I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard the key to the shot is hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Just curious if those that had a bad reaction think they had proper hydration. Everyone I know that said they consciously hydrated didn't have issues. But could have just been coincidence too since it seems rather random who has reactions and who doesn't.
I drank about 30 oz of water before my shot and a lot more after and didn’t have anything besides the sore arm.

I need to read up on the restrictions closer to the date. For food, I will doing my normal cooler lunch and for dinner will probably still be doing take out. Even vaccinated, I am not sure how fast I will go back to "normal" eating inside a restaurant. I'll wear a mask inside. Now if I can't shop at Frankenmuth, that would be tragic :rotfl2:.

Shop Frankenmuth? Are you talking the outlets at Birch Run? Or the actual city? Bronners? Now for me it would be the chicken dinner! Gotta hit up Zendher's!

I would keep both...actually just did for our vacation last week since all rentals were sold out in Orlando and had the same concern since we landed late. Turns out there were plenty of cars in the lot, so I cancelled the other reservation
Did you cancel when you landed? It's through costco so there is no penalty.

Of course, that's a valid point. It just seems to me that what HS kids find engaging about being in school is the extracurriculars, which as I understand it are even harder to open than the instructional classrooms. But hopefully everyone can be back to at least some extent in the fall.
My high school freshman niece only wanted to go in person to see her friends.
I have lunch duty and do worry about the students sitting shoulder to shoulder eating lunch with no masks. At least for me, I can stand far away and have been vaccinated.
Our district has said the kids are to be maskless when eating, but have to be 6 feet apart. I can't see it happening in reality, the kids aren't gonna listen. Besides, I doubt there's enough room in the middle school lunchroom and they haven't figured out details. The middle school cafeterias (2 of them) make lunches which are delivered to the elementary schools which serve them in the gym, then they make lunch for the middle school kids who go through a lunch line. Social distancing for that sounds a nightmare and again, they keep saying they have no plan yet.

I have heard the key to the shot is hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Just curious if those that had a bad reaction think they had proper hydration. Everyone I know that said they consciously hydrated didn't have issues. But could have just been coincidence too since it seems rather random who has reactions and who doesn't.
Well, I had not heard this and so no, I was not consciously hydrating. I drank 3 cups of coffee that next morning after my shot, not a lot of water. So this very well could have played a factor in my reaction. I will definitely hydrate properly before and after my second dose to see if it makes a difference for sure!! Thanks for the tip!

To be honest, I was not even planning to get the shot right away, and so I hadn't read up or done any research really prior to getting it. I was mainly calling for DH to get it since he works with the public and thus qualifies under 1b (but we hadn't been successfuly in scheduling an appt). I work at home and am hardly ever out, so I figured I would personally just wait until it was widely available. So it did catch me kind of off guard when the pharmacy said they had 2 doses, could we come right now, as I was not expecting to get it and had not taken any prep measures or otherwise.

Is the Chase Southwest 5% promo targeted? I'm not seeing it on my end and guessing I'm one of the unlucky ones!

Entirely possible I’ve been living under a rock but fwiw CDC links to this website now for finding shots and it even allows you to search your area by type!
https://vaccinefinder.org/search/

It's been around for a bit now. But there weren't many openings when it was just the one vaccine.

In other news both grands tested negative as well as daughter who is vaccinated.

This was the second possible exposure and tests for grands. They go to preschool and missed 2 weeks(i think it was 2) for the last possible exposure. They missed this week due to this possible exposure.

Son in law is doing fine and itching for release from his assigned room.

Well, I had not heard this and so no, I was not consciously hydrating. I drank 3 cups of coffee that next morning after my shot, not a lot of water. So this very well could have played a factor in my reaction. I will definitely hydrate properly before and after my second dose to see if it makes a difference for sure!! Thanks for the tip!

To be honest, I was not even planning to get the shot right away, and so I hadn't read up or done any research really prior to getting it. I was mainly calling for DH to get it since he works with the public and thus qualifies under 1b (but we hadn't been successfuly in scheduling an appt). I work at home and am hardly ever out, so I figured I would personally just wait until it was widely available. So it did catch me kind of off guard when the pharmacy said they had 2 doses, could we come right now, as I was not expecting to get it and had not taken any prep measures or otherwise.
I'm a healthcare worker, literally got the first dose the first day our hospital system got it. There was no advice to hydrate, take Tylenol or not take Tylenol. Very little planning but it's all working out. Honestly the worrying and stressing is probably making some people worse. I'm glad you got the chance to be vaccinated. The more, the better.

Our district has said the kids are to be maskless when eating, but have to be 6 feet apart. I can't see it happening in reality, the kids aren't gonna listen. Besides, I doubt there's enough room in the middle school lunchroom and they haven't figured out details. The middle school cafeterias (2 of them) make lunches which are delivered to the elementary schools which serve them in the gym, then they make lunch for the middle school kids who go through a lunch line. Social distancing for that sounds a nightmare and again, they keep saying they have no plan yet.

My district has every other seat marked off currently but I don't think that would be sustainable once we get the freshmen back. Kids have been great about sitting every other seat and some kids even put their masks back on once they are done eating to talk to friends.

We leave soon for 6 days in Maui followed by 2 in Oahu, and have been running into similar issues. So many things require a reservation and have really limited capacities, such as securing reservations for parks at specific times, etc.

I am hopeful we can secure Pearl Harbor tickets 7 days in advance, and then fall back to 24 hours if not successful. Thanks for the hint that it was still a good experience without the USS Arizona Memorial.

I am having an incredibly hard time securing one of the 50 available slots for Haleakala sunrise. There has been mention of bots as well on the recreation.gov site. If anyone has been successful, please let me know your tips and tricks.
I think we will overlap in Maui :) We are heading out in a few hours. Haleakala is an amazing experience at sunrise. I've heard sunset is great, too, but we haven't done that. Have you tried any of the tour groups? That's how we did it, as DH didn't want to drive somewhere unfamiliar in the dark. I think this was the one we did: https://www.skylinehawaii.com/maui/haleakala-classic-sunrise-tour It looks as if they might be sold out, but you could always call and be added to a wait list. I know there are a couple other tours, too. Aloha!

9-night Greek isles with Croatia. Decided to go somewhere new.

We are signed up for this one, too! We've done Greece and Rome, but Croatia will be new. That's assuming DS's graduation doesn't force us to change cruises!

I think anyone confident of anything at this point is an absolute fool.

I suspect and hope vaccines will be required. I think by next summer international travel and cruising should be possible.

I suspect vaccinations will be required for international travel and cruises as well. I hope they are at least! We signed up for a summer 2022 cruise (above) and are counting on it :)

I think we will overlap in Maui :) We are heading out in a few hours. Haleakala is an amazing experience at sunrise. I've heard sunset is great, too, but we haven't done that. Have you tried any of the tour groups? That's how we did it, as DH didn't want to drive somewhere unfamiliar in the dark. I think this was the one we did: https://www.skylinehawaii.com/maui/haleakala-classic-sunrise-tour It looks as if they might be sold out, but you could always call and be added to a wait list. I know there are a couple other tours, too. Aloha!

We are signed up for this one, too! We've done Greece and Rome, but Croatia will be new. That's assuming DS's graduation doesn't force us to change cruises!

I suspect vaccinations will be required for international travel and cruises as well. I hope they are at least! We signed up for a summer 2022 cruise (above) and are counting on it :)
I’m a little worried too. Our high school ends 6/17 and dd will hopefully be working after finishing her freshman year in college. This would be right smack in the middle of summer break for her.

I‘m always drinking water, so I don’t think dehydration affected me, but I will say I was very, very thirsty after my vaccine. Forty eight hours later I’m feeling pretty normal, but that was a rough 40 hours or so! I’m really not looking forward to the second dose!!!!!

I was reminded of the ravenous thirst I had for months post-Covid. I was actively drinking water all day long every day and I still could not get enough to drink. I have no idea why! When I was in the hospital overnight for observation, I started drinking water out of the tap in my room because the nurses would not bring me enough water. It was kinda gross, but I was desperate. And I could not have any visitors, so I could not send someone to get me a drink. :sad2:

I got dose 2 this morning and I drink more water in a day than any human reasonably should, so I'll report back in a couple days.

We had our first Moderna shot at the end of January and second shot 4 weeks later. My only side effect was a pretty sore arm with the first shot that lasted a few days. It was only mildly sore the first night with the second shot. I was slightly disappointed in my side effects. My doctor sister said the younger you are the more active your immune system the more side effects. I thought 53 was young, but apparently not! :rotfl2:

We had our first Moderna shot at the end of January and second shot 4 weeks later. My only side effect was a pretty sore arm with the first shot that lasted a few days. It was only mildly sore the first night with the second shot. I was slightly disappointed in my side effects. My doctor sister said the younger you are the more active your immune system the more side effects. I thought 53 was young, but apparently not! :rotfl2:
I've heard about the age thing also. I'm 35. My DH is 40. However, my sister is 23 and had no side effects. But like I said, out of the three of us, my immune system is the best. So I think it definitely plays a part!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter