Free Dining in 2007?

Just to add UK guests have to book with 5 day tickets to get free dining. I hope they dont follow suit in the USA. I priced my trip through disneyworld.co.uk compared to what I would roughly pay by booking via the US website and it was quite a lot more expensive. I am not bboking with the 5 day tickets as we have PAPs and the tickets would be wasted as I dont now if we are going to WDW in 2008, so couldnt keep them for future use.

We have enjoyed (to say the least!!) Free Dining for the last 2 years. It was the reason we did book again to go this year....it really was great! Anyhoo... our DS was 9 last year, but we paid for him as an 'Adult', as it was only something like an extra $50 or so (for the additional cost of his 10 day Hopper ticket) but he was able to order off the full menus just like us....so, if Disney ever does do a BOGOF offer (which I hope they won't and don't believe will happen yet) then families in the situation of 1 child and 1 youth could consider this as an option.

Yes, as previously stated, the Free Dining this year was from mid-Aug until end of Sept. (but you could arrive Sept. 30th for 10 nts and receive FD for the entire trip). The promo was offered beginning in early April here in N. America. I believe VISA cardholders got a jump on the special 3 days before the general public.

Question: 1st trip was from Sept. 2nd (which was the Friday of Labour Day long weekend) until Sept. 12th. This year we were there from Sept. 14th - 23rd. We literally saw no difference in crowd level, and IF there was, it would be marginal, at best. Would like to know if anybody has any idea how much busier it is from, say, 3rd week of August on. Older boys have been unable to attend due to being unable to miss ANY time in College and we would love to bring everybody next year. See why we NEED Free Dining!!! They'd KILL us just with food consumption!!! :teeth: From what I understand, most (?) of the schools in the US are back in session by mid-Aug, which is another reason why Disney starts the promo then. Just want to hear from 'people in the know'!!!!! Thanks so much!!! :thumbsup2

magicmouse2 said:
Just to add UK guests have to book with 5 day tickets to get free dining. I hope they dont follow suit in the USA. I priced my trip through disneyworld.co.uk compared to what I would roughly pay by booking via the US website and it was quite a lot more expensive. I am not bboking with the 5 day tickets as we have PAPs and the tickets would be wasted as I dont now if we are going to WDW in 2008, so couldnt keep them for future use.

The tickets will not be wasted unless you intend to NEVER return to WDW. You can purchase the 5 day pass(or whatever WDW will require)but not use them since you have APs.

You can hold on to the other tickets until you return in 2009 or 2030. They will still be valid.

I'm planning to purchase PAPs for next year. If free dining is offered, we book and purchase the type of ticket that's required. Those tickets will not be used until 2008.

LBelle said:
Question: 1st trip was from Sept. 2nd (which was the Friday of Labour Day long weekend) until Sept. 12th. This year we were there from Sept. 14th - 23rd. We literally saw no difference in crowd level, and IF there was, it would be marginal, at best. Would like to know if anybody has any idea how much busier it is from, say, 3rd week of August on. Older boys have been unable to attend due to being unable to miss ANY time in College and we would love to bring everybody next year. See why we NEED Free Dining!!! They'd KILL us just with food consumption!!! :teeth: From what I understand, most (?) of the schools in the US are back in session by mid-Aug, which is another reason why Disney starts the promo then. Just want to hear from 'people in the know'!!!!! Thanks so much!!! :thumbsup2

Good question !! as we plan on being there same time as you !!:thumbsup2 :cool1:

Hello Sister Friend !!:teeth:

Nice thread by the way ... just found it this a.m :thumbsup2

keliblue said:

Good question !! as we plan on being there same time as you !!:thumbsup2 :cool1:

Hello Sister Friend !!:teeth:

Nice thread by the way ... just found it this a.m :thumbsup2

KELLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18.gif

Are you stalking me?????
1.gif

LBelle said:
KELLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18.gif

Are you stalking me?????
1.gif

Not possible.... girl !! with the number of post you have I couldn't possible keep up

keliblue said:
Not possible.... girl !! with the number of post you have I couldn't possible keep up

Well.....if you stopped going to Tahoe and DISNEY, maybe you'd be as cool of a DISer as I am!!! :bitelip: BIG maybe!!! :rolleyes1

Question: 1st trip was from Sept. 2nd (which was the Friday of Labour Day long weekend) until Sept. 12th. This year we were there from Sept. 14th - 23rd. We literally saw no difference in crowd level, and IF there was, it would be marginal, at best. Would like to know if anybody has any idea how much busier it is from, say, 3rd week of August on. Older boys have been unable to attend due to being unable to miss ANY time in College and we would love to bring everybody next year. See why we NEED Free Dining!!! They'd KILL us just with food consumption!!! From what I understand, most (?) of the schools in the US are back in session by mid-Aug, which is another reason why Disney starts the promo then. Just want to hear from 'people in the know'!!!!!

I know last year the 3rd week was very crowded. I was reading all the posts because we were going down the 4th week, which was not crowded (8/25-8/30) and the posts were making me very nervous! We did leave before Labor Day weekend which I know from experience gets more crowded.

Many of the Southern school are starting later. I saw many NC, GA, AL schools that began the last week of August. I know that in 2008 Tampa schools will start after Labor Day.

Unless your sons start college after Labor Day (mine will start 8/27), I would ditch them and go when the crowds are lower!

LBelle said:
Well.....if you stopped going to Tahoe and DISNEY, maybe you'd be as cool of a DISer as I am!!! :bitelip: BIG maybe!!! :rolleyes1

:worship: I"m just not worthy !!

Letsbgoofy said:
I know last year the 3rd week was very crowded. I was reading all the posts because we were going down the 4th week, which was not crowded (8/25-8/30) and the posts were making me very nervous! We did leave before Labor Day weekend which I know from experience gets more crowded.

Many of the Southern school are starting later. I saw many NC, GA, AL schools that began the last week of August. I know that in 2008 Tampa schools will start after Labor Day.

Unless your sons start college after Labor Day (mine will start 8/27), I would ditch them and go when the crowds are lower!

Thanks for the info.!! It's great!! :thumbsup2 The guys will not be back in school until the Tues. following Labour Day long weekend, so maybe I'll brave the last week of Aug. Just want a (possibly) last family vacation before everyone runs off and starts their own lives, careers, etc. :guilty:

keliblue said:
:worship: I"m just not worthy !!

Well, I guess it all depends on what you bring me back from WDW next month!!! :rolleyes1

I WANNA GO TOO!!!!

You know, funny enough (and I forgot to tell you guys this weekend) our 2nd vehicle broke down on Jeff on his way to work Sat. morning, so now we ALSO have to buy another car in the next week or 2!!!! :sad2:

I said to Jeff, "I guess it's a good thing I said I couldn't go cuz NOW I wouldn't be able to go!" That would have been sooooo much worse, don't you think? :confused3 I mean, I know we had made/talked about some plans but to say Yep, I'm coming too...and then have to say diferent would have been twice as heartbreaking for me!!!

LBelle said:
Well, I guess it all depends on what you bring me back from WDW next month!!! :rolleyes1

I WANNA GO TOO!!!!

You know, funny enough (and I forgot to tell you guys this weekend) our 2nd vehicle broke down on Jeff on his way to work Sat. morning, so now we ALSO have to buy another car in the next week or 2!!!! :sad2:

I said to Jeff, "I guess it's a good thing I said I couldn't go cuz NOW I wouldn't be able to go!" That would have been sooooo much worse, don't you think? :confused3 I mean, I know we had made/talked about some plans but to say Yep, I'm coming too...and then have to say diferent would have been twice as heartbreaking for me!!!

Ouch LISA !!! I guess you really do have your plate full at the moment:sad2:

I will bring you back something special.... I promise

Basically Free Dining is a discount promo that WDW has had over the last 2 years during the second half of Aug. and most of Sept. You had to book a package that included MYW tickets, room and the dining plan. You'd get the dining plan free but the resort would be paid at rack rate (no discount on room).

Free Dining isn't necessarily offered every year, but has been the last 2. Currently UK residents are being offered the promo for '07 (Aug./Sept.) however it has not been offered to U.S. residents yet. Last year's bookings for the package began the first week of April. The ticket and room requirements are different this year than prior. For more detailed info, click on the link below. Hope that helps.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdwi/en_GB/special/offerDetail?id=DiningOfferPage

Castillo Mom said:
Basically Free Dining is a discount promo that WDW has had over the last 2 years during the second half of Aug. and most of Sept. You had to book a package that included MYW tickets, room and the dining plan. You'd get the dining plan free but the resort would be paid at rack rate (no discount on room).

Free Dining isn't necessarily offered every year, but has been the last 2. Currently UK residents are being offered the promo for '07 (Aug./Sept.) however it has not been offered to U.S. residents yet. Last year's bookings for the package began the first week of April. The ticket and room requirements are different this year than prior. For more detailed info, click on the link below. Hope that helps.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdwi/en_GB/special/offerDetail?id=DiningOfferPage

I was just checking out the requirements for the UK and I did notice one change I don't like... you have to book 5 nights (no problem) but you also have to purchase 5 day theme park tickets... I hope it's not like that for U.S?? DH and I like to resort hop, buying a 7 day at the first resort (3 day stay) then 1 day pass at the second resort (stay 4) and still get DDP for ther entire trip. That would pretty much eliminate that option

Thanks for the info but we are planning for November 2007 and we stay off property as well, Never mind, maybe one day!!

Emmo...you may find going during the free dinning promo (if they offer it) and staying onsite at one of the Disney resorts could be more benficial ($$) ;) Of course there may be some things beyond your control as to when you can/can't go...but if not it may be worth looking into. Just an idea.

keliblue....I too am hopeing they don't make the same requirements (if they offer it)....We're going on a Disney Cruise next Sept and are hopeing to add a few days at the parks to our week long cruise...I could maybe swing adding 5 hotel nights...but not 5 park days also (we went to the Magic Kingdom for two days before our last 7 night cruise...and we were all totally wiped out by the time we boarded. What would really suck is making the reservation at WDW resorts...going to the parks...and having to BUY the dinning plan DURING the free dinning offer just because were not staying or going to the parks 5 days in a row. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter