I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just add the caveat that it is anything but magical for anyone who gets motion sick! I kept my eyes shut for most of the time and then was queasy for most of the remainder of the day. 🤢
Just a warning for anyone else who suffers from the same affliction!
I have heard that. Did you take any meds. I plan to wear the patch when I ride and hope that works!

I'm learning... why do you upload to Amazon a small amount?
The fee free gift cards are usually in $200 denominations. When I want to put a payment towards tuition using the gift card, I have to take into consideration the fee charged for paying with a card. so I put the amount I’m paying as $194, they then charge me $5.34 as a fee and I’m left with $0.66 on the gift card. The easiest thing to do with that left over $ is to load it into my Amazon account so I don’t just lose it.

And another question-- DH has the CIP, and it doesn't have the 5x at office supply. We don't have a Freedom Flex or anything with rotating categories, just a combo of SW and a straight 2% back card. Which new card is best for paying tuition using gc? I put first semester on the CSP in one payment, not for an MSR either, just because I didn't know any better.
The CIC is definitely the best if you’re buying the fee free gift cards at staples or OD/OM since you get 5% back.
I’m not sure of your credit card stats, but if you’re eligible to apply for a new CIC you’d get the SUB (75,000 URs) after a $7,500 spend in 3 months and then you’d have it going forward for when staples or OD/OM offer fee free gift cards.

I would just add the caveat that it is anything but magical for anyone who gets motion sick! I kept my eyes shut for most of the time and then was queasy for most of the remainder of the day. 🤢
Just a warning for anyone else who suffers from the same affliction!

Sorry, that sounds miserable. My husband actually does get motion sick, but primarily on spinning rides, like teacups. But he can do things like Flight of Passage, rollercoasters and rides like Remy without any problem.

I consider Remy similar to Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railcar. Would you agree?

The fee free gift cards are usually in $200 denominations. When I want to put a payment towards tuition using the gift card, I have to take into consideration the fee charged for paying with a card. so I put the amount I’m paying as $194, they then charge me $5.34 as a fee and I’m left with $0.66 on the gift card. The easiest thing to do with that left over $ is to load it into my Amazon account so I don’t just lose it.
Does the school only allow whole dollar amounts? Just curious why you don't enter the exact amount with the fee that would zero out the GC. Then you wouldn't have to deal with loading Amazon and it would save you a step.

Does the school only allow whole dollar amounts? Just curious why you don't enter the exact amount with the fee that would zero out the GC. Then you wouldn't have to deal with loading Amazon and it would save you a step.
Interesting thought. I’ve never tried. Lazy math, here too. :-)

Anyone else get any delayed shipping over this weekend?

I was expecting a lawn mower cover from Home Depot, purchased with MR's using gift cards bought a while back at 20% off, to tie it in. (My gift card supply is diminishing - wish I could get that same deal again and I'd finish off my small remaining MR stash!)

Anyway, supposed to arrive on Saturday Sept 4th. No show. On Sunday the tracking saying it was arriving changed to 'call after 3 days'. Still says it was sent out.

Meanwhile, I went to the shed, found the box for the old one which split while sitting on the mower, leaving my seat soaking wet in the heavy rain. Inside the box was paper with the guarantee and date purchased. The thing had a 2 year guarantee and it is 1 year and 5 months old. Box was in excellent condition <g>.

Meanwhile, I'm now waiting to call the company for replacement although the replacement terms are ambiguous. We will see. When storing it inside, I don't need a cover. But is using it all summer outside abuse of the product? It's obvious to me that it is sun damage. Did I need a cover for my cover? They are in Pacific time zone so I have to wait until 11am here.

Anyone else get any delayed shipping over this weekend?

Hah, opposite here... I was expecting two things, one to be here today but FedEx delivered it on Saturday... The other was supposed to be here last Friday then got moved to tomorrow and was delivered Sunday... Was surprised to see both show up early. Generally they never make the original dates around here. UPS seems to be the worst right now with making it on time. They must be short on delivery drivers as several times its gotten into town and status went to loaded on truck then sits for a day or two.

This is what I do. I keep track of my payments and have written down in my notebook all the odd amounts it takes for each gc denomination to completely zero out the card so I know how much to charge on each one.

Depends on if you have a use for the points. I got the sub for what I needed the points for and then sock drawered it. I'd rather the UR or MR. But they have some decent transfer partners.
Thanks. I decided to go for it this morning and was approved. I don't have a specific redemption in mind, but I'm taking a break from Chase and wanted something that could be cashed out if I needed it. :-)

Just saw this on Southwest's Home Page-

ENDS THURSDAY
Wanna bring a friend for free*
every time you fly?
Here's how:
1. Register, then book one round trip or
two one-way flights by 9/9/21
2. Travel by 11/18/21
3. Companion flies free* with you 1/6-2/28/2022
*Does not include taxes and fees from $5.60 one-way. Must include Rapid Rewards number during booking. Limited time. Restrictions apply.

@killerfish What’s on the Sunday brunch menu at the GH Tampa? Has the club/lounge reopened? Trying to decide whether to just stay the night in Clearwater or move to GH our final night before we head home.

Any Thoughts on the HR Sarasota?

Club/Lounge has not reopened at this time. Sunday Brunch at Oystercatchers has been modified as it is now a menu instead of a buffet althought it is still wildly succesful.

HR Sarasota has a nice pool and also is in a great location for St. Armands access to Longboat Key.

How old is the CIP? You could PC to a CIC that you can then buy fee free VGCs and MCGCs to use.
January 2019, I believe.

TarraLee said:
... Which new card is best for paying tuition using gc? ...
The CIC is definitely the best if you’re buying the fee free gift cards at staples or OD/OM since you get 5% back.
I’m not sure of your credit card stats, but if you’re eligible to apply for a new CIC you’d get the SUB (75,000 URs) after a $7,500 spend in 3 months and then you’d have it going forward for when staples or OD/OM offer fee free gift cards.

@Alexle2007 Thank you!
@KPK02090 Thank you!

Last edited:
January 2019, I believe.

@Alexle2007 Thank you!
@KPK02090 Thank you!
So I would be PCing that bad boy to CIC today and going to Staples to buy VGCs. (Or apply for CIC for the bonus if you qualify.)

Club/Lounge has not reopened at this time. Sunday Brunch at Oystercatchers has been modified as it is now a menu instead of a buffet althought it is still wildly succesful.

HR Sarasota has a nice pool and also is in a great location for St. Armands access to Longboat Key.
Thanks! Looking for new mini vacay spots.

Just saw this on Southwest's Home Page-

ENDS THURSDAY
Wanna bring a friend for free*
every time you fly?
Here's how:
1. Register, then book one round trip or
two one-way flights by 9/9/21
2. Travel by 11/18/21
3. Companion flies free* with you 1/6-2/28/2022
*Does not include taxes and fees from $5.60 one-way. Must include Rapid Rewards number during booking. Limited time. Restrictions apply.
Nice. Plus they are offering double credit for flights towards A list. I just booked the other day under DH’s account. I am not even sure I could make use of it since DH has CP through Dec 2022 and we are family of 3.

Well looks like I won't be doing VGC using the CIC for my taxes. I hit one Staples yesterday, no cards. I asked if they had any and the cashier said no and to try Kroger next door. Clearly she doesn't understand why I was asking, LOL. This morning I hit the one by school.....none. I feel the last promo they still had some on Saturday, so I thought for sure I'd be okay. Bummed I didn't do more at OD/OM but that mid-week trip to Vegas really threw me for a loop, LOL.

So now I've got to transfer over money for the payment and write a check....GASP! Although I do think they said they will take wired payments so I might do that. I was looking forward to the delay in actually paying the taxes since they'd be on a card. But it just doesn't make sense since I can easily hit the MSR on the IHG card I have right now. And the fees outweigh the 1.5 URs if I used the CIU. I didn't time this right, LOL. If I had the MDD it would have worked great. I think that is the goal when the Winter taxes are due.

No, I hadn't even considered it-that might have been helpful, though. The older I get the less tolerant of movement in rides I get, darn it. :(
OMG that was me at Cedar Point. It was the Gemini of all rides (a smaller wooden coaster) that almost put me over the top and had me hurling. We had fast passes, which was great for short lines, but my body needs downtime, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter