Gringotts Reviews starting to come in

Does the dragon on top of Gringotts move in any way? What I mean is does his head move? Seems a bit weird if fire just sometimes comes out of a stationary dragons mouth.

No movement. It doesn't look weird from the videos I've seen.

$43 for a Gringott's photo ID?? Ouch!

I think that's photo ID and ride photo together for $43 but still Ouch. For $39.95 in advance for 1 day or $49.95 in advance for 3 day (or a whole year if you have an annual pass) it $10 more at the parks, you can get Universals version of Memory Maker, Universal Photo Connect. The price included 1 4"x6" print and 1 5"x7". At HPFJ, you can trade in both free photos for an 8"X10" (The HP ride doesn't offer 4"X6" or 5X7). I haven't heard yet about Gringotts but I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't do something similar.

https://presale.amazingpictures.com/PhotoConnect.aspx is the website to preorder.

No movement. It doesn't look weird from the videos I've seen.

Good to know. In fairness the vid I saw was quite poor quality on another site.
So many dis fans say that Universals can't do theming like Dis. Well they do a pretty damn good job in my book :)

I think that's photo ID and ride photo together for $43 but still Ouch. For $39.95 in advance for 1 day or $49.95 in advance for 3 day (or a whole year if you have an annual pass) it $10 more at the parks, you can get Universals version of Memory Maker, Universal Photo Connect. The price included 1 4"x6" print and 1 5"x7". At HPFJ, you can trade in both free photos for an 8"X10" (The HP ride doesn't offer 4"X6" or 5X7). I haven't heard yet about Gringotts but I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't do something similar.

https://presale.amazingpictures.com/PhotoConnect.aspx is the website to preorder.

Huh.. I might have to look into that, especially since we are considering getting the annual pass for next year. So, it is unlimited digital downloads PLUS 2 hard copies?? Hmm.. I've heard people talk about PhotoConnect and they had good things to say..

Huh.. I might have to look into that, especially since we are considering getting the annual pass for next year. So, it is unlimited digital downloads PLUS 2 hard copies?? Hmm.. I've heard people talk about PhotoConnect and they had good things to say..

About the only issues I've heard, there are some weird rules with regards to Harry Potter and Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket, and the digital files you download are 2 mega pixes, which is good for 4X6 prints and a bit iffy for 5X7. They do offer discounted prints for Photo Connect users in the parks $2 for a 4x6, $5 for a 5X7 and $10 for an 8X10. It may be worth Googleing Universal Photo Connect and looking at the first 5 or 6 links. There's some good information, tips and tricks, and how it's different from Memory Maker at Disney.

About the only issues I've heard, there are some weird rules with regards to Harry Potter and Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket, and the digital files you download are 2 mega pixes, which is good for 4X6 prints and a bit iffy for 5X7. They do offer discounted prints for Photo Connect users in the parks $2 for a 4x6, $5 for a 5X7 and $10 for an 8X10. It may be worth Googleing Universal Photo Connect and looking at the first 5 or 6 links. There's some good information, tips and tricks, and how it's different from Memory Maker at Disney.

:thumbsup2 Thanks!

So, I stumbled on this review of the park.. I am just way too excited now!! http://micechat.com/71057-wizarding-world-harry-potter-diagon-alley-preview-part-2-review/

I'm very concerned that Sha-un wasn't able to ride Gringotts. A person in my party is a similar build. I've heard of the restriction issues with the other ride and was somewhat prepared for it. However, I am astounded that Universal would build another totally restrictive ride. I'm not going to ride it alone. I would feel too guilty. Now that there's a good chance both rides are not going to happen for me, I'm seriously re-considering the Universal portion of my trip altogether. I just don't get it. Why can they build these technologically innovative rides but can't build adjustable shoulder and shin pads? It's ridiculous.

I'm very concerned that Sha-un wasn't able to ride Gringotts. A person in my party is a similar build. I've heard of the restriction issues with the other ride and was somewhat prepared for it. However, I am astounded that Universal would build another totally restrictive ride. I'm not going to ride it alone. I would feel too guilty. Now that there's a good chance both rides are not going to happen for me, I'm seriously re-considering the Universal portion of my trip altogether. I just don't get it. Why can they build these technologically innovative rides but can't build adjustable shoulder and shin pads? It's ridiculous.

Can't find what you are speaking of. Please direct me to where someone has spoken about not fitting in Escape from Gringotts.

The latest Dis Unplugged Universal edition Podcast. Host Shaun was not able to ride due to what was described as a "lap" bar that holds your thighs and shins.

ok ive been on forbidden journey and it makes me too nauseous and dizzy, was wondering if anyone has rode the gringotts ride and got sick on it or is it better?

ok ive been on forbidden journey and it makes me too nauseous and dizzy, was wondering if anyone has rode the gringotts ride and got sick on it or is it better?

Only the media and some TMs have ridden Gringotts so far. It doesn't open until July 8.

No... If you look at the photos of the ride cars you'll see they have lap bars like mummy. Usually rides that have inversion need overhead harnesses.

True, but RipRideRockit doesn't have overhead harnesses. This initially freaked out DD9, but now she loves it.

People with the package should start riding on June 29th. Of no softs are reported by then, I'm sure people will share their experiences on that day.

The latest Dis Unplugged Universal edition Podcast. Host Shaun was not able to ride due to what was described as a "lap" bar that holds your thighs and shins.

I was lucky enough to be invited by a friend to attend the media event with them. Yes Gringotts has a lap bar and that does include restraint against your thighs and shins. Could that restrict some sized people from not riding? Maybe yes. But I'd say it won't be something that will be as restrictive as FJ was when it first opened.

Honestly, the ride has to be safe and it is impossible to make a ride that will perfectly fit every body size, especially a thrill ride. The way Gringotts spins and jolts suddenly, I think the lap bar/leg bar system is the right way to go for this ride. Gringotts contains many spins and sudden jolts and with the open sides it is best to keep a secure hold on all extremities inside the ride vehicle. The restraints are not put into these thing for giggles but for a very necessary reason. Yes they could put in a ride that every body shape can ride and they did, the Hogwarts Express, but just like Gringotts comes with a height restriction for safety reasons, it also comes with a restraint system for safety reasons.

I know people like to think "it's not fair" that the ride doesn't fit all adults but logically speaking that is just not safely possible since there are so many different shapes and sizes unless you are talking a non-thrill ride.

fairyprincess88 said:
I was lucky enough to be invited by a friend to attend the media event with them. Yes Gringotts has a lap bar and that does include restraint against your thighs and shins. Could that restrict some sized people from not riding? Maybe yes. But I'd say it won't be something that will be as restrictive as FJ was when it first opened.

Honestly, the ride has to be safe and it is impossible to make a ride that will perfectly fit every body size, especially a thrill ride. The way Gringotts spins and jolts suddenly, I think the lap bar/leg bar system is the right way to go for this ride. Gringotts contains many spins and sudden jolts and with the open sides it is best to keep a secure hold on all extremities inside the ride vehicle. The restraints are not put into these thing for giggles but for a very necessary reason. Yes they could put in a ride that every body shape can ride and they did, the Hogwarts Express, but just like Gringotts comes with a height restriction for safety reasons, it also comes with a restraint system for safety reasons.

I know people like to think "it's not fair" that the ride doesn't fit all adults but logically speaking that is just not safely possible since there are so many different shapes and sizes unless you are talking a non-thrill ride.

That was well said. I happen to be a larger person that can't fit all rides like the FJ. I wish I could but I know they need safety above all else. So I deal with it. Plenty else to do and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter