How do you picture this virus finally ending

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
Just wondering what are your thoughts on how this virus is all going to end when we can finally get ours lives back I know things will have to go slowly but just how slow. Also how will they ones in charge start lifting restrictions. Just wondering what everything thinks this will finally end.

i don't think it will ever entirely end.

even if/when there could be developed 100% effective vaccinations for current/new variants there will be those who will choose not to vaccinate as well those who can't. i'm also afraid that with the way this thing attacks the lungs (even in people who have had relatively 'minor' and in some asymptomatic cases) that we may, in future years/decades, see some kind of 'post covid' condition. i had a sibling who had post polio syndrome manifest decades after that awful disease was largely eliminated and there are estimates that it can take up to 40 years to appear w/ as many as 50% of polio survivors experiencing it. for that reason i can't fathom the attitude that covid isn't something for kids/teens to worry about contracting:guilty:

Zombies!!. Ok kidding aside. It will never go away. We will get the vaccine and get a booster every year if the mutations get worse. People who can't or won't get the vaccine will be at risk when we stop the masks and distancing. I see masks being a thing in the winter. I hope people would wear a mask if sick from now on and for ever.

I will be happy when my son doesn’t have to go work in a covid ICU unit or come home and tell me his patient died.
Also the hospital has a new outpatient department for the covid “Long haulers “.
We just have to keep being vigilant and careful.
I think it will always be here in some form.

The Spanish flu pandemic ended with herd immunity after about 18 months. While Flu is endemic the pandemic ended and the fear and restrictions ended. The vaccines seem to be reducing transmission and hospitalisations, we may all need boosters regularly but I see no reason for this to be different it ends with herd immunity, hopefully this year or next year.

Not anytime soon. Variants are exploding and we have absolutely no clue how long the vax offers protection for. With warmer weather on the horizon with spring and summer, cases will decrease and stall. The true test will be how we handle the next fall/winter and if an even stronger variant emerges. I guess we’ll find out soon with all the rollbacks on State level mandates and restrictions.

I have been creating a lesson plan comparing the great influenza of 1918 and the Covid 19. I believe that just like in 1918 the acute number of cases will decrease but like the flu it will always be around. Just like the flu shot people will get or chose not to get a booster every year. I believe that better treatments will continue to be found and life will go on. Look at history there have been many pandemics and epidemics. Things progress and people move on.

Not anytime soon. Variants are exploding and we have absolutely no clue how long the vax offers protection for. With warmer weather on the horizon with spring and summer, cases will decrease and stall. The true test will be how we handle the next fall/winter and if an even stronger variant emerges. I guess we’ll find out soon with all the rollbacks on State level mandates and restrictions.
Read up on what's been happening in Brazil...... it makes me tired just reading.... :sad1:

I think we'll wind up getting Covid shots every year just like we get flu shots. I'm hoping for 2022 to be mask-free for healthy people. I had always wondered what it would be like to live in a time of history. Guess what? It blows.

Yes, this. Yearly booster, like flu shots. Unless we can find a vaccine that actually prevents infection, this isn't going to be like polio or smallpox, it's going to be like the flu.

Read up on what's been happening in Brazil...... it makes me tired just reading.... :sad1:
Extremely heartbreaking what is happening in Brazil. Deeply concerned of a very lethal variant developing. I honestly don’t think we’ll see any improvements until 2024/2025.

Maybe ending was the wrong way to say it more like just getting our lives back Being able to breath the way we were meant to. PP said about living history this is not the kind of history I want to live

Brazil is at about 1% people vaccinated and it's going slow. I really hope we get to 10% in a few months so we can maybe dodge this varient as best we can.

Brazil is at about 1% people vaccinated and it's going slow. I really hope we get to 10% in a few months so we can maybe dodge this varient as best we can.
Yes...that's in the reading also.... add to this horrible new variant that they have a lack of access to a vaccine.... and they're discovering that people are Covid+ again after having a full blown case previously...and it's already spread to other countries (including US) ..that's why I said it makes me tired,just knowing all of this.

It’s never going to end. It’ll be around forever like the flu. Life will go on. People will eventually realize you can return to normal or live with your own personal restrictions the rest of your life (I have coworkers who are vaccinated that still refuse to leave the house). But it’s not going anywhere.

Honestly when I’m out and about I don’t even think about covid and I’m not worried. We did the Poconos this weekend with another family and I never thought about it once. We went snow tubing, ATV riding, went to restaurants. We wore masks where required but went about our days as normal.

It’s never going to end. It’ll be around forever like the flu. Life will go on. People will eventually realize you can return to normal or live with your own personal restrictions the rest of your life (I have coworkers who are vaccinated that still refuse to leave the house). But it’s not going anywhere.

Honestly when I’m out and about I don’t even think about covid and I’m not worried. We did the Poconos this weekend with another family and I never thought about it once. We went snow tubing, ATV riding, went to restaurants. We wore masks where required but went about our days as normal.

Exactly how our lives are. I barely even remember there is a pandemic until Disboards reminds me 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter