"For a limited time, DVC members can enjoy savings on annual passes"

Hello everyone! We are new DVC owners as of this past December :) I am curious. Can you stack your DVC discount and AP discount or is it one or the other? It is probably one of the other but I thought I would ask!! Thanks for the help!!

Hello everyone! We are new DVC owners as of this past December :) I am curious. Can you stack your DVC discount and AP discount or is it one or the other? It is probably one of the other but I thought I would ask!! Thanks for the help!!

No stacking allowed, sorry.

Bill

Doesn't look like we are getting a discount this year..

It's only the beginning of February.....

DVC currently offers $149 off new WDW annual passes (less on renewals). In the fall of 2012, they offered a PAP for $300 off for a limited time, about 3 months. About a year ago, they offered additional discounts on PAP, Premier passes and DL AP's, again for about 3 months. The promotional prices were the final price and had to be activated by a certain date.

Discount on...
Merchandise: no stacking allowed.
Room Discounts: No (AP discounted room prices and DVC discounted room prices are totally separate.)
Renewal AP: No, but the DVC AP & Premium APs are discounted for renewal (at this time) just like the renewal price on regular APs are discounted off of the new AP price.

Last edited:
I had hoped to hear something by now..
Is waiting until feb 9th to long?
I want to buy our tickets before the price increases, but was really wanted to get the annual passes.
It's not worth it to us unless dvc does another discount this year..

Are you holding out for a Premium Annual Pass? Because you could buy a DVC annual pass right now.

Yea.. We are..
I know we could get the regular pass.. DH wants to buy regular tickets ($60 less) unless the PAP gets the steep discount like before.

Can someone tell me do the regular discounted AP
Have to be activated by a date?

Here's a Screen shot (look under the Gold Key)

Membership Magic Savings on Select Annual Passes

Delight in Park Pass Magic! For a limited time, Disney Vacation Club Members can enjoy special savings on select Walt Disney World and Disneyland Annual Passes. Learn More

upload_2015-2-4_11-31-45.png

Yeah, I saw that wording when I went in to review AP prices and to see if they had any promotions. Struck me as odd that the AP discount was being offered as a "limited time only" promo. Seems they may be planning on taking this perk away... or at least leaving themselves open to it. That's why I went ahead and bought them last week, just in case the upcoming (rumored, but rings true) pass price and category changes also includes elimination of this. I'd have bought 10 passes to hold onto if I had the budget to ;)

Last edited:
Watching and waiting :magnify:.
I'm not going until this May and might just bank my 2016 point and not go in 2016.:surfweb:

My DH wants to do more than just Disney , so we'll see how things play out.

Yeah, I saw that wording when I went in to review AP prices and to see if they had any promotions. Struck me as odd that the AP discount was being offered as a "limited time only" promo. Seems they may be planning on taking this perk away... or at least leaving themselves open to it. That's why I went ahead and bought them last week, just in case the upcoming (rumored, but rings true) pass price and category changes also includes elimination of this. I'd have bought 10 passes to hold onto if I had the budget to ;)

"Limited Time Only" is Disney's psychological selling ploy to get you to buy now before the offer goes away.

Same with buy now before the point prices go up.

Bill

"Limited Time Only" is Disney's psychological selling ploy to get you to buy now before the offer goes away.

Same with buy now before the point prices go up.

Bill

Disney is notorious for using the phrase "temporary" to mean "near forever". Example: the Hat in DHS was only supposed to be up for the celebration. 14 years later we finally see them taking it down.

What I did was place a bet on DVC not offering a further reduced AP or Premium AP perk before our summer trip. Seems there are many people out there holding out for one, if it happens great, otherwise I have my passes in hand and any pricing changes Disney makes I'll be immune to until the next time I need new passes.

Their tag line of "limited time only" definitely makes it clear(er) to DVC members that Disney owns the discount, not us, and not to complain if/when it changes.

. I'd have bought 10 passes to hold onto if I had the budget to ;)

My DH is debating this exact thing..
We have enough to do 5 and if we dip into our saving we could do 10..

He is just worried that they have an expiration date or something..
Do they just send vouchers and I would activate them each year we want to use them

My DH is debating this exact thing..
We have enough to do 5 and if we dip into our saving we could do 10..

He is just worried that they have an expiration date or something..
Do they just send vouchers and I would activate them each year we want to use them

At the moment, these DVC APs and PAPs vouchers do not have an expiration date, so theoretically you could squirrel them away for 20 years and they'll still be just as good as the day you got them. (This did not apply to the special promotion APs which did have an activate-by date)

However, that's not to say that will not eventually make all passes (purchased from that point on) expire in say 12 months after purchase. My personal feeling is that making such a change would be a rotten accountant game akin to something scrooge might do (think of all the folks who've had to cancel their trips after purchasing passes.) Any passes purchased prior to the change would retain their ability to be stored.

Last edited:
At the moment, these DVC APs and PAPs vouchers do not have an expiration date, so theoretically you could squirrel them away for 20 years and they'll still be just as good as the day you got them. (This did not apply to the special promotion APs which did have an activate-by date)

However, that's not to say that will not eventually make all passes (purchased from that point on) expire in say 12 months after purchase. My personal feeling is that making such a change would be a rotten accountant game akin to something scrooge might do (think of all the folks who've had to cancel their trips after purchasing passes.) Any passes purchased prior to the change would retain their ability to be stored.

Ok so walk me through this.. (Sorry newbie to the whole buying dvc AP)
I call dvc buy the AP.. They send me vouchers
When I want to use them.. I just taken them with us and active them on our 1st day in the parks?

Sound simple enough..

Ok so walk me through this.. (Sorry newbie to the whole buying dvc AP)
I call dvc buy the AP.. They send me vouchers
When I want to use them.. I just taken them with us and active them on our 1st day in the parks?

Sound simple enough..

You got it. Just redeem the vouchers at a ticket booth at the entry to a park for your APs. Downtown Disney also has a counter in one of the buildings on the marketplace side I've used. (Resort Front desks can sell passes, but cannot do APs.) Your passes will be good for one year plus a day from the day you first entered the park using it.

I just called and was informed I can only buy 8..
And would not be sent a voucher.. I would be given a will call number..
Is this new?
Can some one explain..

I just called and was informed I can only buy 8..
And would not be sent a voucher.. I would be given a will call number..
Is this new?
Can some one explain..

When we bought vouchers we got a will call number. We just wrote down the number and took that with us to Guest Services to get our actual AP. That worked fine but the will call number didn't link with MDE. It has been over a year now so I am assuming they have fixed this glitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter