Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

OK, everybody, time to put on your thinking caps.

I recently watched a Christmas movie and I can't recall the name of it.

Story: Man needs to find a Christmas present for his girlfriend (he has no clue as to her likes/dislikes) and uses a (male) friend who happens to be a personal shopper. (No, it's not Jolly Good Christmas with Wil Kemp). Personal shopper meets girlfriend and learns her likes/dislikes. And, of course, during the process falls for girlfriend.

Girlfriend's father died when she was young, and he was a jazz/blues singer/performer. Personal shopper manages to find the one album his group made and gets it for the girlfriend.

Thanks in advance for any help.

It's called The Perfect Christmas Present. It stars Sam Page and and Tara Holt.

It was just on the other night.

https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmyster...s-present/about-the-perfect-christmas-present

I knew that was the movie but could not for the life of me think of the title nor anything that would help me search for it :laughing:

Def. the right thread to ask the question though as someone was bound to know it!

I couldn't quite remember the title either. I had to look up Sam Page on the IMDb .com in order to find the title.

Wasn't there also a movie with a female personal shopper? I believe she helped someone named Mark? I think I enjoyed that movie. I haven't yet seen this one. Sweet dreams to all and enjoyable movie watching too :)

Wasn't there also a movie with a female personal shopper? I believe she helped someone named Mark? I think I enjoyed that movie. I haven't yet seen this one. Sweet dreams to all and enjoyable movie watching too :)

Yes, you are thinking of the 12 Gifts of Christmas with Katrina Law and Aaron O'Connell.

Joining the Christmas movie premieres is Hallmark Movies & Mysteries starting tonight.

christmas-wreath.jpg
New movies premiering this weekend: 🎄☃️

Thursday:

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries:
Ms. Christmas Comes to Town
at 8pm ET / 7pm CT
Re-airs: Sat 10/28 at 10pm ET
Sun 10/29 at 6pm ET
Sat11/4 at 4pm ET
Starring: Erica Durance, Brennan Elliott and Barbara Niven.
Description: A shopping channel host known as Ms. Christmas (Niven) receives a terminal diagnosis, which inspires a multi-city excursion set to spread Christmas cheer before her farewell broadcast.

Friday:
Hallmark Channel:
Christmas by Design at 8pm ET / 7pm CT
Re-airs: Sat 10/28 at 6pm ET
Sun 11/5 at 2pm ET

Starring: Rebecca Dalton and Jonathan Keltz.
Description: A fashion designer (Dalton) gets accepted into a Christmas challenge to create a new holiday-themed collection and not only finds the inspiration for her next line but decides to redesign her approach to what’s most important in life.

Saturday:
Hallmark Channel:
Mystic Christmas
at 8pm ET / 7pm CT
Re-airs: Sun 10/29 at 6pm ET
Thurs 11/2 at 8pm ET
Starring: Jessy Schram and Chandler Massey.

Description: Juniper travels to Mystic, Connecticut during the holidays to work at the rehabilitation center and aquarium. She reconnects with Sawyer, the owner of the pizza shop.

Great American Family (GAF):
Bringing Christmas Home at 8pm ET / 7pm CT
Re-airs: Sun 10/29 at 6pm ET
Mon 10/30 at 2pm ET
Tues 10/31 at 8pm ET
Thurs 11/2 at 2am ET
Sat 11/4 at 6pm
Starring: Jill Wagner and Paul Greene.
Description: Military History professor, Caroline Upton (Wagner) is enlisted to assist antiques store owner, Russell Carlisle (Greene) in finding the family of WWII Army officer Orin Newton before Christmas with the hope of returning precious personal artifacts – Orin’s dress uniform, medals, and a stack of love letters from his beloved Alice who waits for him back home. Epaulettes and insignia provide initial clues, though the search seems to dead end when Caroline discovers Orin was captured and listed as MIA. Caroline and Russell then search the love letters for clues as to what happened to Orin and whether he ever made it home to Alice.

Sunday:
Hallmark Channel:
Joyeux Noel
at 8pm ET / 7pm CT
Re-airs: Thurs 11/2 at 6pm ET
Tues 11/7 at 10pm ET
Starring: Jaicy Elliot and Brant Daugherty.
Description: When a romantic painting of a Christmas market captures the imagination of copy editor Lea, she is sent to France with pragmatic reporter Mark to uncover the mystery behind the artist.

Last edited:
12 Gifts of Christmas. It was on earlier today.

I watched it again yesterday. I really like that one.

That's one of my favorite Christmas movies. I'm saving it for later in the season.

I did watch one of my other favorite movies with Katrina Law, the other night, Christmas With the Darlings.

Love this thread. It’s so great that you, Imzadi, set this up. All the info in one place for all the networks. I record all the movies and then I go back and read the reviews and start with the ones with the great reviews. Thank you Imzadi and all who do the reviews.

Mystic Christmas

I'll admit that Jessy Schram is growing on me. Overall I thought this was OK. I loved the outdoor scenes, and the ones with the seals, but it seemed like everyone was trying to come up with the most witty comeback to whatever the subject of the conversation was. I'd watch it again, depending on what else was on.

Whoops! I missed the fact that Great American Family (GAF)
has started new Christmas movies on Sunday nights at 8pm ET / 7pm CT now. 🥰

The movie that premiered this past Sunday was:

Journey to Christmas

RE-airs: Wed 11/1 at 8pm ET
Fri 11/3 at 4am ET
Sat 11/4 12pm

Starring: Ash Tsai, Joey Heyworth
Description: "While on a charity press tour, a model (Tsai) ends up stranded by the weather at the family home of the driver (Heyworth) she hired to assist her for the week."

25.jpg

I watched a couple GAF movies this weekend instead of Hallmark.
I'm not really into the various actors that Hallmark is using now, and these are all new to me.

I agree with you @PrincessShmoo. Part of the reason why I wanted to watch the GAF movies this weekend. I'm feeling meh with some of the new Hallmark actresses. The Hallmark casting directors don't seem to understand that the leading lady is supposed to have an extra charismatic quality that makes us want to watch her. It's what the French refer to as a, "Je ne sais quoi," an undefinable appealing quality that someone has.

Most of the previous Hallmark female leads were in major TV shows on the 3 national networks, Candace, Danica, Alicia Witt, Tricia Helfer, Jill Wagner, Jen Lilly, Autumn Reeser, or were in movies, like Lacey in Mean Girls and again Alicia in Mr. Holland's Opus. It wasn't just that they had more experience, someone else noticed these women have leading lady quality. Or in Candace, Danica and Alicia's case, an extra something, young girl quality.

This new Hallmark is so focused on making Hallmark different than before, some of the actors & actresses just are kind of lacking. And hiring someone who's a supporting character on yet another small cable network and turn them into a lead, sometimes just doesn't cut it. They have been supporting actors for a reason. I often internally cringe when I see a Hallmark movie cast with unknowns. Hallmark has hit it out of the park a few times with unusual casting and a great, new script. But, other times they are just low budget time slot fillers. :crazy2: And for us, time slot wasters.

Anyway, back to the GAF movies:

Bringing Christmas Home at 8pm ET / 7pm CT
Re-airs:
Tues 10/31 at 8pm ET
Thurs 11/2 at 2am ET
Sat 11/4 at 6pm
Starring: Jill Wagner and Paul Greene.
Description: Military History professor, Caroline Upton (Wagner) is enlisted to assist antiques store owner, Russell Carlisle (Greene) in finding the family of WWII Army officer Orin Newton before Christmas with the hope of returning precious personal artifacts – Orin’s dress uniform, medals, and a stack of love letters from his beloved Alice who waits for him back home. Epaulettes and insignia provide initial clues, though the search seems to dead end when Caroline discovers Orin was captured and listed as MIA. Caroline and Russell then search the love letters for clues as to what happened to Orin and whether he ever made it home to Alice.

I liked this movie. It was great seeing Jill Wagner and Paul Green again. This movie is a quest, searching for the family of WWII officer.

I liked how Paul was able to say the word, "God," and really mean it. The Great American Family network is NOT afraid to go there and say God has a hand in things happening. 🙏 And that THIS is the only overall message they are trying to get across, especially at Christmas time. ⛪

I liked how this was a "classic Hallmark movie" even though it wasn't on Hallmark. :thumbsup2

Twas the Text Before Christmas

Re-airs: Wes 11/1 at 10pm ET
Fri 11/3 at 10pm ET
Sun 11/5 at 10pm Et
Starring: Merritt Patterson and Trevor Donovan.
Description: Addie mistakenly receives a text from “Nana.” The accidental text turns into a loving friendship between the matronly Nana and Addie who now communicate regularly. Nana invites Addie to spend the holiday in Vermont. It is picture-postcard perfect and exactly as Nana described except for one surprise. Nana’s single son, James is also home for the holidays. Over three consecutive years, James and Addie are together during the holidays, though it isn’t until they are both single that they begin to see each other in a different light.

I really liked this movie. I'm only 4 new Christmas movies into this season, but this may be one of my favorites of this season. (I said that last season and I ended up right about my prediction for myself.)

Merritt and Trevor never acted together before, that I know of, but they were very comfortable with each other. And that fit the theme of the movie too. There was nothing to prove and no need to rush things, as the movie spanned a few Christmases as their friendship grew over time, naturally. There is really something about watching two seasoned Hallmark actors working together, who seemed to be saying, "We got this. :thumbsup2"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter