Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
I have never in my life seen a worse website. Ever.

Please tell me any tips or tricks you used. I realize it's reduced capacity for dining but this is beyond.
One screen shows times available, I click a time and then it zaps me into the unknown.
I have yet to be able to book one time for any restaurant. The only thing that consistently shows up is the Legacy Passholder thing in CA. Seems there's plenty of availability for that.

Thanks!

I have never in my life seen a worse website. Ever.

Please tell me any tips or tricks you used. I realize it's reduced capacity for dining but this is beyond.
One screen shows times available, I click a time and then it zaps me into the unknown.
I have yet to be able to book one time for any restaurant. The only thing that consistently shows up is the Legacy Passholder thing in CA. Seems there's plenty of availability for that.

Thanks!
With the announcement yesterday their traffic load is through the roof. We just booked our trip yesterday and the whole site crashed as I was trying to make park reservations. Then when it came back my account had someone elses hotel reservation on it!

it doesn't look like Dining is open yet for July dates. I booked hotel and tickets yesterday and nothing available. But if you look shorter term (this weekend or early June) plenty of times. I'm betting they are opening up times only 30 days in advance. I plan to keep checking everyday.

We have our July 9-12 dining secured (Al Fresco Tasting Terrace, Blue Bayou, Napa Rose). Carthay was not showing after July 4th as I think they are reconsidering indoor vs outdoor. Tortilla Joes is available up to July 10th (we would like the 12th). So try clearing cookies and searching for specific times over and over again...it’s tedious but it worked for us. Persisistance may land BB, NR or Lamp light, but with the demand high and restaurant capacity low it’s going to be tough for the foreseeable future.

I have dining reservations for every day of our visit except arrival day 7/3 (don't know what time we're arriving and may not get there in time for dinner) and 7/8, which I'm reserving, I hope, for Carthay. I've got lunch at Cafe Orleans on 7/4 (may change if other options become available), Napa Rose on 7/5, StoryTellers on 7/6, and LL for lunch on 7/7.

It looks like Craftsman's Bar & Grill at the GCH just released times for July. I was able to snag one for July 10th. We have a trick at this location as we are GF and they have a burger, but not the fries (at least in early 2020) so I go to Smoke Jumpers and get fries, lots of fries, and bring them to lunch at craftsman's. They are the waffle fries and in my opinion the best on property, so a win, win.

Definitely keep trying. I've been checking several times a day for something for Cafe Orleans for my trip. 3 times on the day they announced out of state, I found reservations, but each time the app/website crashed due to the traffic. I was finally successful today- someone must have just canceled. You might also have more luck closer to the date as people change plans the day or two before/day of.

Not in-park, but I just booked for a Friday night at the Craftsman Grill (will be a new one for us) since our park days are Saturday and Sunday. This was for July 9th and there were a few things available in DTD but I don't believe I saw anything in-park.

Now I wonder if I should look for in-park for the park days since we are reading so many terrible things about mobile order. We are normally just QS people...

Not in-park, but I just booked for a Friday night at the Craftsman Grill (will be a new one for us) since our park days are Saturday and Sunday. This was for July 9th and there were a few things available in DTD but I don't believe I saw anything in-park.

Now I wonder if I should look for in-park for the park days since we are reading so many terrible things about mobile order. We are normally just QS people...
Looks like in-park goes fast. People want to stay in the parks. No one wants DTD, which is kind of odd to me because it's literally right outside the park. It's not like you need to go to a whole different area via a bus like Disney Springs at WDW.

Just booked a trip in July when the OOS announcement was made and unable to get any in park dining. Is Oga’s open yet?

Looks like in-park goes fast. People want to stay in the parks. No one wants DTD, which is kind of odd to me because it's literally right outside the park. It's not like you need to go to a whole different area via a bus like Disney Springs at WDW.
I know its so close, but to me IN the park is SO different than DtD. I've been to nearly all the restaurants in the parks on multiple trips but haven't eaten at even half the places in DtD. Leaving the park to eat just feels different to me, even if we're staying at GCH or DLH. Totally psychological but I get it.

So I'm look at dining for the end of July and restaurant availability is so limited. It seems like the only dining options they offer me are Napa Rose, Storytellers, Craftsman, Blue Bayou, the tasting terrace, and Cafe Orleans. Not Downtown Disney options? This seems so strange, I'm hoping more will be added later. Are others seeing this for the end of July too?

Those are great options! I’m seeing nothing except the legacy Passholder Al Fresco for mid July.

Apparently if you leave DL on a hopper and it hits capacity, you can’t get back in. So some people are worried about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter