Free Dining in 2007?

Don't forget, even if you already have your tickets (or are an AP holder) and have a room-only ressie you want to turn into a "package", they only require you to purchase one-days admission.

So, for the price of a one-day one-park ticket, you can get free dining if you are elligible. Plus, you can ask for a hard copy of the one-day one-park ticket and use it whenever in the future you wish. Win win.

NED

NewEnglandDisney said:
Don't forget, even if you already have your tickets (or are an AP holder) and have a room-only ressie you want to turn into a "package", they only require you to purchase one-days admission.

So, for the price of a one-day one-park ticket, you can get free dining if you are elligible. Plus, you can ask for a hard copy of the one-day one-park ticket and use it whenever in the future you wish. Win win.

NED

Great advice!! You're right....that is a win-win situation!! Thanks!! :thumbsup2

NewEnglandDisney said:

NED

There may be a NEW change next year. If you've followed the UK package, starting next year they have a ticket restriction. They HAVE to purchase a 5 day ticket with their package. I've been watching this and am wondering if the US package will have the same NEW restriction. This will affect alot of AP holders (like myself) and we'll have to crunch the numbers. Also there is a new change for CS for the UK package.....NO DESERTS.....who thinks of this stuff? AP holders need to store this possibility in their head so they are not caught off guard in case we have the same restrictions.

n2mm said:
There may be a NEW change next year. If you've followed the UK package, starting next year they have a ticket restriction. They HAVE to purchase a 5 day ticket with their package. I've been watching this and am wondering if the US package will have the same NEW restriction. This will affect alot of AP holders (like myself) and we'll have to crunch the numbers. Also there is a new change for CS for the UK package.....NO DESERTS.....who thinks of this stuff? AP holders need to store this possibility in their head so they are not caught off guard in case we have the same restrictions.

Your tickers have totally depressed me. :guilty: You are soooo lucky!!! :cloud9: Have fun tomorrow!!! :wave:

LBelle said:
Your tickers have totally depressed me. :guilty: You are soooo lucky!!! :cloud9: Have fun tomorrow!!! :wave:

Sorry! Actually we leave in a couple of hours because I HAD TO add a day to get a good flight time, so we leave this afternoon, so didn't adjust my ticker by one day. We are empty nesters, so have more time and $$ than we did when the kids were home. Actually we are gone for 2 weeks this trip and the first week we are by ourselves, then next Sunday the kids find us again and will be there with the grandkids for the second week. I can't wait....but today is completely strange for me as we always book the first flight out, so I'm home on the disboards killing time until we have to leave for the airport!! Woohoo!! :banana:

n2mm said:
Sorry! Actually we leave in a couple of hours because I HAD TO add a day to get a good flight time, so we leave this afternoon, so didn't adjust my ticker by one day. We are empty nesters, so have more time and $$ than we did when the kids were home. Actually we are gone for 2 weeks this trip and the first week we are by ourselves, then next Sunday the kids find us again and will be there with the grandkids for the second week. I can't wait....but today is completely strange for me as we always book the first flight out, so I'm home on the disboards killing time until we have to leave for the airport!! Woohoo!! :banana:

Okay....I feel better knowing that it's just the 2 of you now!!! We are VERY seriously considering a purchase into the DVC also. Kids are 10, 18 and 21 so it is getting easier and easier for us to travel!!! In a few more years hopefully I will have 3 tickers going at a time also!!! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if the DVCers also get free dining when it's on? :confused3

The free Dining Plan promotion requires a qualifying package which includes admission purchase and hotel room rental at the rack rate. Therefore, DVC reservations cannot qualify.

bicker said:
The free Dining Plan promotion requires a qualifying package which includes admission purchase and hotel room rental at the rack rate. Therefore, DVC reservations cannot qualify.

That's what I thought!! :thumbsup2

Thanks!

hi
i wonder where you saw the no dessert on the counter service menu for u.k. visitors. i am sitting here with my brochure and confirmed booking and it states counter service =
1 main course
1 dessert
1non alcoholic beverage,
sorry if you think it's odd i don't want table service, i just want to eat where and when i'm ready not make reservations weeks,days or even hours ahead!

susan1 said:
hi
i wonder where you saw the no dessert on the counter service menu for u.k. visitors. i am sitting here with my brochure and confirmed booking and it states counter service =
1 main course
1 dessert
1non alcoholic beverage,
sorry if you think it's odd i don't want table service, i just want to eat where and when i'm ready not make reservations weeks,days or even hours ahead!

I don't think it's 'odd' and I never said that. I did say that I can't imagine preferring CS meals over TS meals while at Disney. Most people get sick of CS meals pretty darn quick, even with the, admitted, large variety of CS you can find at WDW. It would be nice though to not have to plan where, when, etc. but what can you do? For us, it's a small price to pay for a lovely meal and a much needed break!! :cloud9:

n2mm said:

It said that there was no deserts for cs this year. I contacted them and was told that you do get on so why they haven't changed the site I don't know.

susan1 said:

Calm down.

We all enjoy WDW in our own way.

Some people don't want to waste time eating at TS restaurants.

Some people don't want to waste TS credits on CS meals and/or lanyards.

For my son and I the dining plan allows us to vacation without eating burgers and fries the whole time.

There isn't a right or wrong way to do Disney. You just do what works best for your family.

It's not really cost effective to trade down very many TS credits for CS meals if you pay for dining BUT it certainly may make sense for free dining.

It looks like the UK free dining package requires 7 nights and at least a 5 night pass purchase. I wonder if a US free dining package will have similar requirements.

disneyjunkie said:
Calm down.

For my son and I the dining plan allows us to vacation without eating burgers and fries the whole time.

There isn't a right or wrong way to do Disney. You just do what works best for your family.

I REALLY hope they do this again. My husband and I stayed at Pop Century for 8 nights at the end of September at a cost of about $1100 for room and tickets. I had read what all you wonderful people had said about putting on 10lbs., so we were careful about over indulging. We used all of our table service meals, but couldn't possibly use all the counter service or snacks. I tried to "treat" other guests in the "pay it forward" tradition, but everyone was on the plan.
Just for fun, I kept track of the cost. Over $700 worth of food for free!!! And I can tell you, other people with bigger appetites would have had an even higher total.
We have been limiting our Disney trips to every other year since my son is grown. But this is too good to resist. If Disney does it again in '07, we'll be there.

bicker said:
Actually, you call to switch your reservation to an available, qualifying package, which includes admission purchase. (You cannot add the Dining Plan onto a heavily-discounted package, nor directly on to a room-only reservation -- you need to switch to a package that includes admission purchase in that case.)

Actually, I along with two friends just went over labor day weekend. We were on a discount paackage, then were able to add the free dining. It was great. We were there 6 days, 5 nights and it was les than 1400.00 for all three of us, in a value resort. . I do believe that someimtes it depends who the travel agent is doing your plan. We however booked thorugh Dis.

disneyjunkie said:
Calm down.

Exactly!!!! :thumbsup2

krissylynne said:
You cannot add the Dining Plan onto a heavily-discounted package
We were on a discount paackage, then were able to add the free dining.
Yes, there are some specific packages with small discounts that qualify. None of the heavily-discounted packages do.

bicker said:
Yes, there are some specific packages with small discounts that qualify. None of the heavily-discounted packages do.

The first year of free dining, 2005, all existing packages were changed to rack rate if the guest wanted free dining. This year (2006) a number of posters were able to keep their existing AAA discounted room rate and Disney removed the charge for dining (free dining).

The deeply discounted rates such as AP and FL resident can't even purchase dining.

Both years the inventory of free dining rooms was very generous. My brother was able to get free dining on studio units at BWV, booked through Disney. No question those units could have been rented without free dining. Very few posters were unable to get the dates/resorts they wanted. A few posters had problems adding dates months later.

A few posters, in 2005, found a AAA discount and paying for dining was cheaper than paying rack rate and getting free dining. Obviously this was for some of the more expensive deluxe rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter