Fairfx - $1.99 at the moment

Just bought mine and got $2.001. :goodvibes

Also didn't have to go through a link from another site to get the card for free. Seems if you spend over £500 they don't charge you for the card.

Melissa x

Just bought mine and got $2.001. :goodvibes

Also didn't have to go through a link from another site to get the card for free. Seems if you spend over £500 they don't charge you for the card.

Melissa x

Excellent :thumbsup2 .Yes thats correct,if you can't afford £500 up front,others are best to go thru the Matalan site+you don't pay a fee for the card if spending under £500.x.

Aaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhh
I just cant believe why I done this :headache: :headache: :headache:
I deleted all my emails including the activation one from fairfx...
I have sent them an email
How stooopid am I??

We would want mainly cash, so would it be worth it for us? Also, are there cashpoints at Disney to get the cash from. Do you get charged only if getting cash?

We would want mainly cash, so would it be worth it for us? Also, are there cashpoints at Disney to get the cash from. Do you get charged only if getting cash?

There are cashpoints all over the parks as well as the resorts (I think...there was definitely one at BCV last time I was there). You're charged $2 for each cash withdrawal.

It appealed to me as a good alternative to carrying a lot of cash (which I'd be panicked about losing all the time) or travellers cheques which seem a bit of a hassle to me.

The upside for me was that it charged less for cash withdrawals than my debit card (I know the Nationwide current account has no charge for foreign ATM withdrawals, but I wasn't interested in opening a new account) and lets me take immediate advantage of a good exchange rate.

There are cashpoints all over the parks as well as the resorts (I think...there was definitely one at BCV last time I was there). You're charged $2 for each cash withdrawal.

It appealed to me as a good alternative to carrying a lot of cash (which I'd be panicked about losing all the time) or travellers cheques which seem a bit of a hassle to me.

The upside for me was that it charged less for cash withdrawals than my debit card (I know the Nationwide current account has no charge for foreign ATM withdrawals, but I wasn't interested in opening a new account) and lets me take immediate advantage of a good exchange rate.
Thank you. My main concern was not able to find ATM's at Disney, as we don't drive.

They have the same exchange rate for cash as well.

Most places at the Disney parks accept cards, even most of the ice creams and drink kiosks.

Thank you. My main concern was not able to find ATM's at Disney, as we don't drive.

I think they're mainly located at the front of the parks, so it might take a bit of planning if you only wanted to spend in cash for the day, but you definitely wouldn't have to leave WDW for an ATM.

Someone somewhere on the boards asked about ATM locations not long ago and I think a map was provided. If I see the post again, I'll post a link.

Milomummy-these machine things are a new way of online banking, and it'll happen with all banks eventually. I'm with Natwest and got mine a couple of months ago. Whenever I want to do anything online with my bank, I have to put my card in this machine, enter my pin, and it comes up with a code that changes every minute or so. Then I type it in online and I can transfer money etc.

Very annoying! lol

BTW, when did everyone get their card? think I ordered mine on the 15th? Can't remember now. I don't think I've had a confirmation email yet either. Just the activation one when I was registering.

Did you check your junk email folder you should have received the email straight away. I received mine in the week after i purchased it online.

I don't think I've had a confirmation email yet either. Just the activation one when I was registering.

I never received mine straight away-hubby had to take some of our spam filters off as they were too high to receive these emails.As soon as he done this the email came thru straight away.x.

Got my new activation email today and have stored it in a folder so that i won't delete it again!!!:rotfl2:
Just waiting for my card to come through now :)

Got my new activation email today and have stored it in a folder so that i won't delete it again!!!:rotfl2:
Just waiting for my card to come through now :)

:thumbsup2 .Make sure you don't throw the card away when you receive it :rolleyes1 .x.

Milomummy-these machine things are a new way of online banking, and it'll happen with all banks eventually. I'm with Natwest and got mine a couple of months ago. Whenever I want to do anything online with my bank, I have to put my card in this machine, enter my pin, and it comes up with a code that changes every minute or so. Then I type it in online and I can transfer money etc.

Thank goodness someone else knows what they are, nobody I have spoken to has heard of them, was starting to worry that I had been fobbed off! Do they just plug into the USB port then? I am not a technical whizz so the simpler the better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter