Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

They seem to keep that secret. It might be just after midnight. It might be 6 am. Today I saw WOC dessert party available a day early. There was nothing at midnight for Trader Sam's but I was able to book it at 2:30 AM. You just never know o_O
So glad you got your Trader Sam's reservation! Did you get WOC?

I booked dinner for our party of 9 today, I had to split it between a party of 4 and a party of 5 so hopefully they are still working with large parties to sit together like the last time we had to do it this way.

Randomly the only place I could get a party of 9 in at 6:30 was Ogas. That seemed surprising to me. This was at 6:01 this morning and I was booking for 12/1.
Someone else may have pointed this out down the thread (I am behind on reading it), but Oga’s doesn’t really have much in the way of food. I would not consider it a dinner place in the slightest. And you have a 45 minute limit as to how long you can stay there (and you may be standing the whole time). Maybe you are talking about dinner in the first paragraph and then Oga’s on a different time/day in the second? Maybe I am just reading this post incorrectly (but I don’t want you to expect dinner and get a plate of munchies only!).

So glad you got your Trader Sam's reservation! Did you get WOC?
Not yet! I could have gotten it, but I really want to go Dec 10 and I have 2 other things that took precedence. However, that's our last night so I'm a little worried it might book up and then I won't get to go at all. I was considering making a just-in-case reservation tomorrow and then cancelling it if I can get it the next day, but I hate to block out someone else. It seems like the reservations aren't immediately gone, but I really don't know.

Not yet! I could have gotten it, but I really want to go Dec 10 and I have 2 other things that took precedence. However, that's our last night so I'm a little worried it might book up and then I won't get to go at all. I was considering making a just-in-case reservation tomorrow and then cancelling it if I can get it the next day, but I hate to block out someone else. It seems like the reservations aren't immediately gone, but I really don't know.
I bet you'll get it. I think it's fine doing a just-in-case, because it takes a couple of days for the dessert party to sell out anyway. Plus, just think how happy someone will be if you cancel and they snag an unexpected reservation :)

I bet you'll get it. I think it's fine doing a just-in-case, because it takes a couple of days for the dessert party to sell out anyway. Plus, just think how happy someone will be if you cancel and they snag an unexpected reservation :)
Thanks, Pluto! I guess I'll see how I feel when I wake up at midnight :laughing:

Someone else may have pointed this out down the thread (I am behind on reading it), but Oga’s doesn’t really have much in the way of food. I would not consider it a dinner place in the slightest. And you have a 45 minute limit as to how long you can stay there (and you may be standing the whole time). Maybe you are talking about dinner in the first paragraph and then Oga’s on a different time/day in the second? Maybe I am just reading this post incorrectly (but I don’t want you to expect dinner and get a plate of munchies only!).

Oh no, I don't have any interest in Ogas. I just hear people can't get it so it surprised me that Naples was so hard to get but Ogas wasn't that morning.

Well, I guess I wasn't too worried about reservations this morning because I looked at the clock at 6:05 am and decided to get up "in a little while" ha ha. Of course, that lasted about 10 seconds. I didn't really NEED anything this morning but I'm primed to hunt when I'm 60 days out. I was pleasantly surprised to see LLL brunch available, which I've never done (generally not a huge fan of LLL) so I booked that and WOC dessert for 8 pm. There's one more full day to go but I don't plan to make any reservations for it unless I decide to switch WOC.

Pluto, how do you make requests for WOC seating (high vs low table)? I forgot all about that in the heat of the moment. Also, can you add dietary restrictions after the fact? My sister has some but I can't ask her what they are until she gets back from a trip she's on.

Last edited:

Pluto, how do you make requests for WOC seating (high vs low table)? I forgot all about that in the heat of the moment. Also, can you add dietary restrictions after the fact? My sister has some but I can't ask her what they are until she gets back from a trip she's on.

Not Pluto, but you can't request the high/low table until you check in at the parks on the day of. You can add dietary restrictions to any reservation by emailing Special.Diets@Disneyland.com, I believe. (If someone has better info on that, feel free to correct me.) I do think they don't want you to do it until 2 weeks prior to your reservation though.

Well, I guess I wasn't too worried about reservations this morning because I looked at the clock at 6:05 am and decided to get up "in a little while" ha ha. Of course, that lasted about 10 seconds. I didn't really NEED anything this morning but I'm primed to hunt when I'm 60 days out. I was pleasantly surprised to see LLL brunch available, which I've never done (generally not a huge fan of LLL) so I booked that and WOC dessert for 8. There's one more full day to go but I don't plan to make any reservations for it unless I decide to switch WOC.

I'm so glad you got the dessert party! You'll love it.

You make table requests when you check in on the day-of. When you check in they ask you what you want, and they're always great about accommodating requests.

There's a place on the reservation page that says "Special requests" and that's where you mention allergies. You could probably edit your reservation after you talk to your sister. I know there was a thread about dessert party/allergies and someone there might have posted a number of who to call ahead of time if you don't end up changing it online.

🤞🏻 I get lucky and get the reservations we want

I feel like I should do Carthay or Blue Bayou but we are all vegetarian and the menus don’t totally appeal to me like lamplight or a three cheese monte cristo does lol
Same here, and I was worried because when I was doing my dry runs leading up to my dates, things were disappearing immediately! I didn't have any trouble booking what I wanted for my dates, though. I wonder if it's going to be busier the week before we go? Maybe Candlelight or maybe the odds improved once I was within 60 days of my hotel reservation.

I sent in a chat about Goofy's Kitchen not being open for December yet, I figured they wouldn't know but thought I'd try anyway. I got a vague answer about some restaurants being on a different schedule and to keep trying.

One thing that stuck out is they said that large parties can't be booked and I'd have to split the party up and ask to be seated together at the restaurant. I thought that was strange and must be difficult for large families. We don't normally go in large groups so it's not every trip I have to work this hard for reservations.

Last week I had to make a few reservations for December and both days ALL dining reservations were available at 6:00 AM PST. This was on Friday and Saturday morning of last week.

I assume you're staying onsite, so you can book even earlier than 6. I always wake up way too early for reservations and get nervous as the clock gets closer to 6. You're so right it always works out just fine, and it's not like this is your first rodeo :)
I wasn't aware that staying on-site means you have early access to dining reservations. Does that work for people who are staying in DVC villas via rented points, or does it only work for those who book directly with Disney? Is it dependent on your hotel reservation being tied to your Disney account? I struggled to get dining reservations for our last trip in September, they all seemed to go so quickly! Would love to know more about how this works for our trip next year.

I wasn't aware that staying on-site means you have early access to dining reservations. Does that work for people who are staying in DVC villas via rented points, or does it only work for those who book directly with Disney? Is it dependent on your hotel reservation being tied to your Disney account? I struggled to get dining reservations for our last trip in September, they all seemed to go so quickly! Would love to know more about how this works for our trip next year.
I think your reservation does need to be tied to your Disney account. I think people who have stayed at the GCH villas have mentioned it working for them. Maybe someone will confirm. It's really great, because those extra 30-45 minutes make a huge difference.

I think your reservation does need to be tied to your Disney account. I think people who have stayed at the GCH villas have mentioned it working for them. Maybe someone will confirm. It's really great, because those extra 30-45 minutes make a huge difference.

Stayed at the Grand Cal villas last week, was linked to my account, but was not able to reserve dining earlier than 6am PT at the 60 days mark

They don't. Ppl assume they do because sometimes some ppl can access the reservations 3 hrs earlier. But it is more likely that a server has the wrong time or that reservations are simply loaded early than on-site guests getting secret access that Disney has not confirmed ever.

I would think Disney would promote that as a perk if it was true.

I am staying at the DLH in December and my reservation is on my app and I did not have access to anything early???

Yeah, I don't think this is a perk. I've randomly gotten in early for dining but it's rare compared to how often I'm in there with every other schmuck battling the system. I always stay on site. For my Dec trip, I got in early on one restaurant on one day, ha ha. It was Trader Sam's so that would have been cool except I'd already booked it a couple days earlier.

Has anyone else had issues with dining alerts? I just got my text for Goofy's Kitchen being available 5 minutes ago. I booked earlier this week when someone on another thread said they had opened for December. Kind of frustrating that it took that long for the alert to come through.

I did get all reservations I wanted for our week even though we have ten people. I split it 5/5 for each one. ADRs are getting easier in my opinion, I remember our group of 9 in October 2021 was brutal. This time was way better, still not as easy as long ago but easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter