"For a limited time, DVC members can enjoy savings on annual passes"

Seems like they just keep taking perks away. Of course, there have been constant rumors of impending removal of AP discounts for at least a few years. Sigh...

Nothing has been taken away yet. I still think a price increase is around the corner for WDW tickets. The last price increase was 2-23-14. If there's going to be an "adjustment" that is probably when it will happen. It was a couple of years ago that the discount increased from $100 to $149 at the same time as a ticket price change.

Nothing has been taken away yet. I still think a price increase is around the corner for WDW tickets. The last price increase was 2-23-14. If there's going to be an "adjustment" that is probably when it will happen. It was a couple of years ago that the discount increased from $100 to $149 at the same time as a ticket price change.

I hate doing this stalking the price every day thing over the AP's. I keep hoping they'll offer a special deal on the Premium AP's like they did the last 2 winters (neither of which were we able to take advantage of). Meanwhile, if they DON'T offer some sort of special deal I surely can't afford to take the bite on another price increase right now either. We don't go until late July so I don't NEED them until May to make FP+ reservations so I don't really want to buy prematurely (read: now) then miss a potential special (like the last 2 years) but I also hate to risk an increase by trying to wait it out. :(

I'm watching too because I need to buy soon so I can make my FP selections. I'll jump on the regular ap, but was hoping for a special. I need to start my FP selections in February

I'm watching too because I need to buy soon so I can make my FP selections. I'll jump on the regular ap, but was hoping for a special. I need to start my FP selections in February

I also have fp selections coming up..
Any news?

jmho the DVC AP discount won't disappear. the cost of promo is recovered by keeping a large percentage of members onsite during their trips and so their spending $.

Many of us plan a last-minute bonus trip to squeeze just a few more days out of their APs and likely give serious consideration to adding onto existing DVC membership.

jmho the DVC AP discount won't disappear. the cost of promo is recovered by keeping a large percentage of members onsite during their trips and so their spending $. Many of us plan a last-minute bonus trip to squeeze just a few more days out of their APs and likely give serious consideration to adding onto existing DVC membership.
I agree. Now I wait. Must buy before the end of February. So I watch for any news of either a promotion or an increase. I generally renew every year, but we didn't do a January trip this year, so getting a new one for our May trip

I agree. Now I wait. Must buy before the end of February. So I watch for any news of either a promotion or an increase. I generally renew every year, but we didn't do a January trip this year, so getting a new one for our May trip

we have combination of stockpiled AP vouchers and a 6 day PH that I am going to link to my family's MDE accounts for our May trip.

If a 'special' DVC AP offer (with a use by/activation stipulation) comes out before our trip, I will purchase & hold the existing tickets for a future trip.

Starting to think having a set of standard DVC-discounted APs linked to the MDE account is way to go to ensure that FP+ dates can be booked while allowing one to wait for the next-best member promo.:scratchin

we have combination of stockpiled AP vouchers and a 6 day PH that I am going to link to my family's MDE accounts for our May trip. If a 'special' DVC AP offer (with a use by/activation stipulation) comes out before our trip, I will purchase & hold the existing tickets for a future trip. Starting to think having a set of standard DVC-discounted APs linked to the MDE account is way to go to ensure that FP+ dates can be booked while allowing one to wait for the next-best member promo.:scratchin

Me too. I'm still holding 2 kids ap vouchers that I bought in 2012 for $299 each. Once the promotion came out we didn't activate them. We also have a 6 day ticket we bought from UT in 2010 that didn't get used when my grandson had to cancel. Our problem is watching the dates of the grandkids because now one of the kids will be 10 this year, so have to save both for granddaughter number two who will be 7 when she activates it and 9 when she activates the other one 2 years later.

I was SOOOO hoping for another deal like they did last year on the PAP. BUT January is moving right along with no rumors of any special offers or discounts… :worried:

Me too. I'm still holding 2 kids ap vouchers that I bought in 2012 for $299 each. Once the promotion came out we didn't activate them. We also have a 6 day ticket we bought from UT in 2010 that didn't get used when my grandson had to cancel. Our problem is watching the dates of the grandkids because now one of the kids will be 10 this year, so have to save both for granddaughter number two who will be 7 when she activates it and 9 when she activates the other one 2 years later.

that would be hard for me to keep straight.

I believe they will upgrade a child's ticket to an adult if they've gone past the age.

I believe they will upgrade a child's ticket to an adult if they've gone past the age.

I actually asked several guest relations CMs while on a recent trip and each one told me that I would have to pay the difference between the pass I bought for 299 and the current ap price if she activates it after turning 10 (in March). I'm not willing to pay another $200+ and I save more by holding is until 2017 (GD#2) will activate mid May and turn 10 on May 28. One of the CMs did said, they might make an exception but no guarantee.

Annual passes are the same price, adult or child. Not sure what year that started.

I was browsing :coffee: another thread about AP Discounts. If I did not misunderstand, another poster stated that when the PAP discount came out February 2014 and you had already bought an AP and had not activated it then Disney allowed you to change the AP to the PAP with the discount. Anyone have any insight on this?:confused3

I was browsing :coffee: another thread about AP Discounts. If I did not misunderstand, another poster stated that when the PAP discount came out February 2014 and you had already bought an AP and had not activated it then Disney allowed you to change the AP to the PAP with the discount. Anyone have any insight on this?:confused3

So the special PAP deal came out in February last year? :confused3 I was wondering if it was in January or February. Since we weren't able to use it I couldn't remember when it was…still hawking around this year hoping they will offer some sort of special again. I could really use a deal of some sort...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter