Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

So the 2 movies I’ve been meaning to review are Come Fly with Me and Notes of Autumn.

Come Fly with Me ✈️ was a lot of fun and it was so nice to see the heroine have a job that requires a STEM background. I did laugh at the age of the dad as 33, because that was a decade ago for Niall Matter. But that said it was a unique plot and I’m happy they made the movie. 🎉

Notes of Autumn 🍂 had Ashley Williams and Luke MacFarlane. I love them both, although sometimes Ashley can be a bit too chipper. Anyway, we got 2 romances for the price of one! I thought it was delightful and it was nice to see Marcus Rosner as a leading man instead of the overly-concerned with work businessman who the heroine has to get away from ☺️

All in all I was really pleased at the quality of these movies. It sometimes feels like they’re just filling the weeks until they start the Christmas 🎄 movies, but these were solid.

Reminder for Saturday:

Julie Gonzalo and Chris McNally are an actual couple in real life. Although they've always kept very quiet about their relationship. They even quietly have a baby together. :ssst: The pair met in 2017 while filming Hallmark's The Sweetest Heart.

In 2018, while they never publicly acknowledged their relationship together by names, (just stating they have a boyfriend/girlfriend,) their dogs that they adopted together, Charlie and Bowie, were seen in each other's Instagram pics. :dogdance::dog:

In 2022, Julie announced the birth of their baby girl, "baby M," to the world on Instagram.

They have teamed up to do a second Hallmark movie together.

Julie-Gonzalo-and-Chris-McNally-Timeline-Oct-23-2.jpg

3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Ghost is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Nice to see Hallmark not shying away from Halloween
👻
themed stuff.

Re-airs: Sun 10/8 at 7pm ET
Thurs 10/12 at 8pm ET
Sat 10/14 at 4pm ET

Starring: Julie Gonzalo, Chris McNally and Madeleine Arthur.

Description: A 1920's ghost refuses to leave estate agent Anna's newly listed home. Worse, the spirit is convinced she cannot "pass over" until she gets Anna back together with her ex.

Last edited:
Reminder for Sunday:

Down to the last two episodes.

When Calls the Heart,
episode 11 premieres
on the Hallmark Channel at 9pm ET.

Does not repeat.

Also re-airing:

This is the latest installment of the Hannah Swensen mysteries.

Hannah Swensen Mysteries: A Zest for Death is on at 9pm ET on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

Weds 10/11 at 7pm ET
Sat 10/14 at 9pm ET
Tues 10/17 at 5pm ET

Starring: Alison Sweeney, Cameron Mathison and Barbara Niven.
Description: They say the real estate business is deadly, but no one is more surprised than Hannah Swensen when her mother, Delores, discovers the dead body of the homeowner – and regular customer of The Cookie Jar – while house-hunting for her sister Michelle. Hannah is determined to get to the bottom of the mystery and is convinced that the prime suspect Mike and the Sheriff are focusing on isn’t the culprit.

Hannah’s sleuthing becomes a family affair when Delores, Michelle and even her sister Andrea – who pays an unexpected visit – take part in the investigation. As Hannah uncovers clues she slowly rules out suspects and is led to the shocking truth about the killer’s identity.

Reminder for Saturday:

Julie Gonzalo and Chris McNally are an actual couple in real life. Although they've always kept very quiet about their relationship. They even quietly have a baby together. :ssst: The pair met in 2017 while filming Hallmark's The Sweetest Heart.

In 2018, while they never publicly acknowledged their relationship together by names, (just stating they have a boyfriend/girlfriend,) their dogs that they adopted together, Charlie and Bowie, were seen in each other's Instagram pics. :dogdance::dog:

In 2022, Julie announced the birth of their baby girl, "baby M," to the world on Instagram.

They have teamed up to do a second Hallmark movie together.

Julie-Gonzalo-and-Chris-McNally-Timeline-Oct-23-2.jpg

3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Ghost is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Nice to see Hallmark not shying away from Halloween
👻
themed stuff.

Thurs 10/12 at 8pm ET
Sat 10/14 at 4pm ET

Starring: Julie Gonzalo, Chris McNally and Madeleine Arthur.

Description: A 1920's ghost refuses to leave estate agent Anna's newly listed home. Worse, the spirit is convinced she cannot "pass over" until she gets Anna back together with her ex.

I watched this one this morning. I enjoyed it. It was fun and very lightly spooky, with no scary ghosts in sight. They have great chemistry onscreen, which we know real-life couples do not always produce (looking at you, Kevin McGarry). Nice plot and well-acted, another autumn winner! 🍁

They have great chemistry onscreen, which we know real-life couples do not always produce (looking at you, Kevin McGarry).

::yes:: Seriously, for a while, I wondered if they weren't being "a couple" as a publicity stunt to get more work with Hallmark, as they don't have much chemistry together onscreen. :crazy2:

Last edited:
I watched this one this morning. I enjoyed it. It was fun and very lightly spooky, with no scary ghosts in sight. They have great chemistry onscreen, which we know real-life couples do not always produce (looking at you, Kevin McGarry). Nice plot and well-acted, another autumn winner! 🍁

I liked this one too. Very light. Yes, they have great on camera chemistry. Chris McNally beams every time he looks at Julie Gonzalo. 🥰

Whoops! Super late Reminder for tonight Friday, yet repeats on Sunday:

(I sort of remembered HM&M is premiering movies on Fridays now. :tilt:)

We are down to the LAST two weekends of "regular" movies for the year, before the Christmas movies start. 🎄

This is the latest installment of the Hannah Swensen mysteries.

Hannah Swensen Mysteries: A Zest for Death is on at 9pm ET on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

Weds 10/11 at 7pm ET
Sat 10/14 at 9pm ET
Tues 10/17 at 5pm ET

Starring: Alison Sweeney, Cameron Mathison and Barbara Niven.
Description: They say the real estate business is deadly, but no one is more surprised than Hannah Swensen when her mother, Delores, discovers the dead body of the homeowner – and regular customer of The Cookie Jar – while house-hunting for her sister Michelle. Hannah is determined to get to the bottom of the mystery and is convinced that the prime suspect Mike and the Sheriff are focusing on isn’t the culprit.

Hannah’s sleuthing becomes a family affair when Delores, Michelle and even her sister Andrea – who pays an unexpected visit – take part in the investigation. As Hannah uncovers clues she slowly rules out suspects and is led to the shocking truth about the killer’s identity.

I watched Hannah Swenson Mysteries: A Zest for Death and enjoyed it. I appreciate the way these movies diverge from the books, which just keep Hannah vacillating between Mike and Norman and have become cookbooks rather than mysteries at this point. The books have the ladies spending all their time making meals, and very little time on the plot or mystery. I have given up on them.

But I do continue to enjoy these movies! All aspects are well done, and the leads have enough chemistry to be compelling. I read that Alison Sweeney’s 18-yr old son had an internship on the set and learned about different departments, getting an understanding of what goes into a production. What a great way to teach him about mom’s work!

This was a good addition and I hope more will be forthcoming!

Great American Family/GAC has added some dates to their movies on their website and looks like the first one premieres in 2 days! This means they are starting before Hallmark?! As always dates and times can change.

October 14th
Destined 2: Christmas Once More
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

Destined 2: Christmas Once More Premiering Great American Christmas 2023 In this sequel, Theo (Elliott) continues to miss connecting with his girlfriend, Kim (Robins) as he attempts to propose at Christmas.

Starring Shae Robins & Casey Elliott

(I saw Destined at Christmas last year and enjoyed it well enough to watch this sequel)

October 29th
Journey to Christmas
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

While on a charity press tour, a model (Tsai) ends up stranded by the weather at the family home of the driver (Heyworth) she hired to assist her for the week.

Starring Ash Tsai and Joey Heyworth

November 12th
A Christmas Blessing (looks like maybe a title switch??)
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

In Blessings of Christmas, renowned TV star Mandy Gilmore (Loughlin) says goodbye to her hit culinary series, A World of Food, with plans to travel the globe dining in all 142 Michelin star restaurants. Before jetting to Paris, Mandy stops in Milwaukee with the deed to her deceased aunt’s food pantry, Angel’s Fare, recently purchased by adjacent business owner, Adam Carraway (Tupper). A simple transaction. Until pantry volunteer, Otto Nessen (Hutch) reminds all that Aunt Susie’s love of cooking was truly love of feeding and inspires one more holiday feast for those who need it most. Haul out the holly! For we need a little Christmas now.

Starring Lori Loughlin, James Tupper and Jesse Hutch

December 3rd
The Jinglebell Jubilee
No time listed yet

A city manager (Williams) recruits the help of a childhood friend (Agostino) in setting right his town’s Christmas Charity event, while she sets to work setting him up with her close friend.

Starring Erin Agostino and Marshall Williams

December 9th
Meet Me Under the Mistletoe
No time listed yet

Two rival realtors (Sarah Fisher and Simon Arblaster) are forced to work together to sell one special house, owned by a renowned botanist and mistletoe grower, before Christmas.

Starring Sarah Fisher and Simon Arblaster

December 16th
Designing Christmas with You
No time listed yet

With her career on the line, a decorator (Abromeit) must work with an unexpected partner (McIntyre) to showcase a house for an upcoming Christmas gala.

Starring Susie Abromeit and Liam McIntyre

December 23rd
A Royal Christmas Holiday
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

In search of her big break, a reporter (Underwood) arranges a Christmas interview with a European Prince (Stoddard) visiting the states. Will the reporter’s big story become her love story?

Starring Brittany Underwood and Jonathan Stoddard

The rest of the 2023 movies do not have a release date listed.

In addition A Belgian Chocolate Christmas which was supposed to air last year but was pulled is airing at least for me with U-Verse at 3am Central on Sunday 10/15. This isn't listed on this year's Christmas list but does have the released date of 2023 (even though it came out last year).

Eeps! According to this article, Hallmark is still filming Christmas movies, even though they already published their Christmas calendar. Some of films will barely finish filming and post-production in time for their premieres. o_O

"Daniel Lewis, CEO of the independent production company Evergreen Films, which has produced multiple movies for Hallmark including last year’s “My Southern Family Christmas” with Jaicy Elliot, recently told Marketplace that Hallmark movies typically take around five months in total to produce, with planning and pre-production lasting “roughly four weeks,” followed by a three-week shoot. According to the outlet, he said post-production can last anywhere between six and 12 weeks, but can be sped up for last-minute Christmas movies."

"Hallmark is able to continue filming now thanks to exceptions granted by SAG-AFTRA or because Canadian actors and productions are part of a separate union." Hallmark is NOT one of the major studios that SAG is striking against, so SAG is granting some exemptions to smaller studios to keep filming. They do not want to put smaller studios and productions out of business as the strike drags on.

With the crazy weather that has been happening, I hope there are no blizzards that will keep them from filming and staying on schedule.

Reminder for Friday or Sunday:

This is the last new HM&M non-Christmas mystery of the year.

Curious Caterer Mysteries: Fatal Vows is on at 9pm ET on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

Re-airs: Sun 10/15 at 7pm ET
Mon 10/16 at 9pm ET
Wed 10/18 at 7pm ET

Starring: Nikki DeLoach and Andrew Walker.
Description: When Goldy agreed to cater Tom's ex Jessamyn's elaborate wedding, she didn't expect a dead groom and missing bridezilla would bring her together with Tom again, to catch a killer and find Jess.

More dates announced for Great American Family/GAC! Looks like their full schedule is released although some dates don't show up on their website under the movie's page. As we all know dates can change around.

October 21st
'Twas the Text Before Christmas
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

In ‘Twas the Text Before Christmas, Addie (Patterson), a New York City chiropractor mistakenly receives a text from “Nana.” The accidental text turns into a loving friendship between the matronly Nana and Addie who now communicate regularly. Nana invites Addie to spend the holiday in Vermont. It is picture-postcard perfect and exactly as Nana described except for one surprise. Nana’s single son, James (Donovan), a traveling doctor is also home for the holidays. Over three consecutive years, James and Addie are together during the holidays, though it isn’t until they are both single that they begin to see each other in a different light.

Starring Merritt Patterson and Trevor Donovan

October 28th
Bringing Christmas Home
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

In Bringing Christmas Home, retired military officer, now Military History professor, Caroline Upton (Wagner) is enlisted to assist antiques store owner, Russell Carlisle (Greene) in finding the family of WWII Army officer Orin Newton before Christmas with the hope of returning precious personal artifacts – Orin’s dress uniform, medals, and a stack of love letters from his beloved Alice who waits for him back home. Epaulettes and insignia provide initial clues, though the search seems to dead end when Caroline discovers Orin was captured and listed as MIA. Caroline and Russell then search the love letters for clues as to what happened to Orin and whether he ever made it home to Alice.

Starring Jill Wagner and Paul Greene

November 4th
A Dash of Christmas
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

To apply for her dream job at a foodie startup, an executive (Laura Osnes) must learn to bake. When she recruits a handsome baker to help her (Christopher Russell), she inadvertently ends up entered in a Christmas Bakeoff.

Starring Laura Osnes and Christopher Russell

November 5th
Our Christmas Wedding
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

In the sequel, roles reverse as Nicole’s boss plans newly engaged Nicole (Deveaux) and Michael’s (Seeley) wedding in two weeks at Christmas.

Starring Holly Deveaux and Drew Seeley

(Sequel to 2021's My Boss' Wedding although I think it aired on Great American Family in 2022, it's available to watch on the Roku Channel, I have it recorded but have not watched it yet).

November 11th
Christmas Keepsake
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

A father (Lissing) bonds with his daughter and stumbles upon an unexpected romance (Murray) while tracking down the original owner of a Christmas time capsule.

Starring Jillian Murray and Daniel Lissing

November 18th
Santa, Maybe
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

Can theater director Lila (Reynolds) rise to the challenge of putting on the perfect Christmas ballet, while also discovering her office Secret Santa in the process?

Starring Aubrey Reynolds and Samuel Whitten

November 19th
A Paris Christmas Waltz
In Paris Christmas Waltz, Emma relinquishes her job so a colleague with a family will keep his. Contemplating life’s next steps, Emma meets a professional dancer, Leo whose love for competitive dancing is waning, until a once in a lifetime opportunity arises for the novice to join the pro and sweep all of Paris off its feet.

Starring Jen Lilley and Matthew Morrison

November 24th
My Christmas Hero
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

In My Christmas Hero, US Army reservist and orthopedic physician, Nicole Ramsey (Bure) is dedicated to serving military service members and their families at the Joint Military Base in Lacey, Washington, home of I Corps and the 62nd Airlift Wing. This Christmas, with the help of many dedicated heroes, Dr. Ramsey is on a mission to honor a special fallen soldier and bring much needed healing to her own family.

Starring Candace Cameron Bure and Gabriel Hogan

November 25th
A Royal Date for Christmas
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

In A Royal Date for Christmas, Bella Sparks (McKellar), owner of Bella Sparks Couture, takes on a demanding new client “Stefan” (Runyan) to outfit for a week of high stakes meetings and events after his luggage goes missing. Stefan asks Bella to be his “official plus one” for many of the formal soirees, a request Bella accepts with good humor. Imagine Bella’s reaction when she accidentally discovers “Stefan” is Stefan William Francis Brown, the Duke of Tangford.

Starring Danica McKellar & Damon Runyon

November 26th
A Christmas for the Ages
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

Prompted by their youngest granddaughter (Bure), four generations celebrate family and what Christmas was like in the 40s, 60s, 90s, and present day.

Starring Natasha Bure, Anna Ferguson, Kate Craven, and Cheryl Ladd

December 2nd
Christmas on Windmill Way
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

In Christmas on Windmill Way, Mia Miejer (Taylor Brown) excitedly anticipates the Christmas Market Fest Dutch Bake-Off competition and is filled with confidence her Mimi, Ann, will win the festival’s top prize with her award-winning Kerststol when she learns Mimi has difficult news to share. Ann had to sell land around the family-owned Jansen Inn, including easements all around the heritage Tall Wooden and Brick Dutch Windmill renowned for centuries for its fine millwork and beautiful wooden furniture. It’s an especially tough pill for Mia to swallow when she learns the land developer’s representative is her former boyfriend, Brady Schaltz (Michael Murray), who also must let Mia and Ann know the agreement includes the Inn and sawmill, all of which will be torn down.

Starring Chad Michael Murray and Christa Taylor Brown

December 10th
Peppermint and Postcards
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

When a Christmas letter concerning her love life goes viral, one mom discovers that romance might be right at her door.

Starring Ella Cannon and Christopher Russell

December 17th
12 Games of Christmas
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

In 12 Games of Christmas, a group of old friends and neighbors are transported into a Christmas-themed board game during a Christmas party.

Starring Johnny Ramey and Felisha Cooper

Great American Family/GAC Full Schedule without movie descriptions---21 in total although 20 listed on their official list.

October 14th
Destined 2: Christmas Once More (Sequel to 2022's Destined at Christmas)
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

October 15th
A Belgian Chocolate Christmas
3am Central

October 21st
'Twas the Text Before Christmas
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

October 28th
Bringing Christmas Home
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

October 29th
Journey to Christmas
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

November 4th
A Dash of Christmas
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

November 5th
Our Christmas Wedding (Sequel to 2022's My Boss' Wedding)
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

November 11th
Christmas Keepsake
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

November 12th
A Christmas Blessing
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

November 18th
Santa, Maybe
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

November 19th
A Paris Christmas Waltz
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

November 24th
My Christmas Hero
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

November 25th
A Royal Date for Christmas
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

November 26th
A Christmas for the Ages
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

December 2nd
Christmas on Windmill Way
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

December 3rd
The Jinglebell Jubilee
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

December 9th
Meet Me Under the Mistletoe
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

December 10th
Peppermint and Postcards
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

December 16th
Designing Christmas with You
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

December 17th
12 Games of Christmas
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

December 23rd
A Royal Christmas Holiday
7pm Central/8pm Eastern

Reminder for Saturday:

LAST non-Christmas Hallmark movie of the year.

Field Day
is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Re-airs: Sun 10/15 at 7pm ET
Mon 10/16 at 8pm ET
Thurs 10/19 at 6pm ET

Starring: Rachel Boston, Benjamin Ayres, Shannon Chan-Kent and Carmel Amit.

Description: Three moms from different social circles are forced to work together to plan their kids' elementary school "field day".

Also a Reminder for today, Saturday:

Great American Family (GAF) is starting to premiere their new Christmas movies this weekend! :santa: 🎄 🎁 🤗 🦌

Destined at Christmas
(which premiered last year) is on at 6pm ET / 5pm CT on Great American Family (GAF)
(See links below to stream this for free.)

Re-airs: Tues 10/17 at 4pm ET
Fri 10/20 at 8pm ET
Sat 10/21 at 2pm ET

Starring: Shae Robins & ‎Casey Elliott.
Description: Kim and Theo meet in the midst of Black Friday shopping madness but there's a definite spark between them. When a power outage causes some panic at a store, the couple gets separated. With Christmas coming, there should be plenty of distractions but neither Kim nor Theo can forget the other. Both yearn to find each other but how with so little information to go on?

Website-Carousel-1400x680-22.jpg

Destined at Christmas can also be streamed FREE on:

Freevee (Amazon's free channel with ads, no Prime membership needed):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/det...57e-8643-bd87458b2cfc?ref=imdb_web&autoplay=1

Plex:
https://watch.plex.tv/movie/destined-at-christmas-2

The Roku Channel: https://therokuchannel.roku.com/details/bc5f29c5a3b658b4b4c9acf02cc64c5e

Tubi:
https://tubitv.com/movies/697327/destined-at-christmas

Right after, at 8pm ET/ 7pm CT

Destined 2: Christmas Once More
(Sequel to 2022's Destined at Christmas) premieres on Great American Family (GAF)

Re-airs:
Sun 10/15 at 10am ET
Tues 10/17 at 8pm ET
Sat 10/21 at 6pm ET

Starring: Shae Robins & ‎Casey Elliott.
Description:
In this sequel, Theo (Elliott) continues to miss connecting with his girlfriend, Kim (Robins) as he attempts to propose at Christmas.

6.jpg

7.jpg

Thank you to @Mackenzie Click-Mickelson for posting the info on Great American Family!
:flower3:

Last edited:
Reminder for Sunday: (very early 3am CT / 4am ET)
On Great American Family:

In addition A Belgian Chocolate Christmas which was supposed to air last year but was pulled is airing at least for me with U-Verse at 3am Central on Sunday 10/15. This isn't listed on this year's Christmas list but does have the released date of 2023 (even though it came out last year).

Yes, Spectrum Cable lists it too, at 3am CT / 4am ET on Great American Family.

It Re-airs: Tues 10/17 at 6am ET / 5am CT
Fri 10/20 at 2pm ET - 1pm CT

Starring: Jaclyn Hales & Zane Stephens.
Description: A photographer takes her best friend’s place at a Belgian culinary school during the holidays and connects with the chocolatier leading the class. As romance begins to bloom, the only problem is a case of mistaken identity.

Newsroom-Images-1280x720-2.jpg

Any of you Hallmark fans also watch When Calls the Heart? I'm so saddened with the storyline shift for Elizabeth. I don't want to spoil for anyone who may not have watched recent episodes. I didn't think I'd recover from the loss of Daniel Lissing when he wanted to leave the show and now another change.....phooey.

Any of you Hallmark fans also watch When Calls the Heart? I'm so saddened with the storyline shift for Elizabeth. I don't want to spoil for anyone who may not have watched recent episodes. I didn't think I'd recover from the loss of Daniel Lissing when he wanted to leave the show and now another change.....phooey.
I do watch it although I opted to stop recording this season and just watch it on Hallmark Movies Now at a later date so I haven't seen any episodes for this season yet. I did see an article for a spoiler for what I'm assuming you're talking about with the storyline shift and if it's what I saw I agree with you. I too miss Daniel Lissing and feel the show hasn't quite gotten that same spark it had when he was there and was the love interest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter