"For a limited time, DVC members can enjoy savings on annual passes"

L's mom... if you purchase your passes online it allows you to select US Mail as an option (unless you're outside the US?) and they will send a voucher to you.... unless this changed within the past couple of days. Please note, I'm going off of what I've seen and heard other DVC members do. To date, I've always just upgraded passes at the window.

When we bought vouchers we got a will call number. We just wrote down the number and took that with us to Guest Services to get our actual AP. That worked fine but the will call number didn't link with MDE. It has been over a year now so I am assuming they have fixed this glitch.

Hmm... not good news. How did you buy them? Online or by phone? I'll let you all know how my AP vouchers link up with MDE when they arrive, if they are indeed vouchers. Mine are on the way still. Mail is slow, slowed down further by the weather.

What date was the special pricing on the PAP released last year? We really only need a 4 day ticket but the regular AP isn't that much more even though we don't have any other trips planned. The special pricing would be a better deal.

L's mom... if you purchase your passes online it allows you to select US Mail as an option (unless you're outside the US?) and they will send a voucher to you.... unless this changed within the past couple of days. Please note, I'm going off of what I've seen and heard other DVC members do. To date, I've always just upgraded passes at the window.

Hmm... not good news. How did you buy them? Online or by phone? I'll let you all know how my AP vouchers link up with MDE when they arrive, if they are indeed vouchers. Mine are on the way still. Mail is slow, slowed down further by the weather.

We purchased ours on the phone. The will call number linked to MDE but then a week before the trip all our FP+ were deleted never to be seen again. I really hope they have fixed this issue in the last year. Everything was fine once I could link the actual APs.

We purchased ours on the phone. The will call number linked to MDE but then a week before the trip all our FP+ were deleted never to be seen again. I really hope they have fixed this issue in the last year. Everything was fine once I could link the actual APs.

Being a software developer myself I find it totally inexcusable that they have such issues with their system. We too had a problem with our FP+ last summer (which was attributed to the fact that I reserved our room in two segments and then combined them)

If this year I find that they still have problems allowing their Annual Passholders staying on site issues reserving 60 days out for the length of their stay, they need to be ashamed of themselves and I will get on the phone with their IT department manager and ream him/her over the coals. That's not a threat, just a prediction. It's not just about me and my family getting their MDE set up properly, it's about all the guests being treated properly, and the half-___ approach they've had toward fixing the system, and now they're outsourcing these jobs to overseas? (I can tell you from experience, this move alone will only make the situation worse.)

(Edited so as to prevent confusion with the 60 days out bit, I had the wrong # in there)

Last edited:
Wait! :confused3 I am going to buy AP's (soon) but was told we'd get a voucher so we could link it to our MDE account and use the FP+ system. If they give you a will call number how can you use MDE?

If this year I find that they still have problems allowing their Annual Passholders staying on site issues reserving 90 days out ...
What? we get 90 days? I thought everyone staying onsite gets 60 days. And AP gets 30 days if they are not staying onsite.

Wait! :confused3 I am going to buy AP's (soon) but was told we'd get a voucher so we could link it to our MDE account and use the FP+ system. If they give you a will call number how can you use MDE?
The will call number should link to MDE. But you still have to stop at the GR window, before your first entrance, to "activate" the AP.

I was able to link 2 will call #'s to mde on Saturday. I purchased 3 dvc ap's and 2 reg. Ap's . After you have the will call #, mde asks you which people on the reservation you would lie to link the Ap's to. It worked perfectly. Now I can book FP at 60 days out.

What? we get 90 days? I thought everyone staying onsite gets 60 days. And AP gets 30 days if they are not staying onsite.

The will call number should link to MDE. But you still have to stop at the GR window, before your first entrance, to "activate" the AP.

Thank you for clearing that up. :)

So online they still have the shipping option..

Do they send voucher per AP you order?? Or do you get ONE voucher has all the ap you bought on it??

When I spoke to the cm on the phone.
She recommended (if ordering on the phone)
To order each set of passes seprately..

Example: 2015 we need 2 AP
2017 we would need 3
So I would place an order for 2 and the an order for 3
Getting two different will call numbers

Will I went ahead and ordered a few passes.. :jumping1:
I did it through the website the dvcmember site sends you too..

I only order 5, but could have ordered 10 if I wanted to..

It let me ship them.. So I assume I'm getting vouchers.

Last edited:
We just got our vouchers two weeks ago, they come one for each AP you bought.
Thank you, that confirms that those of us buying and asking them to mail them to us will get vouchers.
I assume each has a voucher # on it which will connect with the MDE.

Can't you just buy 1 ticket at a time to get the voucher online? That's what I've done every year and it works fine. Has it changed?

Kind of a different subject, but do I have to order the magic bands somewhere or will they just SEND them to us? We only used them once before and it's been over a year so my memory is fuzzy. It seems like IIRC they sent me an email to say it was time to order them and pick our personal colors etc. Is that how it still works? Or can I just to that at any time and get it done (our trip isn't until late July).

Still trying to hang onto hope for a PAP special deal…but my hope is fading….

Kind of a different subject, but do I have to order the magic bands somewhere or will they just SEND them to us? We only used them once before and it's been over a year so my memory is fuzzy. It seems like IIRC they sent me an email to say it was time to order them and pick our personal colors etc. Is that how it still works? Or can I just to that at any time and get it done (our trip isn't until late July).

Make certain that your reservation is linked in MDE. Then when you go under Magic Bands and Cards you'll see a Magicband order for that reservation. That is where you can pick colors and customize the printing on the inside and confirm the mailing address. If you don't do anything with it then they will not ship and you would have to pick up generic gray ones at the resort. They won't ship until 20 or so days prior to your trip but you can get it all set up now if you wish.

Actually the "AP's" were already on my account after I hung up with CS, I just assigned one to each person. The vouchers came about a week later.

Hi Everyone, new DVC member here. After reading this thread....I made the jump and bought the DVC AP right away, praying there won't be any discounts coming.

Correct me if Im wrong, but my AP does not start until I pick it up? Is that correct?

Hi Everyone, new DVC member here. After reading this thread....I made the jump and bought the DVC AP right away, praying there won't be any discounts coming.

Correct me if Im wrong, but my AP does not start until I pick it up? Is that correct?

Correct, they stay in voucher/will call form until you look a CM in the eye and say "now". ;)
... And if any deals do pop up before then, providing you have the budget (not I) you can simply put the ones you ordered today, but have not activated, away for future use.

So 1 day MK pricing came out for the upcoming increase. It finally broke the $100 mark.
I'm going to say that since we have not even had a rumor about a DVC promotional discount On AP. There is most likely not going to be one this year. At least until after the increase
I figure by now we would have heard something :confused3if there was going to be one.

So 1 day MK pricing came out for the upcoming increase. It finally broke the $100 mark.
I'm going to say that since we have not even had a rumor about a DVC promotional discount On AP. There is most likely not going to be one this year. At least until after the increase
I figure by now we would have heard something :confused3if there was going to be one.
I was really hoping that there would be another discount this year also. I guess I will wait a little longer and then just buy the regular passes- no AP…I know they charge what the market will bear, but the prices are getting ridiculous

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter