I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southwest Change window open June 9 thru Sept 10th possibly.

Credit to @Albort for bringing it to my attention!!

Even though we know this is all over the place now, let’s still try to keep it fairly hush as I don’t think most people know how this works fully!!

I’ll make a spot on the DISchurners news thread to discuss this.
Do you mean August 10th? I didn’t think flights into September were out yet...

That wall is like my worst nightmare. Even my boys, who are constantly told it to touch stuff, practically lick that wall 😂 It’s like a kid magnet.
I don’t even know where that wall is...
I have very rarely had a wait at Poly for anything. Our last trip was one night at POR and it was just awful all the way around. From long waits to mis-information, the cold didn't help my mood though.

Me: "How can I to get to POFQ?"
Each person I asked (at least 2): "Just go to the bus stop and get on any bus."
I thought we could walk or one of the buses went over there, but I needed direction and confirmation. Oh well, who needs a beignet anyway. Lunch at Satu'li Canteen it was and I treated myself with an alcoholic drink.
You can walk, boat or bus. Can’t believe they steered you wrong. Like when we stayed at Ft Wilderness, half the CMs we asked said to take a bus to Disney Springs then get a bus to Fort Wilderness, the other half gave directions to Wilderness Lodge by mistake.
UM 💛💙 lol. Ann Arbor is not as exotic as most of the destinations talked about here but it's not so bad! Cute town. Lots of great food.
I have been to Michigan lots of times but never made it to Ann Arbor. I need to make my way east. Always on the west or up north like Traverse City.
my life...when I go I usually use a gc starting with a large balance.... I've never felt uncomfortable, it seemed funny to me,the reaction that after buying some fries I still have $678 left on the gc :rotfl2:
I just feel uncomfortable knowing if I lost an $800 GC our vacation would be ruined.
LOL. You can see my mindset...it's president's weekend...it's Michigan....therefore it's hockey, LOL.

Okay on campus, Cottage Inn pizza is a classic, but I honestly prefer Pizza House. You must get the shakes/malts there as well. If you want something truly Ann Arbor, order a Chapati. It's a salad kinda in a pita (I don't do salad, but like I said, it's very A2). If you want deli sandwiches you have to do Zingermann's in Kerrytown. But I prefer Zingerman's roadhouse. For breakfast Angelo's (by the med school) is a MUST!
I get the Zingermans catalogue and have ordered things that were yummy. Always thought it seemed a good reason to visit Ann Arbor but haven’t gotten there.
😂😂 normally I have it so we break even. I hate giving the government a loan during the year. But with the changes last year we’re now getting refunds. I probably should get around to adjusting our payroll deductions, but HR 😒
My first year at current job, I noticed HR wasn’t taking as much tax out as my previous employer had even though I was making more money. I called and they insisted it was fine. Sure enough we owed $ at tax time, when every previous year we had a refund of a couple hundred. I would rather get a few hundred back than owe. Then there was the time they took someone else’s insurance premium from my paycheck by mistake. Because they only used my very common name, not SS number or anything to identify which employee they should take money from. (Ironically as healthcare employees we are required to use 2 patient identifiers for each patient we see).

Is there any reason whatsoever to use URs through the Chase portal for Apple purchases? I can’t think of any. Seems it would make more sense to use a card with cell phone protection or at least earn points on the purchase.

Do you mean August 10th? I didn’t think flights into September were out yet...
I'm not sure - just relaying what @Albort said. I have only verified it working on my one flight. We'll need to either see an official release from SW or verify using our own DPs. I did adjust to Aug 10th though because that's how far out the schedule goes right now.

Full of questions tonight.
For those with CSR, when you activate Priority Pass it says “active account will display here”. Mine says activated but nothing else is displayed. Does it display PP number?
I have a PP card from a previous CSR but I don’t think we got one from this CSR. Any way to tell?

Full of questions tonight.
For those with CSR, when you activate Priority Pass it says “active account will display here”. Mine says activated but nothing else is displayed. Does it display PP number?
I have a PP card from a previous CSR but I don’t think we got one from this CSR. Any way to tell?

You will need to SM to get a new card if you PCd to the CSR.

ETA If I click on the Learn more I do see my card number.

Does anyone here have both the JetBlue Biz card and a personal JetBlue card? DH has the biz card (with a measly $1000 limit) and I'd love for him to get the personal as well.

I will soon be earning a Southwest Companion Pass - more details HERE for those who want ALL of the juicy details 😉
giphy.gif
we just received ours in the mail yesterday. It was exactly one week after we confirmed we had it. Just for fun, do you know what’s the most anyone was able to use a companion pass? Either in number of trips or in dollars saved?

we just received ours in the mail yesterday. It was exactly one week after we confirmed we had it. Just for fun, do you know what’s the most anyone was able to use a companion pass? Either in number of trips or in dollars saved?
So this is probably a little different than what you're asking (as far as churners go), but the people that use it the most are the people earning it through flying, lol

I know a guy who was semi-retired and flew around the country going to food industry trade shows as a representative for companies. He was flying the 110+ legs a year to earn the CP and his wife was also retired so he took her with him everywhere they went.

Southwest Change window open - it should start on June 7th and may go thru Aug 10th possibly. (end date needs to be verified still)

Credit to @Albort for bringing it to my attention!!

Even though we know this is all over the place now, let’s still try to keep it fairly hush as I don’t think most people know how this works fully!!

I’ll make a spot on the DISchurners news thread to discuss this.
:dancer::banana::cool1::cheer2:
Made my day!

We currently hold 2 CPs and I'm trying to get as much out of them as possible.

One round trip to Hawaii (Texas-California-Hawaii, then Hawaii-Arizona-Texas)
One completed trip to Orlando
One trip booked to Orlando
At least 2-3 more Orlando trips to book.

I'm tracking $ value of each leg and I plan to total it at the end of the year.

So this is probably a little different than what you're asking (as far as churners go), but the people that use it the most are the people earning it through flying, lol

I know a guy who was semi-retired and flew around the country going to food industry trade shows as a representative for companies. He was flying the 110+ legs a year to earn the CP and his wife was also retired so he took her with him everywhere they went.
That just made me smile! I’m excited to have it but no way we could do that much!

We currently hold 2 CPs and I'm trying to get as much out of them as possible.

One round trip to Hawaii (Texas-California-Hawaii, then Hawaii-Arizona-Texas)
One completed trip to Orlando
One trip booked to Orlando
At least 2-3 more Orlando trips to book.

I'm tracking $ value of each leg and I plan to total it at the end of the year.
That’s a great idea. I’m a spreadsheet person and we started a sheet of where we want to go and when do I’ll have to keep track of the $value.

Not seeing it ......my flight in June is still showing as a 737-Max :eek:

That's not the same plane. If it said Max 8 it would be, but if it's just the 737 Max it's an older generation plane and isn't the one that's grounded.

That's not the same plane. If it said Max 8 it would be, but if it's just the 737 Max it's an older generation plane and isn't the one that's grounded.
This isn’t entirely accurate. I believe your referring to 737-800 vs 737-MAX. Also, there are still flights listed using the Max equipment until they make these changes. During this time frame is when they will remove or reassign the flights that up to this point had shown a Max plane as their equipment. Also - aren’t all Max planes grounded? So the Max (7) is also not flying right now.

EDIT: example = BNA -> PIT #2847 on sat Aug 8th shows a Max8 as the plane still (but not for long since they are making these updates).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter