Gringotts Reviews starting to come in

Thanks! Is it a fairly high capacity ride? I guess comparing to FJ, which seems fairly high capacity to me.

I am super excited..One of the media has posted the entire ride queue up until the loading area..Looks fantastic and every detail is amazing

So Universal spent 1/4 of what WDW did and Universal got Diagon Alley, while WDW got bracelets and FP+. Is it any wonder we've switched to the Dark Side? They understand bang for your buck.

This is looking amazing!!
Is the area they used bigger than WWOHP in IOA?
How are they fitting all this in as well as Kingscross

Have to say Gringots from the outside looks smaller than I thought it would. Think I am remembering it from the books. Can't remember what it looks like in the films.

One thing which will be a shame. It looks AMAZING in the dark.. When I go next year in October I doubt I will get to see the area in the dark lol. Looks so atmospheric in the dark..

off topic, but what about Hogwarts express? that seems like it could be somewhat low capacity.

Reportedly, there are three cars of seven cabins for each train. Each cabin holds 8 people. That would be 3x7x8x2 for both trains. That's 336 people per ride (includes both ways). Depending on load and ride time, that would be 2520 people per hour for an 8 minute turnaround time which is generous. So, over 1000 guests per hour for each "journey" (one way trip) easily.

Reportedly, there are three cars of seven cabins for each train. Each cabin holds 8 people. That would be 3x7x8x2 for both trains. That's 336 people per ride (includes both ways). Depending on load and ride time, that would be 2520 people per hour for an 8 minute turnaround time which is generous. So, over 1000 guests per hour for each "journey" (one way trip) easily.

I've read that the dispatch interval is 12 minutes, and that the capacity of each train is actually 200, which may or may not be accurate.. That doesn't seem all that bad on paper, but I'm guessing that in summer heat, 5 trains per hour will seem like eternity. There are two stages to the queue at King's Cross, and the passage from stage 1 (the Muggle side) to the 9 3/4 (stage 2) side apparently is done in a batch with only the number of guests who will fit on the train sent through at a given time.

The numbers you gave are almost the same as that of the new monorails at WDW, so I would say that is going to give us an idea of the best-case scenario. It will be at least as slow as getting on the MK monorail at closing time.

Does anyone know if the ride goes upside down or not?

No... If you look at the photos of the ride cars you'll see they have lap bars like mummy. Usually rides that have inversion need overhead harnesses.

No... If you look at the photos of the ride cars you'll see they have lap bars like mummy. Usually rides that have inversion need overhead harnesses.

Also, I imagine the 3-D glasses would go flying off if the cars went upside down.

Given that people are wearing glasses, I'm not expecting much in the way of extreme coaster thrills. Probably something along the lines of Big Thunder Mountain, at most. The real attraction will be the simulator aspects of the ride.

Did he say that it was truly magical? I thought that was a term only used for WDW :rolleyes1

I can't wait to see it in person, it looks amazing. And I'm not even a Harry Potter fan.

Does the dragon on top of Gringotts move in any way? What I mean is does his head move? Seems a bit weird if fire just sometimes comes out of a stationary dragons mouth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter