• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
We did BB dining last night at 5:30 pm for Sat 9 pm show, and this remains my preferred way to view F!. We had time to FP Star Tours after dinner and also had FP for HM, but as we were on our way there, I noticed that many people were already seated in preferred dining at 7:45. Due to the number of people seated, I sent my family to the ride and headed down to the seating area, where I realized that the large crowd of people I saw from the walkway was actually for the Hungry Bear section, not BB. HB was almost full, RBT was trickling in, and most of the BB center front row was already taken, but the left center section (next to HB seating) was empty. I used our cushions to mark center rail seats for our family (put the kids on the rail and we adults sat behind them). People started filling in behind me around 8:10, and by 8:40, our section was comfortably full. The crowd was mostly adults, with very few children.

F! ended at 8:27 (loved the new show, though I do miss Peter Pan a bit) and fireworks started at 9:30, with crystal clear projections. We were warned that we could get wet sitting by the rail, but we did not, and the kids enjoyed having such a great view.

Of note, DH and I both ordered medium steaks at BB, and his came out nearly charred while mine was rare. They were sent back and the new ones were delicious. To compensate for the error, we were upgraded to the Premium experience and given 10:45 PM MSEP lanyards and FP's! Unfortunately, our kids were DONE after the fireworks, so I tried to give our FP's away to several different groups of people, but no one wanted or needed them! On the way out of the park around 10:00, we noticed that there was still plenty of seating for the parade on Main Street...

Just called dining to book our WOC dessert party for 9/28 and asked CM about RBT reservations for F!
He recommended getting something booked (BB would be our choice) and if we wanted to switch to RBT premium to keep checking back as they don't know as of now when it will be available.

Cross posting this on both the F! thread and GCH thread in hopes that someone knows the answer!

We planned a pretty last minute trip for the last week of August and we want to do RBT premium on one of the 4 nights we have available but preferably the first night (Aug 27) since that is the only night that there are also fireworks. I called Disney Dining but there were no spots available for any of our nights for the premium package. The CM on the phone hinted (strongly) that the front desk at GCH might be able to secure a reservation after we check in. Has anyone managed to do something like this?

Cross posting this on both the F! thread and GCH thread in hopes that someone knows the answer!

We planned a pretty last minute trip for the last week of August and we want to do RBT premium on one of the 4 nights we have available but preferably the first night (Aug 27) since that is the only night that there are also fireworks. I called Disney Dining but there were no spots available for any of our nights for the premium package. The CM on the phone hinted (strongly) that the front desk at GCH might be able to secure a reservation after we check in. Has anyone managed to do something like this?

I have seen in a lot of descriptions for things wth reservations that they mention a limited number of spaces are available to guests of the resorts. I didn't realize you couldn't book those ahead of time. I would think if it was booked up and they had so many reservations for guests you would be able to book ahead of time.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/priority-reservations-hotel-guests/

Last edited:

We found our spots at 8:20 for the 9:00 show and we were dead center about three rows back. By 8:45 almost all the spots were taken. But that being said there really isn't a bad spot in the entire area. They only thing that really affects your viewing is if a tall adult sits in front of your child. But everyone is kind of staggered so you would just have to scoot over a bit to see better. I've been when the seating was a free for all and twice with the dining package. I've sat in the back against the ropes and the middle but off to the side and this last time was dead center, center row. My view was great all threee times.
Touring Plans reported a low crowd level of only 4 out of 10 for 7-29. Did you go yesterday? Did it seem not very crowded for a Saturday in July?

We went yesterday (Sat 7/29) as noted in my post above, and the crowds were very reasonable. We arrived at the park at 5:00pm for our 5:30 dining reservation and had no wait for parking, no wait for security, no wait at the gate, and made it to Blue Bayou in about 5 minutes with 2 kids in tow. I checked MaxPass while waiting for our table and noted that there were still FP's avail for both Indy and Space Mtn around 7:30, which is a sure sign that the park isn't crazy.

For what it's worth, we are Signature Plus AP's and have definitely been enjoying the lower summer weekend crowds with AP blackouts and surge pricing, but a friend went on Tues 7/25 and said the park was packed.

My 60 days to book F! Is tomorrow!

For those who have been doing BB are you still getting the seat cushions with your regular reservation?

TIA!

We went yesterday (Sat 7/29) as noted in my post above, and the crowds were very reasonable. We arrived at the park at 5:00pm for our 5:30 dining reservation and had no wait for parking, no wait for security, no wait at the gate, and made it to Blue Bayou in about 5 minutes with 2 kids in tow. I checked MaxPass while waiting for our table and noted that there were still FP's avail for both Indy and Space Mtn around 7:30, which is a sure sign that the park isn't crazy.

For what it's worth, we are Signature Plus AP's and have definitely been enjoying the lower summer weekend crowds with AP blackouts and surge pricing, but a friend went on Tues 7/25 and said the park was packed.
There have been interesting crowd pattern this year to my chagrin - I went on days that were supposed to be low and were high and missed out on days that were low because they were supposed to be high!

We have never seen Fantasmic so I'm thinking of splurging on the BB package. When I called about it the CM mentioned a souvenir and a premium package but didn't seem clear on the details. Can anyone explain? Thanks!

Theres a seat cushion given with the package i know ive seen other sposting about and when we did the package at BB pre-refurb we got them also.
I know when we did the MSEP package we got a light up lanyard too but unsure if fantasmic is doing that.

The only premium package I'm aware of is the River Belle Terrace - where you can opt for an 8pm seating and actually have chairs at the restaurant to sit in for the show and they even have charging stations available.
The menu doesn't appeal to us but i like that option though rumor has it the restaurant is undergoing a long refurb after Sept. 4th or 6th so reservations may not be available after those dates,

At BB they call the Fantasmic/MSEP the premium upgrade. You would get tickets to the first Fantasmic show, second MSEP, a cushion, a light up lanyard, and a special glowy drink at dinner. It's $25 more that the regular Fantasmic package. Also only available until Aug 20 when MSEP ends. When I went guests could choose at the beginning of the meal if they wanted the premium upgrade. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it, but to each his own!

Edit: the Fantasmic package includes cushion. MSEP package includes lanyard and (I think) cushion.

Just got our booking for BB on 30th Sep @6.50pm and it has allocated us the 1st Show. Do they allow you to swap for the 2nd show? As we are only there the 1 weekend night we wanted to watch fireworks 1st then 2nd Fantasmic, and thought a later meal time might interfere with getting a spot in front of the castle.

Just got our booking for BB on 30th Sep @6.50pm and it has allocated us the 1st Show. Do they allow you to swap for the 2nd show? As we are only there the 1 weekend night we wanted to watch fireworks 1st then 2nd Fantasmic, and thought a later meal time might interfere with getting a spot in front of the castle.
The spaces right in front of the castle get all taken pretty early. You wouldn't have time to get from BB to the Hub in time. You may be able to find room at the other side of the Hub (so between Jolly Holiday and Plaza Inn); at least by that time the MSEP is no longer showing so not as many crowds would have gathered early, and the view is pretty good (though if you have kids they may have their view blocked by people standing).

As for the showing of Fantasmic, talk to your server. They are usually able to get you a pass for a later show.

Does anyone know when reservations open up? I stayed up until 2 a.m. Pacific time and they still weren't released.

At BB they call the Fantasmic/MSEP the premium upgrade. You would get tickets to the first Fantasmic show, second MSEP, a cushion, a light up lanyard, and a special glowy drink at dinner. It's $25 more that the regular Fantasmic package. Also only available until Aug 20 when MSEP ends. When I went guests could choose at the beginning of the meal if they wanted the premium upgrade. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it, but to each his own!

Edit: the Fantasmic package includes cushion. MSEP package includes lanyard and (I think) cushion.

Since MSEP will probably be gone when we go (like everyone else 9/30) do you think they will add another parade premium option?

I think it said online the times for reservations for BB being for different shows, I think after 7 was the second show. Call and I'm sure they can either change the show or change your reservation so it is the second show.

Does anyone know when reservations open up? I stayed up until 2 a.m. Pacific time and they still weren't released.

The release time isn't exact. So keep checking online throughout the day. I could not find a BB time for my date for what felt like forever. Then one day a cancellation popped up in the afternoon. Needless to say, I grabbed it! So don't worry if you don't get what you want immediately. Call, go online, and keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter