How do you picture this virus finally ending

Well, when those states get another major outbreak and hospitals become overburdened again, they'll likely reinstate those mandates.

I live in California, and I don't see the masks or the social distancing going away here, not before 2022 at the very least.

Our state's mask mandate is over.

Our governor said he's out of the business of telling people what to do.

I don't see a mask mandate coming back regardless of what happens.

Fortunately, 67% of 'the people' think he lifted the mandate too soon. Hopefully, they'll continue to take precautions. The other 33% are pretty adamant that they're done with the pandemic.

All we can do is take care of ourselves.

The vaccine rollout will help and health care workers are still giving good cautionary advice.

I’m in California and I almost never wear a mask outside (when I visit Downtown Disney and when I go on campus at school are the two exceptions I can think of). Even in stores I don’t always wear them - especially if there’s self checkout. I consider it an interesting interesting social experiment to see when I’ll get stopped by a worker. It hasn’t happened yet. I’m not very intimidating either.

Wait so you are not following rules unless an underpaid worker directly engages you and potentially puts themselves at risk? For all they know you are currently covid positive and since masks generally protect others (not self) they have to risk it to get you to follow the rules? Whoa...

I guess some people really just want to advertise how selfish they are... mind blowing, really.

Wait so you are not following rules unless an underpaid worker directly engages you and potentially puts themselves at risk? For all they know you are currently covid positive and since masks generally protect others (not self) they have to risk it to get you to follow the rules? Whoa...

I guess some people really just want to advertise how selfish they are... mind blowing, really.

Maybe I am! If I use self checkout I’m no where near the workers. Honestly I’m totally done with the whole theater of the situation.

I went on a hike today on an extremely wide trail. There was a couple in some sort of 95 mask. Why? There’s no scientific reason for it. I smiled at them, they wouldn’t make eye contact with me. Ok.

Agreed 100%. It's incredible that some people want to break rules just to provoke a confrontation.

If I use self checkout I’m no where near the workers.
I use self-check out a lot but I'll tell you the number of times where there's no one close to me is fairly small if pretty much never.

Our local Walmart is majority self-checkout and you are def. around other people when using them, there's an attendant for each self checkout area (there are 2 of them one being very large) and in the very large area the workers mill about making sure you don't need help.

And I don't know about you but sometimes I need help with the machines.

And it's not just the workers you're around other people too.

You do you but please don't use the excuse of self checkout for a reason to not wear a mask. And please really don't do it to make some sort of social experiment as you call it. No one should be put into a bad position like that just for someone to get their kicks out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter