GayDays 2011

If you have an overlap between the vacations each year, you can work in the AP and save a lot of $$ on tickets.

For example, since you are going in August this year, as long as you come again before the end of July next year the AP would be worth it.

ETA: There are often a lot of room discounts with the AP too, if you're not using DVC points for a trip ;)

Yeah, I agree if we DO go back more than once in a calendar year I'd do it however that won't always be the case for us especially with Hawaii opening up soon we'll definitely utilize that as we can get quite cheap flights there vs WDW...

Oye I am having a planning dilemma!

We have determined we do want to do a split stay if we go as planned for 9 nights... I cannot work out if I want to do BLT first or last... our goal is June 2-10th; it's possible that we'll arrive on the 1st but for certain we do want to leave on the Saturday as it's a pretty long trek back home and it's nice to have an unwind day before going back to work... we will be mixing it up by hopefully doing some meets during GD but I do want to take some time to do some Star Wars related stuff.

We'll certainly hit at least 1 water park and since my goal in this trip is to celebrate my hubby's 40th I have to be prepared to possibly have a *gasp* non-Disney day at the Cape if he so chooses... lol My goal is to go to Discovery Cove for a dolphin swim for my 40th so I better be nice and do what he wants ;)

OK I am tired just thinking about all of this and it's a year away...

back to my original thought. BLT first or last? Does anything happen at the BLT lounge surrounding gay days that I should be aware of?

back to my original thought. BLT first or last? Does anything happen at the BLT lounge surrounding gay days that I should be aware of?

Not really. Since only those people staying at BLT using DVC points are allowed in (along with guests); there's nothing terribly official there.

We did have a couple DISers at the BLT and a couple of us had drinks there. But since everyone couldn't join in, the meets were planned elsewhere.

We did have a couple DISers at the BLT and a couple of us had drinks there. But since everyone couldn't join in, the meets were planned elsewhere.

According to everything I hear, you can bring in your guests (not to the pool), but, you have to go out to meet them.

According to everything I hear, you can bring in your guests (not to the pool), but, you have to go out to meet them.

Yes, but I think showing up and saying "These 50 people are my guests" would be a tough sell. :rotfl2:

I've been up there as a guest of people staying several times. The most "guests" we've ever had was 5, I think.

They are trying to keep it fairly exclusive, and not even letting Disney Event Services or Disney Fairy Tale Weddings book it for functions, so I'm thinking they'd frown on a "meet" up there.

Best to plan for a quiet cocktail up there some time, and plan the big stuff elsewhere.

Not really. Since only those people staying at BLT using DVC points are allowed in (along with guests); there's nothing terribly official there.

Ok Thanks... I had thought I saw some pictures of people up in the lounge but I couldn't remember if it was a GD thing or something else.

My dilemma continues -- :lmao: Oh what a horrible dilemma to have ;)

Officially it's DVC members staying on points or cash through DVC and the guests in their room with them can go up. LOL-- the never ending lounge debate :lmao:

Yes, but I think showing up and saying "These 50 people are my guests" would be a tough sell. :rotfl2:

Best to plan for a quiet cocktail up there some time, and plan the big stuff elsewhere.

Okay, fair enough. Although it gets my brain squirreling away about how to get around the problem, it's still probably better not to try.

I am hoping WestJet will have a good seat sale so I can fly out of Vancouver rather than drive down to Seattle. Saves a lot of hassle plus we'll get 2 free bags if we fly westjet. Air Canada would be the same deal with no luggage fees but I'd rather go WJ.

I am hoping WestJet will have a good seat sale so I can fly out of Vancouver rather than drive down to Seattle. Saves a lot of hassle plus we'll get 2 free bags if we fly westjet. Air Canada would be the same deal with no luggage fees but I'd rather go WJ.

I agree with the hassle, but, are you sure about the bags? I was just at the airport with my mother this week and the AC signs all indicated that travel into the US is down to 1 free bag per passenger now.

I agree with the hassle, but, are you sure about the bags? I was just at the airport with my mother this week and the AC signs all indicated that travel into the US is down to 1 free bag per passenger now.

yes my husband + myself = 2 free bags... we don't pack our whole wardrobe for WDW :D

You DON'T? :scared1:

LOL nope... that is what laundry is for :D I always tend to bring one too many pair of shoes tho... I can never decide what to wear and if it will be rainy or not! :lmao: I keep on telling myself wear one pair and pack one... inevitably I pack 2-3 pairs LOL

yes my husband + myself = 2 free bags... we don't pack our whole wardrobe for WDW :D

Ah.... You know just last year AC (and I think WestJet) had 2 free bags per person? (They still do if you stay in Canada.)

Ah.... You know just last year AC (and I think WestJet) had 2 free bags per person? (They still do if you stay in Canada.)

Yes both still have 2 bags in Canada and WJ still allows 2 bags no matter where they fly. Last time I used 2 bags was when I spent 2 mos in at my place in Italy-- i went with one, returned with 2. :lmao: I generally pack light.

Yes both still have 2 bags in Canada and WJ still allows 2 bags no matter where they fly. Last time I used 2 bags was when I spent 2 mos in at my place in Italy-- i went with one, returned with 2. :lmao: I generally pack light.

Oh yes, in comparison to others, we also pack lightly.

But, I pack a lot more than I used to. When I was in my 20s and travelling regularly I had a 30L backpack (fits carryon requirements and is smaller than many of the bags that teenagers carry to school everyday) that I would travel trans-Pacifically with. I'd pack my sleeping bag, 2L of water and everything else that I judged necessary for 8 days in that one bag.

Nowadays, I tend to get close to the weight limits on each of my 2 (myself and DW together) bags and thus always liked having the option to check an extra one on the way home if I purchased anything heavy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter