Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
Oh no, really?? It will be a Wednesday/Thursday :(
Historically it has only run on weekends in the off season (Friday to Sunday). Not sure if that will be different because this show is new and still in high demand (and MSEP is supposed to close in a few weeks), but it would certainly be a departure and there has been no indication that will be the case in November.

Oh no, really?? It will be a Wednesday/Thursday :(

When in November? When the holidays really get started around Thanksgiving week, the entertainment schedule steps up (usually). You would have a better chance of seeing fireworks and F! on a weeknight during the weeks of the 20th and the 27th. WOC should show every night as usual.

Sad day! I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it's popular enough for them to keep it around on the weekdays.

@theluckyrabbit we'll be there 11/15 and 11/16 so no go :/

No, they have serious crowd control in place. Benches blocking access so people its one-way traffic from the Hub towards Fantasmic and plenty of CMs directing traffic. People leaving that area are funneled out thru Adventureland. There is one path along the south side of Frontierland next to the shops where you can walk, but you still get funneled thru the adventureland archway. Then at the Hub, you have to walk down at least past the entrance to the Jolly Holiday to be able to turn towards Frontierland. No way for you to get thru the crowd to the Hub, up to Frontierland entrance, and over to BTMR before fireworks. During fireworks it's too risky to try moving around in those crowds!
Ack! That's so good to know. Not interested in Fantasmic but love BTMR during fireworks, now I know to route around the back way!

Ack! That's so good to know. Not interested in Fantasmic but love BTMR during fireworks, now I know to route around the back way!
Do BTMR during fireworks and then hit up Fantasmic for show 2! You could probably even hit MSEP parade 1: watch from Fantasyland (between small world and Matterhorn), then after the parade walk through back way of Fantasyland (past Red rose Tavern) to get into Frontierland and avoid the Hub!

Do BTMR during fireworks and then hit up Fantasmic for show 2! You could probably even hit MSEP parade 1: watch from Fantasyland (between small world and Matterhorn), then after the parade walk through back way of Fantasyland (past Red rose Tavern) to get into Frontierland and avoid the Hub!
:worship: Genius!

So, yesterday I did the RB Fantasmic Package and we got better seats than the BB crowd. I feel like consistency on where groups are sitting for the show hasn't really been a thing. My group was front and center. BB was to the left of center, and Hungry Bear was left of that. Also, the RB package seemed to be oversold for the 9PM show. I got there at 8PM to get a good seat and we were already 3 rows back from the front. CMs were encouraging people to show up only 20 minutes before the show, but the people who followed that rule ended up packed in like sardines in the back few rows of the area.

Anyway, the food was just okay. The kids' menu was lackluster for my kid with peanut, egg, and fish allergies, especially the dessert option, but it was worth it for the seats for F!

So, yesterday I did the RB Fantasmic Package and we got better seats than the BB crowd. I feel like consistency on where groups are sitting for the show hasn't really been a thing. My group was front and center. BB was to the left of center, and Hungry Bear was left of that. Also, the RB package seemed to be oversold for the 9PM show. I got there at 8PM to get a good seat and we were already 3 rows back from the front. CMs were encouraging people to show up only 20 minutes before the show, but the people who followed that rule ended up packed in like sardines in the back few rows of the area.

Anyway, the food was just okay. The kids' menu was lackluster for my kid with peanut, egg, and fish allergies, especially the dessert option, but it was worth it for the seats for F!

Did the BB section look packed too?

I think I read that APs get the discount but I also read reports from some getting the RBT package did not get the AP discount. For those of you with APs, did you get a discount on a Fantasmic! dining package?

Did the BB section look packed too?

Yes, it looked packed. Maybe not quite as much as the RBT section, but there were more people than I expected considering BB had been booked with regular dining before the packages were released. I was thinking maybe a bunch of people switched their reservations. It may have also been because people were given a choice of which show to see. It's possible too many people chose the 9:00.

I think I read that APs get the discount but I also read reports from some getting the RBT package did not get the AP discount. For those of you with APs, did you get a discount on a Fantasmic! dining package?

I was able to use my AP discount without an issue at RBT. It worked the same as it would for a normal meal.

Could you share what the allergy dessert option was for RBT for the Fantasmic package? Is it sorbet, like they have over at BB, or is it something different? I have a family member who may want to do the RBT Fantasmic package this winter, and we were curious what they offered, as it would likely be the same option for us (no dairy or egg). Thanks,

~Meg

Yes, it looked packed. Maybe not quite as much as the RBT section, but there were more people than I expected considering BB had been booked with regular dining before the packages were released. I was thinking maybe a bunch of people switched their reservations. It may have also been because people were given a choice of which show to see. It's possible too many people chose the 9:00.

I was able to use my AP discount without an issue at RBT. It worked the same as it would for a normal meal.
Thanks for the info!!! Maybe there were some uniformed CMs for those that didn't get their AP discount. Did the fireworks go off last night? If so, do you think being able to see the fireworks right after the 9 pm Fantasmic show makes it significantly better than the latter show? Trying to figure out if we should go for the 9 or 1030 show.

Could you share what the allergy dessert option was for RBT for the Fantasmic package? Is it sorbet, like they have over at BB, or is it something different? I have a family member who may want to do the RBT Fantasmic package this winter, and we were curious what they offered, as it would likely be the same option for us (no dairy or egg). Thanks,

~Meg

The allergy option for dessert at RBT was either the butterscotch pudding or a fruit plate. Obviously the pudding doesn't work with dairy, so that leaves you with a fruit plate. I'm not sure if they had something different to offer for adults, but that was what they could manage for kids.

The allergy option for dessert at RBT was either the butterscotch pudding or a fruit plate. Obviously the pudding doesn't work with dairy, so that leaves you with a fruit plate. I'm not sure if they had something different to offer for adults, but that was what they could manage for kids.
Thanks for letting me know...I was leaning towards steering my family member towards the Blue Bayou anyhow, but I know she was interested in the seats versus ground seating on the RBT premium package. I think she'd like the BB sorbet a lot better than the fruit plate! Will have to see how she is feeling as it gets closer to dining package availability time. Thank you for sharing!

~Meg

Does anyone know what the sustainable fish is at riverbelle terrace?

We asked, if I remember right it was artic char the day we were there last week. I think they just say "sustainable fish" because they switch them out, so it could be different on a different night.

When we were at RBT last week, we had to wait a while for a table as we wanted to sit inside. We were by the check in stand, and they were asking every person who had a regular reservation that checked in if they wanted the Fantasmic package or wanted to have the regular menu. They were also taking walk-ups and giving them the option of regular or Fantasmic. Everyone also had the option of which Fantasmic showtime they wanted. I don't know if BB was being given the opportunity to convert when they checked in, but if they are still doing that this week and doing it at both restaurants, I can see it filling up the areas.

Strange that they keep moving the seating around for the dining packages. We were all together last week, and the last time we did it before they shut down we did BB, but we were together with RBT that time too. I guess they are just settling in and tweaking things daily right now.

Thanks for the info!!! Maybe there were some uniformed CMs for those that didn't get their AP discount. Did the fireworks go off last night? If so, do you think being able to see the fireworks right after the 9 pm Fantasmic show makes it significantly better than the latter show? Trying to figure out if we should go for the 9 or 1030 show.

The fireworks did go off. If you go to the 9:00 show, you can stay in place for the fireworks. It's not the same view you'd get with the castle, but it's a close second and better than the view from IASM. I would choose the earlier show for this reason alone. No stress trying to get a good spot for the fireworks when you're already there.

Reactions: rlp
The fireworks did go off. If you go to the 9:00 show, you can stay in place for the fireworks. It's not the same view you'd get with the castle, but it's a close second and better than the view from IASM. I would choose the earlier show for this reason alone. No stress trying to get a good spot for the fireworks when you're already there.

I love how it's like a 2-in-1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter