• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
United loophole? I am intrigued LOL

@Lain can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what he is referring to is the process of booking a flight through a connecting airport that you really want as your final destination, and then getting off at that connecting airport and not continuing through to the final booked destination. For some reason, flights through an airport can be less expensive than flights to an airport, which I am sure must make some financial sense somehow because it's been around forever. I'm not sure why airlines would really care whether you use the final leg of the flight but obviously they do.

@Lain can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what he is referring to is the process of booking a flight through a connecting airport that you really want as your final destination, and then getting off at that connecting airport and not continuing through to the final booked destination. For some reason, flights through an airport can be less expensive than flights to an airport, which I am sure must make some financial sense somehow because it's been around forever. I'm not sure why airlines would really care whether you use the final leg of the flight but obviously they do.
There is a site called skiplagged that shows where you can find some of these flights. You would need to do only carry on or your bags will go on without you. Airlines don’t like this and if you do it frequently they might get cranky.

Another Delta DP, sorry for those who aren’t interested it’s a lot to glaze over!

I booked Bos-jfk this am using 75k miles without the insurance. My plan was to cancel that hoping for a voucher that I could apply to my April Disney hotel reservation. I just got the miles refunded. So I will book again this time I’ll get the insurance and then I should get a voucher in a few days. It’s a $93 cost but to get the double miles on the rest of the balance seems worth it to me

So I upgraded earlier this year to the Chase Marriott Boundless (or whatever card). I just read that this card comes with Priority Pass also. I never received a Priority Pass Card for this. Could this be because I already have one from the CSR?

So I upgraded earlier this year to the Chase Marriott Boundless (or whatever card). I just read that this card comes with Priority Pass also. I never received a Priority Pass Card for this. Could this be because I already have one from the CSR?

You can have multiple Priority Pass cards but I'm pretty sure you have to apply for each one separately; I don't think any of the cc companies sends them out automatically.

I got my BoA letter in the mail today confirming the $300 checking promo and that I was "already taking the necessary steps for my bonus." Little does this letter know I already met the $4,000 DD and I am waiting for my money :bored:

Same! I broke down and filled out the PAPER direct deposit change form that my behind the times Fortune 100 company still uses, and FAXED it in. Surprisingly the change occurred for the very next paycheck so I’ve now met the DD requirement with an actual payroll DD. First time I’ve ever changed my actual DD for a bank bonus. Then I immediately faxed in a new form to update it back to my usual bank.

Lost in the thread (as usual) but wanted to say thank you to whomever suggested or mentioned the status match thing with hotels. I am not sure it will ever come in handy but I just requested a status match for my (never used) Wyndham account. I guess it can't hurt!

I never knew that was a thing! Unfortunately for me, Best Western doesn't get you far but hey, it's cheap! (Usually!)

Here’s a fun status match story. My Amex Plat gives Gold status with Hilton. I didn’t think much of it but when we were in Vegas at the Waldorf Astoria we received upgraded rooms as well as $50 resort credit per night. Definitely worth it!

OMG if Stacey was my wife I would beg her to let me in the videos! :flower3:

Just a single, childless millennial clogging up the Disney parks :rotfl:

I keep seeing all these Stacey posts and do a double take as it’s my real first name (spelled the same and all!!). I thought I was just really popular this morning! :flower3:

Last edited:
This game is so YMMV. I went to my close staples yesterday and one an extra 10 mins away. I was able to get 5 cards at each even though last promo the close one told me there is a limit of 1. Went back to the close one today and my favorite cashier (the one who asked about my out of state ID) is there. He tells me it’s a limit of 1 but if I want I can pay with however many cards I have on me and get 1 per each credit card. I only had my ink and a few Amex’s so I tried 1 Amex and I’ll see if I get points. I think I should go back tomorrow with my whole dang sock drawer of 30 cards. I’ll report back tomorrow with how that goes :rotfl2:

Oh, wait... Think I got the WN thing... Flights booked from X date to Y date can be changed to 14 days before or after the booked date for however long this mystery change window is open. Bookings before X date and after Y date won't qualify for changes. (Sorry guys, coffee just isn't doing it for my brain this morning. I feel like this is really simple but I'm just too dense to understand it this morning o_O )

Oh, wait... Think I got the WN thing... Flights booked from X date to Y date can be changed to 14 days before or after the booked date for however long this mystery change window is open. Bookings before X date and after Y date won't qualify for changes. (Sorry guys, coffee just isn't doing it for my brain this morning. I feel like this is really simple but I'm just too dense to understand it this morning o_O )
👍 I have now made so many changes it’s not funny! I am wishing I would have booked end of Sept flights when this had happened previously. We have a long weekend and no plans.

Same! I broke down and filled out the PAPER direct deposit change form that my behind the times Fortune 100 company still uses, and FAXED it in. Surprisingly the change occurred for the very next paycheck so I’ve now met the DD requirement with an actual payroll DD. First time I’ve ever changed my actual DD for a bank bonus. Then I immediately faxed in a new form to update it back to my usual bank.
WOW, paper DD and it was updated that fast? Very nice! I can't wait for the bonus to post so I can figure out the easiest way to get my money back and close the account. I may try to take it all from Chase, but waiting and then dealing with an SM or call to cancel... IDK I may just go to my local branch and close it out with a check and deposit it into my other bank on the way home. Still on the fence!

I keep seeing all these Stacey posts and do a double take as it’s my real first name (spelled the same and all!!). I thought I was just really popular this morning! :flower3:
HAHA are you she?! :teleport:

Last night was my first attempt at doing it, but that seems to be the gist of it. I looked at the "low fare calendar" option that pops up after the initial search. It shows you the day with the cheapest option on a calendar. Luckily the dates I needed for my sister had the lowest fares, they just weren't the ideal times. I booked the lowest, and changed right away with no additional fee.

Look at us being nice siblings doing this for our brother and sister 😂

WOW, paper DD and it was updated that fast? Very nice! I can't wait for the bonus to post so I can figure out the easiest way to get my money back and close the account. I may try to take it all from Chase, but waiting and then dealing with an SM or call to cancel... IDK I may just go to my local branch and close it out with a check and deposit it into my other bank on the way home. Still on the fence!

HAHA are you she?! :teleport:

I wish!!!

For BOA I was able to pull about $6K from my Amex Savings account. I left $1.5K in to avoid fees until the bonus posts. I had lots in there because I tried a push from SoFi and then from Amex Savings to see if they would trigger the bonus. I didn’t think they would based on how they coded so that’s why I ended up moving my DD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter