Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Morning success. We were able to secure a 9:15pm at Trader Sam's for Sunday, December 3rd, party of 4. I was on exactly at 6am and by 6:01a all of the times were gone. We'd hoped for an 8:30p, but feel fortunate to have gotten in at all. I clicked the closest thing to 8:30 and kept moving. We have the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose the night before (see other thread on CCNR), so overall our plan and persistence has worked even during a very busy time at the DLR. The other reservations we have were far easier to get in comparison. (MKT evening, WCT lunch, Carnation breakfast).

I checked back in last evening and they had added a ton of Cafe Orleans for the night we needed (December 3rd). I was able to get two tables for our group at 5:40, I had my pick of pretty much everything after 5. How strange that they didn't release those in the morning yesterday.

I'm crazy stressed about Goofy's Kitchen. I needed that one for this morning and it still hasn't dropped any dates for December. I need two tables for 5 right during the dinner rush. It's so important for the family we are going with.

How do travel agents do it? I would be a mess trying to get my people their reservations with how willy nilly Disneyland is about dropping them.

I checked back in last evening and they had added a ton of Cafe Orleans for the night we needed (December 3rd). I was able to get two tables for our group at 5:40, I had my pick of pretty much everything after 5. How strange that they didn't release those in the morning yesterday.

I'm crazy stressed about Goofy's Kitchen. I needed that one for this morning and it still hasn't dropped any dates for December. I need two tables for 5 right during the dinner rush. It's so important for the family we are going with.

How do travel agents do it? I would be a mess trying to get my people their reservations with how willy nilly Disneyland is about dropping them.
Goofy's reservations have been dropping at odd times lately, like not always at the 60 day mark for some reason. Just check once or twice a day and I'm sure you'll get it. You could also set up a dining alert for your days and as soon as they're available you'll know.

Are the Trader Sam’s reservations for the bar stools too? We’ve never had a problem in years past to get in at opening time if we were there around 10 mins before. Hate that it’s all bookable now.

Are the Trader Sam’s reservations for the bar stools too? We’ve never had a problem in years past to get in at opening time if we were there around 10 mins before. Hate that it’s all bookable now.
They were for our 11:30am reservation. Was asked if bar was ok. (Tables were open). Said “sure!” I like the bar especially as we got in center area. Can see all including the ship wreck! Bartenders are fun!

Goofy's reservations have been dropping at odd times lately, like not always at the 60 day mark for some reason. Just check once or twice a day and I'm sure you'll get it. You could also set up a dining alert for your days and as soon as they're available you'll know.
I set up the dining alert. Thankfully that's the last one I need.

On the bright side, at least I didn't have to get up at 3 am, 6 days in a row, like when we went to WDW. That was brutal.

Well, thankfully after two failed dry-runs, it's been easy going for the last two days when it counted. Must be that the dry runs were for the first weekend in December when the locals will be heavier. At the stroke of 6 AM PDT I got BB on day 1, and just added LLL and TS for day 2 this morning. I'm glad to get the heavy lifting out of the way early.

Well, thankfully after two failed dry-runs, it's been easy going for the last two days when it counted. Must be that the dry runs were for the first weekend in December when the locals will be heavier. At the stroke of 6 AM PDT I got BB on day 1, and just added LLL and TS for day 2 this morning. I'm glad to get the heavy lifting out of the way early.
I hope I have your luck. I get to start in 2 days. I sure miss the old days when this wasn't necessary!

I hope I have your luck. I get to start in 2 days. I sure miss the old days when this wasn't necessary!
Hopefully it will be the same for you too. I noticed that BB hung around for something like 5 to 10 minutes yesterday before it went *poof* from the available list.

Hopefully it will be the same for you too. I noticed that BB hung around for something like 5 to 10 minutes yesterday before it went *poof* from the available list.
Thanks! I noticed that this morning. I didn't open the app until 6:30 and it was still available. Fingers crossed!!

Anything special you're trying to get?
Mainly Blue Bayou lunch, WOC dessert party and Trader Sam's. Possibly Carthay Circle as well since we love it, but that one isn't a must since we'll be having a special dinner on the trip. I know we could always do a walk-up at TS's if I don't get a reservation but it would be nice to be inside.

I just have a very bad habit of getting stressed out over dining reservations, ha ha, even though it always works out fine!

Mainly Blue Bayou lunch, WOC dessert party and Trader Sam's. Possibly Carthay Circle as well since we love it, but that one isn't a must since we'll be having a special dinner on the trip. I know we could always do a walk-up at TS's if I don't get a reservation but it would be nice to be inside.

I just have a very bad habit of getting stressed out over dining reservations, ha ha, even though it always works out fine!
Those all sound great! When I booked last month my order of difficult-to-reserve was:

Trader Sam's. This was a funny one, because dinner would show up at 6:05, but then lunch at 6:20. Maybe it's back to dropping all times right at 6 now.

Blue Bayou

WOC dessert party

I didn't try for Carthay Circle.

I assume you're staying onsite, so you can book even earlier than 6. I always wake up way too early for reservations and get nervous as the clock gets closer to 6. You're so right it always works out just fine, and it's not like this is your first rodeo :)

Those all sound great! When I booked last month my order of difficult-to-reserve was:

Trader Sam's. This was a funny one, because dinner would show up at 6:05, but then lunch at 6:20. Maybe it's back to dropping all times right at 6 now.

Blue Bayou

WOC dessert party

I assume you're staying onsite, so you can book even earlier than 6. I always wake up way too early for reservations and get nervous as the clock gets closer to 6. You're so right it always works out just fine, and it's not like this is your first rodeo :)
Exactly me!! I'm already waking up and checking and it's not even time for me to book yet, ha ha. Yes, we'll be onsite, which hopefully will help with TS. When I've been checking the last few days, I've not seen TS's once. Not sure why but maybe they dropped earlier than 6.

Mainly Blue Bayou lunch, WOC dessert party and Trader Sam's.
Just FYI—when I reserved WOC dessert party for thanksgiving week, I happened to wake up around 3 am (husband snoring lol) and reservations were already available. I’m not staying onsite so that wasn’t the reason. I don’t know if it was a fluke or that one tends to release early.

Just FYI—when I reserved WOC dessert party for thanksgiving week, I happened to wake up around 3 am (husband snoring lol) and reservations were already available. I’m not staying onsite so that wasn’t the reason. I don’t know if it was a fluke or that one tends to release early.
Thank you! It hasn't seemed too hard to get in early Dec, but you never know, and we've never done it before so it's high on our list.

I have never in my life seen a worse website. Ever.

Please tell me any tips or tricks you used. I realize it's reduced capacity for dining but this is beyond.
One screen shows times available, I click a time and then it zaps me into the unknown.
I have yet to be able to book one time for any restaurant. The only thing that consistently shows up is the Legacy Passholder thing in CA. Seems there's plenty of availability for that.

Thanks!
Only thing I could suggest is the tried and true cache and cookies, clearing them out. I'm not having issues on Chrome or Edge. The app however, is a poc....It blanks out when i try to make reservations; I have to go to the actual website.

Blue Bayou

WOC dessert party

What time can you book when staying onsite? I’m stressing over our Christmas week reservations!

What time can you book when staying onsite? I’m stressing over our Christmas week reservations!
They seem to keep that secret. It might be just after midnight. It might be 6 am. Today I saw WOC dessert party available a day early. There was nothing at midnight for Trader Sam's but I was able to book it at 2:30 AM. You just never know o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter