EXPERIMENT: Ned Pin = Inferno! (finis... it means, the end)

Ok Goofy i didnt see any nemo chairs or pirate thrones on the list do you need some ? i will trade some for fireplace and present

pinkgalYall said:
So Krazy what is on the wants for the sorcerer hat?
Well PinkGal, I'm so very glad you asked... I hope you don't mind if I take this as an opportunity to speak more generally about my "wants."

I'm like you, I like for people to just tell me what they want. It's so hard to guess when they just say "make an offer." But the truth is there are no specific items that I want. That's because I'm not keeping any of this stuff. If I was just trading and not working towards a specific goal, there's a few things I'd take out of the list for myself right now.

But I do have a goal (Inferno) and so I'll accept any offer that I think gets me a step closer to that goal (even if it's a only little tiny step).

There are things in the list that people could seriously offer me just about anything for. There's stuff in the list that trades at just about every level so anyone could make an offer and probably get some stuff.

Because I don't have a specific "want list" I get the "what are you looking for?" question a lot. I totally understand that. So what I did was, I went to the VMK Wiki and browsed through their list of stuff. I picked out some things that interested me and I'll explain why I did. I'm not trying to give you a limited list of "wants" just some guidelines and some insight into how I think about things.

Buyables: I appreciate the offers but the stuff you can buy in the stores right now doesn't interest me much. The exception would be stuff that we know is going to go away and be rare later (ex: Santa Ears).

Codes: I'd really rather not. I've done one or two of these trades but it was when I knew I could replace the code myself if it didn't work for the person I traded it to.

Stuff that is already in list: If something in the list is not green then it's been there for at least two updates. I'm usually not as interested in getting more of the things that I already have, especially if they've been hanging out on the list a while. For instance, the Everest Mountian Chairs. I have two of them and they've been there for a while without any offers. I'm sure they will trade eventually but right now, I'm not so much interested in getting more of them.

Current Park Quest: I love this stuff. And if it gets retired when the Series 3 cards come out I'll love it even more. The only exception is the one above. I'm more interested in getting Park quest items that I don't already have.

Pins: I love pins too. Some examples of pins that I can trade again easily are the Hong Kong Disneyland set, Jungle Cruise Set, Haunted Mansion set, "Host" Pins and any Magic Pins.

Holiday and Limited Specials: I like these, especially the one's that are dated or are tied to a park event. Examples of dated would be Holiday 2005, Donald Duck 2006 Pin and the Tinkerbell Valentine's Day Pin. I like these because I don't think they are coming back (or if they do it's very limited). You can put the 50th Celebration stuff in the same category. The green director's chairs were only sold for a weekend and the 50th Celebration is over. Some people stocked up but I expect the demand for this kind of stuff to increase over time.

Retired Quest and Park Exclusives: Many quests that were retired this year were associated with park events making their return a little less likely. For example, Gold Mickey Ears, 50th Mickey Lantern, 50th Celebration Pin, 50th Director's Chair, Happiest Celebration on Earth Pin and Gold Monster's Inc. Doors.

Then there are the bigger items. That's the stuff that trades on a level above where I'm at right now. I really want to get some of these items and I understand that I'll need to combine some (or a lot) of my stuff to get them.

Very Rare Retired Quest: For example, Master Gracy's Clock, Pirate Insider Tour Pin, DLR Mickey Pumpkin, Gold Snowman. Why the Gold Snowman? Because the white one is on the VMK Splash screen like last month's Mickey Pumpkin, and the gold stuff was loosely associated with the DLR 50th celebration. My guess is white is coming back and gold isn't. Call it a hunch ;)

Currently available in very limited release: For example, The Traveling Stitch set, Sparrow Costume, Disney movie Rewards Home Theater

Beta: Beta is so tough to trade because it's so rare and then again it can come back into the game at any time. I'm not going to list them all it but obviously some trade better than others. The main consideration is if the item has been re-released. I like Pink Slipper Chairs but I'd really love to get a Pink Tiki Idol. I'm sure you understand the difference. The VMK Wiki has a great section on Beta (with release dates). I think there's a good sticky at the top of this board too.

So PinkGal (and everyone else), I hope that helps some. It's not meant to be an all inclusive list. There are a lot of items that I can easily trade again that I didn't put in the stuff above. So feel free to offer whatever you think is fair. This whole post is just to give people some ideas not to restrict what you can offer in any way.

Oh yeah the Sorcerer Ears., I think I have to be careful with those. I've tried trading for them myself in trading rooms before and people don't let go of them easily. I think those ears are probably one of the most valuable items I've had so far. They would be good to still have to trade for inferno so I'm not anxious to trade them off. I'm hoping the ears help me make a big move. :thumbsup2

That was a long and complicated peice, lol.
Ill let the hat be for now, capesh?
Dont worry, not that you are, but i will be offering on the pins in a little bit, but for now im not really playing as "myself";) So i will get back to you on those.

I just wanted to say that this is a great example of even the smallest items can lead to something great because you started out with a pin everybody gets free and got it all the way up to a huge list of items and hopefully soon, inferno. I know i would be looking at this if i had it, but sadly i don't. I think it is great you have a dream to get it and are working so hard for it. also that you are getting so much stuff for nothing. So Good luck with your list and i hope you get the pin soon.

Alphawazup

These are the items I am interested in:

Gold Ears
Magic Mirror
Animator's Desk and Stool
Tron Arcade Cabinet

These are the items I have to offer:

Furnishings

Aladdin's Flying Carpet Chair Color Purple (x4)
Baseball Base (x4)
Cactus Armchair (Quest) (x3)
Captain Nemo Chair Pink (x6)
Captain Nemo Chair Blue (x1)
Explorer's Carpet (x5)
Explorer's Suitcase Sofa (x5)
Frontierland Ace of Space Carpet (x8)
Gorilla Jungle Cruise Photo Safari Poster (x5)
High School Musical Piano (x6)
Hippo Rug (x4)
Huntsman's Heartless Hamper Color Pink (x7)
Kali Raft Couch (x6)
Prince Philip's Briarstone (x7)
Rhino Jungle Cruise Photo Safari Poster (x5)
Rocketship Couch Color Pink (x2)
Saddle Seats Sofa Red (x3)
Safari Lifestyle Collectiom (x4)
Stitch Teleporters (x7)
Thunder Mountain Teleporters (x5)
Wanted Poster (x4)
Well Chair (x3)

Costumes

Black Mickey Ears (x1)
Cowboy Hat (x1)
Cowboy Shirt Red (x1)
Cowboy Pants (x1)
Native American Boots (x1)

Pins

Adventureland Retro Pin (x7)
Blizzard Beach Pin (x1)
Bronze Mickey Part 2 (x2)
Castaway Creek Pin (x4)
Churro Pin (x1)
Fantasyland Castle Retro Pin (x7)
Fantasyland Quest Pin (x6)
Frontierland Quest Pin (x7)
Gold Oswald Part 2 (x2)
Halloween 06 Pin (from Maze) (x4)
Halloween Bat Pin (x2)
Halloween Pumpkin Pin (x2)
Halloween Quest Pin (x1)
Halloween Spider Pin (x2)
Halloween Witch Pin (x3)
Ice Cream Pin (x2)
Popcorn Pin (x1)
Pretzel Pin (x3)
Silver Mortimer Part 2 (x2)
Summit Plummet Pin (x1)
Tangaroa Tiki Pin (x1)
Thriller Seeker's Pin (x3)
Tron Bit Pin (x3)
Tron Lightcycle Pin (x3)
Tron MCP Pin (x1)
Tron Recognizer Pin (x3)
Typhoon Lagoon Pin (x1)

Let me know. Thanks!

pinkgalYall said:
That was a long and complicated peice, lol.
Ill let the hat be for now, capesh?
I didn't mean to discourage you from making an offer!

I had actually been working on that post for a couple of days. I had promised some people that I would post my "want list" with that list update. It just so happened that your question was there when I went to post it.

Perfect timing Pink! :thumbsup2

not to be mean, but my friend today tlod me about that paperclip thing, so i was like im going to that on vmk!!! i looked at this thread for the first time today, and what do you know, so plz dont be mad at me!

KrazyPete said:
Oh yeah the Sorcerer Ears., I think I have to be careful with those. I've tried trading for them myself in trading rooms before and people don't let go of them easily. I think those ears are probably one of the most valuable items I've had so far. They would be good to still have to trade for inferno so I'm not anxious to trade them off. I'm hoping the ears help me make a big move. :thumbsup2

I feel so privileged :rotfl2:

No discouragement whatsoever,lol. In fact do you think a host churro, and a host tron cycle pin would be worth a 50th quest pin? Not sure on the average of those.

Hey KrazyPete,

Sent you an offer maybe a week ago. I have not heard back. Just checking in. Let me know.

Thanks,
Disney Dreams

OK, I cut out a couple of hours to look at these offers and respond to them. Thank you all so much for being patient with me. :goodvibes

Sparkle_Cherry said:
Hey Pete, I'm interested in your Gold Penny Press, random number generator, turnstile and scoreboard.

I have to offer: HSM Piano, Pirate Well, Wanted Poster, Santa Hat, VMK Adventureland Quest Pin, VMK Fantasyland Quest Pin, Magenta Rocket, Captain Nemo's Chair Colour Pink.
Thanks for the offer Sparkle :)

Unfortunately, I have all that stuff except for the pins. The VMK web site shows the Gold Collection as retired. I'll do some more research but if the Gold Collection is really gone from the park then I'm probably not likely to trade it for stuff that can still be acquired either in the game or in the parks. Maybe someone reading this can confirm. Please feel free to make a different offer if you would like to.

ScooterJake said:
Heya Pete ... I have a pirate quest hat and a witch hat I will trade you for the bubble helmet, space vest and shoes.

Thanks Jake! Which "Pirate Quest Hat" are we talking about? The Bird Hat or the one with the eye patch?

Grumpy_Disney_Dad said:
Ok Goofy i didnt see any nemo chairs or pirate thrones on the list do you need some ? i will trade some for fireplace and present
Are you calling me names or did you get me mixed up with Goofy_Bob? ;)

I do want to move out the Christmas stuff but Nemo Chairs and Pirate Thrones can vary a lot in value. What colors are we talking about here Grumpy?

PrincessJen09 said:
These are the items I am interested in:

Gold Ears
Magic Mirror
Animator's Desk and Stool
Tron Arcade Cabinet
That was a very big list of stuff Jen! I did go through it though and here's what what I would like to get for the stuff but you let me know

For the Animator's Desk and Stool, I would like the Black Mickey Ears.
For the Magic Mirror I would like the Safari Lifestyle Collection and the Rhino Jungle Cruise Photo Safari Poster
For the Tron Arcade Cabinet I would like the Thriller Seeker's Pin and the Halloween 06 Pin

That leaves the Gold Ears. I would rather hold onto these for now unless I get a really good offer. If you would like to make a specific offer for these then please do. My previous post on what I'm looking for might give you some good ideas.

Let me know about the other trades too. Feel free to make a counter offer if you don't think what I'm asking for is fair. Thanks! :thumbsup2

pinkgalYall said:
In fact do you think a host churro, and a host tron cycle pin would be worth a 50th quest pin?
I think that's a very fair offer. :)

However, I've personally, had better luck trading the 50th pins I've had than the host pins. I'm going to say no, just because I'm afraid the Churro and the Lightcycle might hang out on the list and not trade quickly.

Disney Dreams said:
Sent you an offer maybe a week ago. I have not heard back. Just checking in. Let me know.

Sorry about that :blush:

I've picked two of those magic mirrors recently but if an offer in this post gets accepted then I'll be back down to one. For your mirror I'll offer:

Red Tiki Bamboo Carpet and Red Tiki Idol
OR:
Toontown Fireplace

If you don't like either of those then please let me know what you think would be fair. :teeth:

OK and Alphawazup... You've been doing a lot of trading lately trying to complete your pin collection. I'm not really sure if I have anything that you need anymore. If so just let me know.

Thanks for reading everyone! :thumbsup2

Stubborn today Krazy? ;)

Im interested in these things:
Happiest Celebration on Earth Pin (2)
Kali Couch
Magenta Rocketship Couch
TDL Miracosta Hotel Pin

Well i have 2 lightcycle couchs, but what do you think just one is worth from the above things, if anything?

lol sorry about that Pete I did get you mixed up with Bob. I think i have black and purple chairs but i hope to get more tonight. If the chairs arent good enough just let me know what would be fair for the christmas stuff

Heya Pete ... I have a pirate quest hat and a witch hat I will trade you for the bubble helmet, space vest and shoes.

Thanks Jake! Which "Pirate Quest Hat" are we talking about? The Bird Hat or the one with the eye patch?

the one with the eye patch that was in game quest prize :)

That was a very big list of stuff Jen! I did go through it though and here's what what I would like to get for the stuff but you let me know

For the Animator's Desk and Stool, I would like the Black Mickey Ears.
For the Magic Mirror I would like the Safari Lifestyle Collection and the Rhino Jungle Cruise Photo Safari Poster
For the Tron Arcade Cabinet I would like the Thriller Seeker's Pin and the Halloween 06 Pin

That leaves the Gold Ears. I would rather hold onto these for now unless I get a really good offer. If you would like to make a specific offer for these then please do. My previous post on what I'm looking for might give you some good ideas.

Let me know about the other trades too. Feel free to make a counter offer if you don't think what I'm asking for is fair. Thanks! :thumbsup2

I think that this offer is fair. Let me know when and where. :)

what could you get me for a 5* fireworks pin... i need to get a few items, so my experiment can get started, nobody is wanting to trade, so what do you think is fair?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter