• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems like a sign. I need to book a trip to Europe with MRs to Delta and then book a $500+ pay in advance non-refundable hotel rate using this new AMEX offer plus DHs $300 Bonvoy credit that just reset... And if I'd book by Nov I'd have the additional $25 anniversary credit :rotfl:

Lots of folks are transferring points to Delta. I also know a lot of you travel to the UK often. Maybe this can be of use to some of you:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/delta-flash-sale-u-k-on-sale-starting-from-20000-miles/
There's a new Amex Offer out for Marriott luxury brands.

Spend $500 or more, get $100 back - Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $500+ USD on room rate/room charges at EDITION®, The Ritz-Carlton®, The Luxury Collection, St. Regis®, W® Hotels & JW Marriott® from 9/5/2019 to 12/31/2019.

Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. Reservations must be made online at www.marriott.com, via the Marriott Bonvoy App or by calling 1-888-236-2427. Excludes all other Marriott brands. Excludes gift card purchases. Not valid for online retail purchases or purchases of Bonvoy points. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date. Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating Marriott luxury brand hotel made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $500 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable.

I added it to my Bonvoy Brilliant, but it was also on my Biz Plat and BGR. We'll be at the Royal Hawaiian (Luxury Collection) again over the holidays, and parking and resort fees will probably run $300+. If I have anything left of the Brilliant's $300 Marriott credit, I'll stack this deal. And hopefully another Marriott Amex Offer comes out between now and the end of the year.

🤞

We do not advise making person-to-person transactions using PayPal, Venmo etc. on your Amex cards anyway, but effective 11/1/19 Amex is limiting the amount of P2P payments that you can send within a 30-day period:
  • One from American Express $2,000
  • Zync Card $2,000
  • Green Card $2,000
  • Gold Card $2,000
  • Platinum Card $4,000
  • Centurion Card $5,000
https://travelwithgrant.boardingare...erson-to-person-transactions-plan-it-feature/

This seems like a sign. I need to book a trip to Europe with MRs to Delta and then book a $500+ pay in advance non-refundable hotel rate using this new AMEX offer plus DHs $300 Bonvoy credit that just reset... And if I'd book by Nov I'd have the additional $25 anniversary credit :rotfl:

:cheer2:

I am in the process of re-booking our Christmas flights but this is strange. I thought CP went through 12/31 but I have a flight booked for 12/31 which lands before midnight and I don’t see the option to add DS as my companion. Anyone have this happen?
I ended up calling SW. The CSR was very helpful and said I should be able to add DS as my companion and took care of it for me. We now have 3 different return flights booked as I figure out which one we want to take. I was really hoping to adjust my 1/3 flight to a later time. But 12/31 DS will still fly free...until DH earns the CP.

I am strugglebus with setting up auto forwarding emails on my gmail account. Could someone help me with a step by step guide? I want to set up my airline account emails to forward to award wallet...

PSA: The Amex Business Platinum's elevated 20,000 MR support bonus ends on 9/25/19.

Presumably, the Biz Plat's support bonus will then go back down to 15,000 MR.

P.S. I don't see an end date to the elevated 15k MR support bonus from the BBP. The Blue Business Plus's elevated 15,000 MR support bonus is also scheduled to end on 9/25/19.

Last edited:
I am strugglebus with setting up auto forwarding emails on my gmail account. Could someone help me with a step by step guide? I want to set up my airline account emails to forward to award wallet...
Do you want every single email from the account to forward? Or only certain emails from a specific sender?

We do not advise making person-to-person transactions using PayPal, Venmo etc. on your Amex cards anyway, but effective 11/1/19 Amex is limiting the amount of P2P payments that you can send within a 30-day period:
  • One from American Express $2,000
  • Zync Card $2,000
  • Green Card $2,000
  • Gold Card $2,000
  • Platinum Card $4,000
  • Centurion Card $5,000
https://travelwithgrant.boardingare...erson-to-person-transactions-plan-it-feature/

This has always struck me as beyond stupid for Amex. PayPal is a legitimate means of payment, many times for small, locally-owned businesses where the payment simply goes to a single person.

Is this really such a huge thing for them that they need to continue to clamp down on it?

Can someone hold my WN hand?... My bro needs to book flights on 11/23 and 11/30 using a gift card and cash. Prices have been ridic. If this change window has happened to 12/3 flights the widow for re-bookings could be 11/19-12/17 right? Mechanics of what I think he should do
-book flights as one-ways for simplicity
-book cheapest flight available using gift card and cash
-immediately change it to desired flight

Flights are fully refundable to original payment within 24 hours so I really don't see any downside to trying this, am I missing anything?

Do you want every single email from the account to forward? Or only certain emails from a specific sender?
Only certain emails. It's supposed to be if you can send the account update emails you get from SW, United, etc, to your 'award wallet email account' they give you then it will update them for you.

Hmmmm....now you have me thinking. DS has a long weekend 1/17-20 so I could take him out an extra day or two. 60k MRs +$517 in taxes or 120k MRs for Comfort +.

In my experience when Delta offers these deals - it is usually better value to book economy and then pay OOP to upgrade to comfort +.

Also - don't overlook the exit row seats in economy (may not be an option depending on age of DS) - cheaper than comfort + and qualifies for airline credit if you have Delta selected as your airline on a relevant Amex.

Only certain emails. It's supposed to be if you can send the account update emails you get from SW, United, etc, to your 'award wallet email account' they give you then it will update them for you.
Gotcha! This explains it much better than I can and has pictures https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-forward-gmail-email-using-filters-1171934

I did basically the same thing from my mom’s Gmail since I don’t get AP emails. I have Gmail email and text me when they come through from her account.

Thanks for the advice. I’m not sure what I want to do next. I’m ready for a new msr and would like to start accumulating either Hilton or Marriott points. (which is better for an eventual Hawaii trip?) Or a travel eraser or cash back card (still trying to earn as much as possible for WDW 4/20).

I don’t have any Amex cards yet, so I get mailers for the 100k platinum all the time, but I’m at 4/24 (until August 2020) and don’t want to use that last spot just yet. I’m guessing once I’m in the Amex game those mailers will stop.

If the Hilton biz doesn’t look like my best option, any other suggestions? Thanks as always!

05/18 CIP - closed
08/18 CSP - closing this month
08/18 CSR - pc-ing to CF this month
11/18 SW Plus
01/19 SW biz premier
04/19 CIP #2
06/19 Barclay Arrival +
08/19 SW biz performance
Have you considered the Amex Biz Plat? There's a write up on how to get the 100kMR/10k offer on DISchurners.

In my experience when Delta offers these deals - it is usually better value to book economy and then pay OOP to upgrade to comfort +.

Also - don't overlook the exit row seats in economy (may not be an option depending on age of DS) - cheaper than comfort + and qualifies for airline credit if you have Delta selected as your airline on a relevant Amex.
Do you know if paying OOP to upgrade to a normal comfort+ seat work to trigger Amex credit?

Thanks! DS is 12 so I don’t think we qualify. But I’ll keep the OOP in mind. First, I have to ask DH about it since we now be 11/27-12/1- Orlando, 12/18-1/3- Punta Cana, Orlando and not sure he will want 1/16-21 also.

I will update re: my ticket situation. I hope it works out for both of us, and I will feel badly if not and I misled you (or anyone else) with my example. :-(

Never feel bad for sharing a DP! Whatever the final outcome. As with all glitches/loopholes, I go into it knowing full well YMMV!

Fingers crossed it all works out for us and anyone else here who tried it. I'll be obsessively checking e-mail today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter