GayDays 2011

Agree with SingleDad, need a DISday and some easy way to distinguish DIS members in the park. Those who I met didn't even know what the DIS boards were.

yeah, and although I was looking for lime green mickey heads, well, I didn't see a single one although I KNOW we had many members in the parks! :sad2:

Hey all. We're back on the road and I'm back to a real computer.

First I'm sorry I didn't get to spend a lot of time with anyone but was very happy to put some names and faces together.

Singledad, we'll definitely have to try again, I guess it just mean we'll have to go back.

Speaking of October. We booked a bounce back for 10/23 through 10/28. We will be in Charlotte, NC on the 22nd so we figured what's another 8 hours:goodvibes.

We had a great trip. DP and I had a great dinner at Citricos on Friday night while the kids enjoyed the Neverland Club. We had planned on going out for drinks after dinner but opted to watch the fireworks from the Ferry area at the TTC and then picked up the kids.

On Saturday we spent until about 2:00 at MK and then went back to the hotel Had hoped to make it 'til the Dole Whip meet but we were all beat by the heat. We went back around 7:00 and hung out in Tomorrowland. The kids and I finally got to ride Space Mountain, a first for all of us. We all declared it was a definite do over.

On Sunday we had planned on going back to MK as it was open 'til 2am for EMH but ended up spending the whole day at the hotel. We spent most of it by the pool and particpated in some of the activities. We also packed up most of our stuff.

I got up around 7:30 on Monday morning and got the car packed up and we headed out to EPCOT at about 10:00. We got TT fast passes for 2:45. We did a Kim Possible Mission in Norway, ate at the American Adventure (since DS is GF it was the easiest option) did some stuff at Innoventions, saw Captain EO which I had seen once before in 1988, so that was kind of cool. We rode Spaceship Earth and at 7pm we hit the road.

Thank you to Tags and JSG and all others who organized meets.

Take care all.

5800349212_b9be0d415c.jpg

Yeah, she woke up about 30 min after that and was saying her tummy was sick, etc. it was then we went to first aid. Yeah, I think the trouble was more the area is a bit larger than you would think, and you couldn't really tell who was there for dismeet and who was simply there. I know I sat and spoke with a guy for a good while who said I was the only dis member he met that day so far, and I don't know if he ever did spot any of the rest of us. :confused3 Maybe next time I will sneak in a HUGE sign "DISMEET HERE!" and claim us an area! :laughing:

I am working on something for next year to distinguish us. I thought maybe people would see us (we were sitting in the area w/ the tables and the fans and the roof, right by where the line for the dole whips started.)

Hello everyone. I would like to see if anyone would like to participate in our Gay Days discussion this Friday night on the "WDW After Dark" vidcast. This will be a very open and uncensored discussion and I would like to have a few people willing to join our broadcast team via video Skype. The vidcast goes live every Friday night at 9pm/e.

Please feel free to contact me via e-mail: wdwtikiroom(at)srsounds.com

Thanks for reading.
Aljon

So... pictures pictures pictures.. who gots pictures? I know there were a lot taken on Sunday... and there were some taken on Saturday, and I know there are a lot on facebook, but that doesn't help here. LOL.

I am working on something for next year to distinguish us. I thought maybe people would see us (we were sitting in the area w/ the tables and the fans and the roof, right by where the line for the dole whips started.)

and i ended up sitting out on the rock benches under the trees right across from the line. :confused3

Here's one that's not stolen from someone else... The group of us in Wally's t-shirts. :)

254312_10150211063263492_529998491_7354358_6404823_n.jpg

Canadia... after we were all done drinking, we took a much needed break.

249983_10150211063293492_529998491_7354361_3714157_n.jpg

253552_10150211063313492_529998491_7354363_7142561_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter