Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
In regards to staying for the fireworks if you are at the first F! showing, how's the view? I am reading posts about "projections" - does this mean you don't actually see the fireworks in the sky, but rather on a screen or reflection on the water?
Thanks for any info!

In regards to staying for the fireworks if you are at the first F! showing, how's the view? I am reading posts about "projections" - does this mean you don't actually see the fireworks in the sky, but rather on a screen or reflection on the water?
Thanks for any info!
I'm guessing they mean the projections that they show on the castle during the fireworks would be projected onto the water.

Thanks for any info!
The view is pretty great, especially from down low. They activate the water mist screens and project images that match the fireworks (similar to how things are projected onto the castle). So during the Star Tours section, you see the Star Wars hyperspace view; during MSEP segment, you see floats, etc. It's specially designed for those water screens so is slightly different than the castle.

Fireworks are better framed in front of the castle, but if you can't get into the hub, then Rivers of America is a close second. They may also project onto Small World, but I haven't been over there that late recently

Fireworks are better framed in front of the castle, but if you can't get into the hub, then Rivers of America is a close second. They may also project onto Small World, but I haven't been over there that late recently

They do project on IASW. We watched there end of last month, and I loved that viewing spot.

The view is pretty great, especially from down low. They activate the water mist screens and project images that match the fireworks (similar to how things are projected onto the castle). So during the Star Tours section, you see the Star Wars hyperspace view; during MSEP segment, you see floats, etc. It's specially designed for those water screens so is slightly different than the castle.

Agreed. The hub is the prime spot for viewing the fireworks, but having the 1-2 punch of watching Fantasmic and then the fireworks shortly after is by far the best entertainment combo you could ask for. You do miss a few of the fireworks and fire effects that are sent out near the castle.

Where exactly is the check in for the BB viewing Area & are people still getting the seat cushions?

Has anyone done the BB premium package including Fantasmic and the MSEP and if so can you tell us how it flowed? Did you watch F!, MSEP, and then fireworks? Did you move to different areas and was it easy to know where to go?

Where exactly is the check in for the BB viewing Area & are people still getting the seat cushions?
Yes to seat cushions. I entered the reserved seating area by Haunted Mansion (the stairs in between the coffee stand and churro cart), as that is what my FP said to do. I did see a Dad and his son enter the area (with CM approval) from the center stairs area (near French Market) and some CMs allowed people to come in near Pirates, but most people did the HM entrance; they then sent us down the ropes off pathway at the back of the area and collected our passes when we entered our assigned section (my night all 3 dining packages were separate).

Has anyone done the BB premium package including Fantasmic and the MSEP and if so can you tell us how it flowed? Did you watch F!, MSEP, and then fireworks? Did you move to different areas and was it easy to know where to go?
I didn't do the premium BB package, but did observe how it acted.
1) watch Fantasmic, 1st show from Rivers of America
2) remain in that area for fireworks; there is no way to make it to the castle before fireworks as the walkways are waaay too crowded and there is only a 5 minute delay between end of F! And start of fireworks.
3) Make your way to flagpole at the train end of Main Street to check in with CM, then you watch the second MSEP from curb.

I guess in theory, you could try to get the servers at BB to give you a pass for first parade and second F!, but that isn't guaranteed. If that did work, you would end up seeing fireworks from end of Main Street (or however far you are able to make it up towards the castle, considering there will be plenty of crowds who had access to that area before you.

And honestly, I don't think you need to pay the extra $25 if all you want is reserved seating for parade. I went on a Saturday, so it would be expected that is going to be busier. There were plenty of curb seats all along Main Street after the fireworks, even though I had delayed leaving the Rivers of America area.

Thank you for the information. We are going to be there August 16-18. I was thinking that we may want the reserved seating since it will be the last days for MSEP and it is a major trip for us that we are not likely to do again and really want to see the shows and parade. We will only have 2 nights in parks so I made BB premium F! And MSEP reservations for the first night and WOC desert party reservations for the second night.

I hope the BB package remains through March. That's our next trip, and we totally want to do it. And we really want the seat cushions!

Thank you for the information. We are going to be there August 16-18. I was thinking that we may want the reserved seating since it will be the last days for MSEP and it is a major trip for us that we are not likely to do again and really want to see the shows and parade. We will only have 2 nights in parks so I made BB premium F! And MSEP reservations for the first night and WOC desert party reservations for the second night.
Even though it will still be close to the end date, the second parade showing should still be relatively easy to find good seats for. That's a mid-week with cheapest APs blocked out, so not as many locals. And people may actually be thinking about seeing it on the absolute last night, rather than a few nights before. If you want to be 100% sure, you can go ahead and get the upgrade (you can do it at the restaurant), but I still wouldn't pay the $25!

Is it possible to walk to Big Thunder after 9:00PM Fantasmic? I kinda want to do the fireworks while riding, but I have no clue if we can walk there in time.

Is it possible to walk to Big Thunder after 9:00PM Fantasmic? I kinda want to do the fireworks while riding, but I have no clue if we can walk there in time.
No, they have serious crowd control in place. Benches blocking access so people its one-way traffic from the Hub towards Fantasmic and plenty of CMs directing traffic. People leaving that area are funneled out thru Adventureland. There is one path along the south side of Frontierland next to the shops where you can walk, but you still get funneled thru the adventureland archway. Then at the Hub, you have to walk down at least past the entrance to the Jolly Holiday to be able to turn towards Frontierland. No way for you to get thru the crowd to the Hub, up to Frontierland entrance, and over to BTMR before fireworks. During fireworks it's too risky to try moving around in those crowds!

Hi all, short time lurker, long time fan. Just have one observation of those fabulous photos a few posts back. The front railing position looks wonderful, but would it be difficult to see around someone's pram if you're sitting on the ground? Should prams and strollers be allowed at all, or perhaps they should park along the rear of those sections for the convenience of all guests. I know it's late and kiddies get tired, but for the $$$$ it's going to cost our family of 6 at BB, I'd be pretty peeved if strollers and prams monopolize the waterfront...

Before the show starts, guests can have strollers/prams in the viewing section. Once the show is about to start, they are asked either to fold them up or to take them to the back of the viewing section.

Trying to keep on all the posts, but is there a consensus on whether it's worthwhile to arrive early for the RBT/BB viewing area, if sitting still for a long time is a challenge for my crew? It's sloped, right, so it's not essential to be along the railing -- which might block our view a bit anyway? Is it better to sit back a little? It sounds like there really isn't a bad seat?

Being back a little bit, like a few rows back, can actually be a good thing because it will give you a view just over the railing. We've viewed before right in front of the railing, several rows back, and standing in the very back row of the BB section. All views were fine. Or you can take turns sitting and holding your spots while someone else takes the kids to the restroom and to walk around so you don't have to arrive super early, but you don't have to be last to your section either.

Hi folks! First off, thank you so much to all who have posted such great info and photos- much appreciated :D

I need help with a strategy. My DH and I are going to be at DLR for just two days in November (1 day @ DCA, 1 day @ DL) so our time is very important, especially since the hours will be reduced (weekdays in the off-season). We really want to see Fantasmic with a decent view, but it doesn't have to be the best. How early are people lining up in the FP line or the HB line before the show begins? It seems like doing RBT or BB means you don't have to line up quite so soon, but there's the added time of doing a TS meal.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Hi folks! First off, thank you so much to all who have posted such great info and photos- much appreciated :D

I need help with a strategy. My DH and I are going to be at DLR for just two days in November (1 day @ DCA, 1 day @ DL) so our time is very important, especially since the hours will be reduced (weekdays in the off-season). We really want to see Fantasmic with a decent view, but it doesn't have to be the best. How early are people lining up in the FP line or the HB line before the show begins? It seems like doing RBT or BB means you don't have to line up quite so soon, but there's the added time of doing a TS meal.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
If you are planning on weekdays, is one of those a Friday? Because it's possible Fantasmic might only be showing on weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter