Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
We finally decided to go with RBT for the dining package since we have never eaten there before. I'll be canceling our BB Fantasmic! reservation tomorrow morning. The reservation is for a table of 3 at 4:40 on August 15th. Just a heads up in case anyone was wanting to book for that date.

Question for everyone knowledgeable about this: how soon can I reserve a dining package for November? Only showing til Sept. at this time. Newbie here. My wife and I will be there 11/2&3 on a trip for our 30th anniversary. THANKS!

Question for everyone knowledgeable about this: how soon can I reserve a dining package for November? Only showing til Sept. at this time. Newbie here. My wife and I will be there 11/2&3 on a trip for our 30th anniversary. THANKS!

60 days

OT (but only slightly :blush: ) : I switched our res from RBT to BB on the 31st, with first showing of F!. Based on responses, we will stay in place to watch the fireworks after. With the park being open until midnight, will there still be rides open after? Will we still have a couple of hours after the fireworks to enjoy DL?

I haven't read the entire thread, but I will be using an ECV for my trip. So I have the choice of BB or RBT and then can park myself in the dinner plan area, correct? I miss the dessert party.

It's supposed to be 60 days but sometimes they don't open up inventory then. Last November at the 60 day mark I tried reserving Minnie's character breakfast but I don't think it opened till around 50 days. I didn't know what was going on and I thought that everything may have already been booked up, so I called to see. The CM had told me that they just hadn't released dates yet and she couldn't tell me when they would and to check every day. I've read that this is not uncommon.

OT (but only slightly :blush: ) : I switched our res from RBT to BB on the 31st, with first showing of F!. Based on responses, we will stay in place to watch the fireworks after. With the park being open until midnight, will there still be rides open after? Will we still have a couple of hours after the fireworks to enjoy DL?
Oh yes, pretty much every ride will be open. And wait times PLUMMET! You can definitely hit up lots of rides because most of the people leave after fireworks. Some of Fantasyland is closed a bit longer because of checking for fireworks debris, and toontown closes before fireworks, but everything else is open.

I would avoid the west side though (critter country, NO Square) because of the crowds for later showings of Fantasmic.

You can also get FPs for that time.

Do you all think the 9 o'clock Fantasmic! & then fireworks will be the correct timing in October...? I'm waiting patiently for our night to open up and will grab reservations for BB when they do - I'm guessing 6pm or so would be about right for it. I think that will work really well for my folks who are going with us... I just hope my Mom doesn't mind sitting on the ground too much!

I seem to recall folks mentioning RBT is closed for refurb the first couple weekends in Sept (after Labor Day). Where can I find information re: if this is still the case for the end of Sept? I tried looking for a refurb calendar, but wasn't successful.
TIA!

I seem to recall folks mentioning RBT is closed for refurb the first couple weekends in Sept (after Labor Day). Where can I find information re: if this is still the case for the end of Sept? I tried looking for a refurb calendar, but wasn't successful.
TIA!
No official dates have been announced yet. People have been basing timing off no reservations available!

Where would you go if you had the hungry bear on the go dining package?

Where would you go if you had the hungry bear on the go dining package?
Do you mean to eat it? I'd just eat it there or if it was early enough, I'd take it to Tom Sawyer Island and have a picnic over there. There are some quiet areas over there. If it's too late for that and you don't want to eat it at Hungry Bear, there are lots of tables and seats between Stage Door Cafe and River Belle Terrace.

With the park being open until midnight, will there still be rides open after? Will we still have a couple of hours after the fireworks to enjoy DL?

We did this on Wednesday and between fastpass and short standby times we managed to do Indiana Jones, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain x 2, and Matterhorn + stopped for a snack following the fireworks :). It was fantastic!

Do you mean to eat it? I'd just eat it there or if it was early enough, I'd take it to Tom Sawyer Island and have a picnic over there. There are some quiet areas over there. If it's too late for that and you don't want to eat it at Hungry Bear, there are lots of tables and seats between Stage Door Cafe and River Belle Terrace.

No I meant where would we go to watch the show? Like which section would we go? We've only done the blue bayou dining package.

When should we line up for reserved seating? I have a BB reservation for 7:30 and the first showing. But I am wondering if I should switch to the second showing to get a good seat? Any advice?

No I meant where would we go to watch the show? Like which section would we go? We've only done the blue bayou dining package.

It's been kind of inconsistent. You'll be to the left of the BB section no matter what. Everyone enters through the ramp by Harbour Galley if you arrive right away or later, you can enter by HM. All packages enter at the same place and are directed to the correct roped check in point (as of Tuesday...it may have changed since then).

When should we line up for reserved seating? I have a BB reservation for 7:30 and the first showing. But I am wondering if I should switch to the second showing to get a good seat? Any advice?

I would get an earlier reservation or plan on attending the later Fantasmic. You can arrive last minute and supposedly still be guaranteed a spot, but you'd be at the very back of the section. When I was there Tuesday, most people were getting their spots with the dining packages between 8 and 8:30 for the 9:00 show. In my experience with BB, that wouldn't leave you enough time to get your food and enjoy it.

I'm looking to get reservations for BB around 7.30pm and select the later show of F!, as I think most younger families will have taken advantage of the earlier shows. Not an exact science I know, but I'm hoping the later session of F! may offer a less crowded atmosphere in the viewing section.

I'm looking to get reservations for BB around 7.30pm and select the later show of F!, as I think most younger families will have taken advantage of the earlier shows. Not an exact science I know, but I'm hoping the later session of F! may offer a less crowded atmosphere in the viewing section.
From what I've read, that is what you should expect. Hoping more report on their experiences here. Seems like most are going to the 9 pm show. The reason why I will try for the 9 pm show is to see the fireworks from that spot too but hear differing reports on how early you have to get there for the 9 pm show to get a good spot, plus the fireworks might get cancelled, so for us, the crowded 9 pm show might not be worth it compared to the 1030 depending on unpredictable factors. It's a crap shoot in a way but still should be awesome to see the show with a dining plan whether at the early show or later.

We found our spots at 8:20 for the 9:00 show and we were dead center about three rows back. By 8:45 almost all the spots were taken. But that being said there really isn't a bad spot in the entire area. They only thing that really affects your viewing is if a tall adult sits in front of your child. But everyone is kind of staggered so you would just have to scoot over a bit to see better. I've been when the seating was a free for all and twice with the dining package. I've sat in the back against the ropes and the middle but off to the side and this last time was dead center, center row. My view was great all threee times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter