I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to share my Pfizer experience- got vax around 2 yesterday- rubbed cbd oil on that spot every couple of hours since,upped my normal cbd oil intake (supposed to be helpful with aches and pains anyway since I have fibromyalgia) So far just a very slight sore spot on arm, nothing to even think about...don't know if the cbd oil helped but thought I'd put that out there for those that use it....

So, on paying estimated quarterly taxes, the limit according to the IRS is 2/quarter it seems. For some reason I thought the limit was imposed by the processor (which doesn't really make sense) and since there are three processors I thought I could do six (trying to use up my Amex spend $500 get $25 back offer). Can anyone provide any insights?

I've been getting the same offer for Hilton in Orlando for over a year now....I keep ignoring it and it always seems to come back lol... I'm guessing bc travel slowed down they're still offering it(?) I can;t go to Florida right now,and when I do I already have so many points to use I can't see paying for this....(but I'm extra extra cheap)

This was a Hyatt offer - first time I've gotten a Hyatt offer.

Yeah, that's my issue. $20 monthly food is good, but I can use the April credit before I have to pay the AF, so that's May - December (9 * $20) $180. The $300 is for direct Marriott charges only, so now I "have" to plan a paid stay or a GC purchase for a future paid stay to justify the sizable AF - and our hotel points balances are so high from the pandemic that I'm not sure it's worth it. Amex Offers aren't part of the equation for me because I have several other Amex cards, and I don't think I've seen anything on the Brilliant that hasn't been on other cards.
I’m in the same boat as you, but I do have a paid night coming up in early April but it’s only $89. I’ll use the credit there, then probably downgrade. I haven’t found a good use for the 50k certificate that expires 8/1 - I will probably just end up using it on a 30k night we have coming up. I don’t want to close it because we’ve actually done well with the $300 credit until now, I’ll wait until the last minute to downgrade then hope for a good upgrade offer.

Do you mind sharing which of the Orlando Hiltons you chose? Reviews are all over the place. I'm going to end up using it sometime in September, I think. No Disney tickets at that time, maybe Universal.
I picked HGV Tuscany Village mostly for location, but also looked at reviews, pool etc. It looks like you can walk to the outlet mall. The booking person I talked to said Tuscany Village and Sea World were her 2 favorite location, take that with a grain of salt, but I think we have to go Parc Soleil for the timeshare presentation. I think Las Palmeras is closest to USO.

Does anyone know, is there a specific SW Chase link for the new 5% offer? I tried the general link but like others have reported it only shows the old offer that expires next week. Did get the offer on P2’s IHG card.

I googled Disney Chase 5% yesterday and got a link that worked for me. So maybe try Southwest Chase 5%.??

Wanted to share my Pfizer experience- got vax around 2 yesterday- rubbed cbd oil on that spot every couple of hours since,upped my normal cbd oil intake (supposed to be helpful with aches and pains anyway since I have fibromyalgia) So far just a very slight sore spot on arm, nothing to even think about...don't know if the cbd oil helped but thought I'd put that out there for those that use it....
I have no idea how CBD oil works but there are a few studies showing decreased vaccine response when using acetaminophen or ibuprofen for post vaccine aches and pains. I avoid anything in the first 24 hours that might blunt immune response. As uncomfortable as it is, the arm soreness, etc, is a sign your immune system is reacting to the vaccine. The second vaccine response should be bigger because you already have some antibodies. I'm not saying you shouldn't use CBD because I have no idea if it's anti-inflammatory or blunts immune response, just that I avoid taking things after vaccines.

I picked HGV Tuscany Village mostly for location, but also looked at reviews, pool etc. It looks like you can walk to the outlet mall. The booking person I talked to said Tuscany Village and Sea World were her 2 favorite location, take that with a grain of salt, but I think we have to go Parc Soleil for the timeshare presentation. I think Las Palmeras is closest to USO.

BIL used to own there. Not even sure if they still have it, but it was a nice location at the time. I like that it's so close to the Publix and the Outlets.

I have no idea how CBD oil works but there are a few studies showing decreased vaccine response when using acetaminophen or ibuprofen for post vaccine aches and pains. I avoid anything in the first 24 hours that might blunt immune response. As uncomfortable as it is, the arm soreness, etc, is a sign your immune system is reacting to the vaccine. The second vaccine response should be bigger because you already have some antibodies. I'm not saying you shouldn't use CBD because I have no idea if it's anti-inflammatory or blunts immune response, just that I avoid taking things after vaccines.
Yes,I'd read a few things too about that. A few articles did say tylenol was ok if needed but only after the shot. CBD tends to reduce inflammation (supposedly) so I figured reducing the site swelling wasn't going to alter the overall effect on immune system.

Still at 30 days on the Disney card. C'mon chase just give me a limit of 500 I don't care, I can move credit.

I didn't get an answer yesterday, is there a number other than the status line I can call or am I stuck waiting until the message changes?

WWYD? I have 2 rental cars w/ Costco right now for 2 different companies. I have a car and an SUV booked. I want the SUV. But I'm worried what if there is nothing when we land? I'm flying into ATL and we don't get there till 8:30pm tomorrow night. Do I keep both reserved?

I gave DD some advil about 10 hours after her shot yesterday. She had a headache that was threatening to turn into a migraine, got her period and was feeling all around crappy. I figured it was long enough and there was definitely an immune response going on. I would have been hesitant to give anything for just arm pain. I didn't take anything for mine.

September - road trip to Michigan. Doing a week visiting Frankenmuth, Traverse City, Sleeping Bear Dunes, Paradise (to name a few).

I am very excited to travel again.

Let's hope Michigan is more back to normal by September!

Aside from the school and outside of school guidance being all over the place, it looks like you infection rate in-school is pretty good at 1%. Around here the general public positivity is about 5% now. Stay vigilant!
We had 4 more students test positive yesterday. So we're at 8 for the week and a staff member. The numbers in Michigan are going CRAZY in the teen demographic. The governor is trying to blame sports, but like I said, my kids played while remote, lots did. The thing that change? She told us all to go back to school so many did w/ a hybrid schedule. Then they decided to tie funding to being in school at least 20 hours. So many schools had to move to 4+ days in person. They also dropped the spacing to 3'. My classroom is fine as my students are normally spaced 3' to begin with. And w/ 1/2 my classes still online I can space my students every other computer, so they easily are 6' apart still. But there are classrooms filled like they were March 2020. I'm not sure why the push to do this JUST BEFORE break as well. Like let us go on break, and then worry about it. But then again, after break it's all down hill w/ state tests, AP tests, etc.

My son had an issue with one kid for a few years but he wouldn't tell the principal/assistant principal the kid's name so they did nothing (he didn't want to tattle or have retaliation). When it happened again last February (2020) I emailed the teacher who told the AP who called my kid into her office, their policy being talk to the kids only. Of course he again wouldn't name the kid, so I called the AP (new to the school) and she was shocked it had been going on from 3rd to 5th grade and not only were they in the same 5th grade class, the teacher made them partners on a project. Long story short, I never got to meet with the AP since lockdown started the Friday before our scheduled meeting. They did promise to notify the middle school that they should not be in the same class.

My son is struggling with anxiety, especially with tests, even though he's been remote the whole time. Our districts initially did a great job with consistency, all remote. The high school was especially hard line on staying remote, especially after the High school district superintendent died of COVID last fall. They actually started in person this week. Elementary/middle school district did full remote until end of January, then went hybrid with the kids split am/pm and the teachers teaching remote and in person simultaneously. They are now going full day in person after spring break, but still offering remote as state mandated, but have no concrete plans and are leaving it up to each school to figure it out. There will be 35 days left in the school year. DS doesn't want to go, despite his anxiety during remote, and I don't see the point of forcing him for 35 days.

I got that too, the location doesn't look that great. From what I see on Google maps, it is not beachfront.

Still missing my resort credit from Hilton Aspire from Feb 15. Ugh. I messaged and got the 6-8 weeks line.
As for the Hilton timeshare, we are doing that too. I bought pre-COVID and have extended so many times, I just bit the bullet and booked 3 nights there and 5 nights at Swan for August. I had hoped to use it for a weekend in winter when we were tired of Chicago cold.
My BIGGEST argument is what is 9 weeks going to do? I've come across more students struggling because of all the changes! It's not the online they can't do. It's finally getting a routine and we change it again. But who am I? Just someone who's been in the classroom 22 years.

Let's hope Michigan is more back to normal by September!

We had 4 more students test positive yesterday. So we're at 8 for the week and a staff member. The numbers in Michigan are going CRAZY in the teen demographic. The governor is trying to blame sports, but like I said, my kids played while remote, lots did. The thing that change? She told us all to go back to school so many did w/ a hybrid schedule. Then they decided to tie funding to being in school at least 20 hours. So many schools had to move to 4+ days in person. They also dropped the spacing to 3'. My classroom is fine as my students are normally spaced 3' to begin with. And w/ 1/2 my classes still online I can space my students every other computer, so they easily are 6' apart still. But there are classrooms filled like they were March 2020. I'm not sure why the push to do this JUST BEFORE break as well. Like let us go on break, and then worry about it. But then again, after break it's all down hill w/ state tests, AP tests, etc.

My BIGGEST argument is what is 9 weeks going to do? I've come across more students struggling because of all the changes! It's not the online they can't do. It's finally getting a routine and we change it again. But who am I? Just someone who's been in the classroom 22 years.
So I'm still irritated we didn't get our schools open in the fall but tend to agree--at this point, why bother? The kids in the classroom are getting a compromised experience because the teacher has 20 virtual students and 2 in person in my kids' high schools. Add in Wellness Wednesday (why is that 100% asynchronous instead of being a virtual day for all while the school is cleaned?) and we lost 20% more instruction time. The school day has already been shortened here. The high achieving kids (I have one) will be okay--they always are. The others (have one of those too) are up the creek. The ones that haven't been showing up or who have learning differences will probably never recover. And I swear these high school kids now think school is prison and getting them back in person is going to be a nightmare. They like being able to go out to lunch with friends or run to Target during study hall. (Sort of like me never wanting to return to the office when I'm very productive at home and I can do a quick errand during lunch.)

Last edited:
Around here they are talking about summer learning opportunities for all kids using money allotted in the rescue plan.

Of course that's also a chance for a lot of personnel to get paid who don't normally work summer programs. But, not sure how they would staff it as school personnel who don't normally work summers because they don't need or want to and who got paid the same despite closures, are probably not going to jump up and down to work this summer.

So I can see the 9 weeks, followed by a summer 4 week program being decent for kids, and also benefit parents who would be paying for camp, babysitters, paid summer school, etc. But - there are just as high as 70% personnel who won't want anything to do with sitting in a classroom in July and early August.

The other aspect is the time factor. Getting together a 'new' comprehensive program is an immense undertaking for a large system.

:oops::D Wow.....that was fast. App'ed for CSP, got instant approval with over 15kCL? I;ve never gotten an approval that quickly..... question- how long does new card take to show up? I'd like to SM for expedite if I can......when should I SM?.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter