How do you picture this virus finally ending

I'm guessing you are outside the US? I don't know anywhere in the US where you might say that. In the state where I live COVID restrictions would prevent pretty much everything you say you're doing right now.
What state would that be?

I have friends who are "jumping the line" by going to another state to get vaccinations, and I told my DH that as much as I really, really want my freedom back, I'm not getting this far just to do something that I'll regret later.
Is this prohibited in your state or the state that your friends are getting vaccines in?

Im so envious. I wish I could do that, but I am WAY too scared of killing someone by giving them the virus. I couldn’t live with that. So I wait for my turn with the vaccine. I wiil not kill someone just to have my freedom

This an extremely unhealthy way to think and I hope you see a therapist for it. Did you feel this way during cold/flu season before?

I'm guessing you are outside the US? I don't know anywhere in the US where you might say that. In the state where I live COVID restrictions would prevent pretty much everything you say you're doing right now.

Just because a state has restrictions it doesn’t mean people are listening.

Is this prohibited in your state or the state that your friends are getting vaccines in?
Here in California you can only get a vaccine in the county you live in. My 86 year old brother almost had to sneak into a vaccine clinic because the biggest issue here is they keep adding people who can get the shot, but they still don't have enough vaccine for the previous groups

Here in California you can only get a vaccine in the county you live in. My 86 year old brother almost had to sneak into a vaccine clinic because the biggest issue here is they keep adding people who can get the shot, but they still don't have enough vaccine for the previous groups
I was asking that particular poster for their area because I don't assume that's it's wrong OR right everywhere and they expressed what seemed to be disproval in what their friends did.

In various places especially places that border another state it's not an issue whatsoever. Here it's expected that people cross state lines, be it work, living, hospital system, etc. Additionally in both of our states people have driven hours to get their vaccine (which is something others in other states have done). The state next to me the main issue was the two largest metros weren't getting much and the rural areas were so people from the city were driving to the rural areas and getting the vaccine (all eligible as far as group/tier just issue with location).

FTR I looked up CA and it's a work/live too so in at least some places there.

Additionally at least from the state:

Some counties may be putting restrictions which is fine but not at a state level it would appear on residency.

I don't believe it's prohibited in either state, but I personally don't think it's ethical. There are people in the state they're traveling to that can't get appointments because they're being taken up by people those vaccines weren't intended for. So while there's no legal ramification, it's not something I would choose to do.

I don't believe it's prohibited in either state, but I personally don't think it's ethical. There are people in the state they're traveling to that can't get appointments because they're being taken up by people those vaccines weren't intended for. So while there's no legal ramification, it's not something I would choose to do.
Understood :)

What if someone worked in that state or their hospital was there or their pharmacy was there? Or is this an issue where there's no reasonable reason to cross state lines (which I can see happens in places for sure)?

Nice. If you don't want to give a deadly virus to someone else you should see a therapist.

Read her quote again. She’s not limiting her activities so she’s not spreading the virus. She’s so afraid of killing people that she is willing to give up her freedoms. It’s irrational and unhealthy.

And there’s nothing wrong with seeing a therapist!

Nice. If you don't want to give a deadly virus to someone else you should see a therapist.
I think the poster was referring to the repeated "kill someone" parts. The poster who made those comments has definitely said that multiple times. While I would not necessarily suggest seeing a therapist a constant state of fear that you'll kill someone by doing virtually all activity is probably not good for one's stress level. I think this is a case where you sorta have to have seen the posts over time. Multiple posters have tried to step in to alleviate fears to the poster who made the "kill someone" comments. It's pretty evident, as delicately as one can put it, it goes way above and beyond not wanting to pass the virus to someone (which is really what many of us don't actually want to do) and steps into a different territory all together.

Understood :)
What if someone worked in that state or their hospital was there or their pharmacy was there? Or is this an issue where there's no reasonable reason to cross state lines (which I can see happens in places for sure)?

It's 3 hours away, so no likelihood of that. The situation is that my profession (college faculty/staff) was pushed way down the list in my state. In the neighboring state college faculty/staff were included with K-12 educators. My institution is (mostly) in-person, so these people are teaching in the classroom and are exposed to many students on a daily basis, and want to get vaccinated. But they won't be able to in my state for many months - likely until our semester is well over.

That is not true. I worked at a vaccine clinic and we were vaccinating if they lived OR worked in the county. The mass vaccination sites are open to anybody in qualifying groups. Private insurance like Kaiser is allowing you to go to offices in different counties as are places like CVS. Whether that's ethical is a different conversation, but it is allowed. And is very much a county by county decision.

The shortage I agree with.

It's 3 hours away, so no likelihood of that. The situation is that my profession (college faculty/staff) was pushed way down the list in my state. In the neighboring state college faculty/staff were included with K-12 educators. My institution is (mostly) in-person, so these people are teaching in the classroom and are exposed to many students on a daily basis, and want to get vaccinated. But they won't be able to in my state for many months - likely until our semester is well over.
Ahh okay yes that I can understand where you're coming from

The Spanish Flu pandemic infected an estimated 500M people, about 33% of the worldwide population, even with limited international travel (as compared to now).

SARS-COV-2 has infected about 116M people confirmed, which is less than 2% of today’s global population.

Exactly what I’ve been saying to people! I would really hate to see how people would respond to a “real” pandemic. This is a pandemic wanna be. Exactly why I’ve been living my normal life since May. If people were getting infected and dying at anywhere near the rate they were a hundred years ago then I’d be taking it much more seriously and using the precautions people are currently using for this mini pandemic. I’m so baffled by the over reaction to this thing...people are acting like there are a half a million dead per week instead of in an entire year!

That is not true. I worked at a vaccine clinic and we were vaccinating if they lived OR worked in the county. The mass vaccination sites are open to anybody in qualifying groups. Private insurance like Kaiser is allowing you to go to offices in different counties as are places like CVS. Whether that's ethical is a different conversation, but it is allowed. And is very much a county by county decision.

The shortage I agree with.
It is true in Sacramento County. From their website:
When Can I Get Vaccinated?

Starting February, Sacramento County has begun coordinating vaccinations at various sites for those who are living in Sacramento County and are 75 years old and older, and at other sites for those 65 years old and older. Sacramento County is also using the limited vaccine allocation to continue vaccinating Phase 1a Tier 1 – 3 priority list of workers – healthcare, first responders and congregate care setting staff as well as some groups in Phase 1b Tier 1.

https://www.saccounty.net/COVID-19/Pages/CoronavirusVaccine.aspx

It is true in Sacramento County. From their website:
When Can I Get Vaccinated?

Starting February, Sacramento County has begun coordinating vaccinations at various sites for those who are living in Sacramento County and are 75 years old and older, and at other sites for those 65 years old and older. Sacramento County is also using the limited vaccine allocation to continue vaccinating Phase 1a Tier 1 – 3 priority list of workers – healthcare, first responders and congregate care setting staff as well as some groups in Phase 1b Tier 1.

https://www.saccounty.net/COVID-19/Pages/CoronavirusVaccine.aspx
Yes, that's exactly what I said. It varies county by county. But your assertion that it was statewide was incorrect. I gave examples.

Exactly what I’ve been saying to people! I would really hate to see how people would respond to a “real” pandemic. This is a pandemic wanna be. Exactly why I’ve been living my normal life since May. If people were getting infected and dying at anywhere near the rate they were a hundred years ago then I’d be taking it much more seriously and using the precautions people are currently using for this mini pandemic. I’m so baffled by the over reaction to this thing...people are acting like there are a half a million dead per week instead of in an entire year!

Hah, not the intent of my post nor a response I would have anticipated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter