Fairfx - $1.99 at the moment

Got my card today! Put a bit more money on too! Little bit gutted, as I put some on just before 11am for 1.98, and seconds after it was completed it had gone up to 2.00! lol

Thank goodness someone else knows what they are, nobody I have spoken to has heard of them, was starting to worry that I had been fobbed off! Do they just plug into the USB port then? I am not a technical whizz so the simpler the better!

No it's just a little machine, you don't need to plug it in. It looks like a calculator. There's a slot in the top to put your card in, enter your pin, then a code comes up on the screen. This is the code you type in online on your banks site.

It *might* be a one off though, or maybe because it's still new, but I have been able to make transfers for the last few days without the code. :D

How long does it take to get the card once you've applied? We need to book us/ioa tickets & RPR for 1 night and thought it might be a good idea to use it for this.

I ordered mine on the 15th and got it this morning. So 7 days. And I ordered it late evening.

It says in the FAQ it takes 7-10 days.

i went to buy the alst to pay for the wedding and didnt incase it goes up but I'm not sure it will, the rate always tends to drop when kids are off i find

I oredered a pre paid tesco mastercard today, got over 2 dollars, I may be missing something but tesco seems by far the best deal.

I oredered a pre paid tesco mastercard today, got over 2 dollars, I may be missing something but tesco seems by far the best deal.

The only 2 differences i believe with these cards is Tesco card charge $4 per ATM withdrawl,Fairfx charges $2.I also believe the Tesco card have a higher minimum amount that you have to put on.x.

Yeah I saw the tesco one, but I know I'll be withdrawing smaller amounts of cash regularly rather than big amounts every few days. The whole point, for me, having a card is so I don't have to carry so much cash around.

I'd rather the slightly lower rate than having to pay over the odds to get my money out.

If you're only going to use it for transactions (shops, restaurants etc) then the tesco one is probably better though. I think they're both free for transactions? I know fairfx is, I'm just assuming the Tesco one is.

They are both fee free to use.Also i believe(and don't hold me to this)that the $2 rate for the Tesco card is just a special opening offer :confused3 .
I think $4 to use an ATM is pretty high.x.

The only 2 differences i believe with these cards is Tesco card charge $4 per ATM withdrawl,Fairfx charges $2.I also believe the Tesco card have a higher minimum amount that you have to put on.x.

Looking at the website the Tesco card has a minimum top up of $150 whereas the Fairfx card is only a $20 minimum so if you want to top up little and often the FairFx card would be better. On the plus side for the Tesco card is the fact that there is no issue fee for the card (however much you put on initially).

Interestingly both are issued by Newcastle Building Society.

Looking at the website the Tesco card has a minimum top up of $150 whereas the Fairfx card is only a $20 minimum so if you want to top up little and often the FairFx card would be better. On the plus side for the Tesco card is the fact that there is no issue fee for the card (however much you put on initially).

Interestingly both are issued by Newcastle Building Society.

Hi David,
If you go thru the Matalan site,you can get the Fairfx card for free if you only wish to put on under £500 :thumbsup2 .x.

Gutted - just went to order card & it's dropped to $1.965, going to leave it & see what happens.

I did the same thing went to order in the evening and the rate had gone down, checked again when I got to work the next morning and it had gone up again.

Not sure why or if has just been when I have been looking but if you check during normal business hours it's at it's highest, then evenings and weekends it seems to have been lowered down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter