Free Dining in 2007?

kidsgobears said:
I booked our package at regular rate in late August. I kept an eye on the "Codes and Rates" forum on the DIS. Someone posted codes for late Oct to mid Dec (I believe that was the time frame). I called WDW reservations and they applied the code to my existing reservation and then credited my credit card the difference.

It seems that codes come out for most seasons, except holiday and peak seasons. Someone please correct me on this if I'm wrong. HTH

ETA: There was a thread where lots of folks were posting how much $ they had saved by adding the code to their ressies. Lots of them were several hundred dollars. Not everyone was succesful getting the code applied to their package. Those dates may not have been available at their resort or something along those lines. Looking at this thread should give you an idea how it all works: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1198122

Can any of these codes be used on existing AAA reservations? I just wondered if you could "stack" discounts. I WISH!

raammartin said:
Can any of these codes be used on existing AAA reservations? I just wondered if you could "stack" discounts. I WISH!

Unfortunately, you'd have decide whether you want the discount on the room or go with the free dining (if offered). I did however, read somewhere that a few people were able to keep their AAA discount and still get the free dining, but it's definitely not the norm.

keliblue said:
I was just checking out the requirements for the UK and I did notice one change I don't like... you have to book 5 nights (no problem) but you also have to purchase 5 day theme park tickets... I hope it's not like that for U.S?? DH and I like to resort hop, buying a 7 day at the first resort (3 day stay) then 1 day pass at the second resort (stay 4) and still get DDP for ther entire trip. That would pretty much eliminate that option

Ah, therein lies the dilemma. This trip I decided to go all out since it's my son's high school graduation - we'll be in WDW 11 days followed by a 7 day Disney cruise, so if the package requirements end up being the same as for UK residents, then that wouldn't be a problem for us. If not for that, it could've been an issue for us. We also decided not to resort hop.

PaulaSB12 said:
Can't wait for my next trip. Pop Century for 21 days with free dining!!!

Ditto - 3 weeks POP with free dining plan (Sep/Oct 07) - am anticipating some unused credits at the end!

s.and.s said:
Ditto - 3 weeks POP with free dining plan (Sep/Oct 07) - am anticipating some unused credits at the end!

I swapped it for 3 weeks at Port Orleans French Quarter but still with the free ddp. I don't anticipate any left over credits I did it for 15 days and managed to use every one, even on the last day despite having a strike it rich sundae and a large chocolate milkshake for breakfast.

scrapperjill said:
Emmo...you may find going during the free dinning promo (if they offer it) and staying onsite at one of the Disney resorts could be more benficial ($$) ;) Of course there may be some things beyond your control as to when you can/can't go...but if not it may be worth looking into. Just an idea.

Thanks for the Info, but we only have 7 days in Disney and we then have 7 days to use for universal, shopping etc So staying on property isn't really an option as we don't drive in Orlando, just so we can relax.
We also want to visit the Food and Wine Festival!

s.and.s said:

JEALOUS HERE !!! Three whole weeks at Disney Don't I wish !!!

Any news yet on 2007 FREE DINING for us US folks? :) We are going this Thanksgiving and DH said we could go again next year if they offer free dining. :) :)

I'm getting all my ducks in a row so that I can jump on the promo. in April!! Have to be ready for it!!

Does anyone think that if disney does offer free dining that it will be before April???? :confused3 I was just wondering because they have already have offered the free DDP for the UK residents. Is this the first time they are offering it to the UK folks and why so early? It gives me high hopes that it will be offered to US residents before April. Any thoughts?

I am also wondering why they are only offering DDP early for UK vacationers. I am envious. I do think it is a good sign that the free DDP will happen again this year for everyone. YAHOO!!

I did remember reading previously that FL schools will be starting later next year. Is that just in some areas of FL or all towns?

One reason is that UK travelers need more time to plan for their vacations. Technically the Free Dining was open to anyone the past two years, but this is the first year that its being marketed in the UK.

I believe the Free Dining plan was open to booking for Disney Visa cardholders 4/1/06 for travel mid Aug. through the end of Sept.

ETA: Free Dining was offered to the general public I believe April 3rd or 4th.

Some mentioned April in previous posts. How do you find out about it? Is there a website where promotional things like that are advertised? I'm taking my daughter and 5 yr old granddaughter next year and we can go at anytime so it sounds like it would be a good deal for us. Also, of the Value Hotels which have the most/best food choices and would they be included on the dining pkg?? Some of you sound REALLY experienced in Disney planning so I'd appreciate any tips popcorn:: !!

PrincessGrandma said:
Some mentioned April in previous posts. How do you find out about it? Is there a website where promotional things like that are advertised? I'm taking my daughter and 5 yr old granddaughter next year and we can go at anytime so it sounds like it would be a good deal for us. Also, of the Value Hotels which have the most/best food choices and would they be included on the dining pkg?? Some of you sound REALLY experienced in Disney planning so I'd appreciate any tips popcorn:: !!
Hi
I took my DD and DGD (3 1/2) this past August and we had free dining. It was great! You can find out about it on the Disney web site or on the Disboards. Also, I saw it advertised in our newspaper. We stayed at Pop Century, a value resort, and it was the best deal for us. My DD and I each paid $435 and it was $176 for my DGD. That included our park tickets and the dining plan for 5 nights. We booked our airfare separately, and we got $79 each way. We're hoping for free dining again. We'll go in August again since my DD is a teacher. I think the free dining came out around the beginning of April last year. Have a great time in Disney!!! :sunny:

PrincessGrandma said:

There should be a buzz about it here on the DIS a few days or so before the code is actually released.

My travel agent just sent a note that if you are staying at WDW between 11/08/06-12/31/06, and book another package between 8/5/07-9/29/07, it will be discounted and you will receive FREE DINING! You just need to put a $200 deposit down at your resort before you check out.

Now if I can only convince DH.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter