• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Early Morning Magic tip

I was really looking forward to EMM being a surprise splurge (because Disney wasn't enough of a splurge!) for our September trip, but the only day it's available while we're there is also the only day available with AK EMH, and that's a priority for us on this trip.

I would have definitely been interested in this but for some reason they skipped the time we'll be there in Oct. Did they discontinued the HS version of this? That would be awesome.....though not sure I could take 5 straight rides on RnR.

They did discontinue the HS version. Im really disappointed because it got great reviews, and with a PH it would have made for a great breakfast and morning in HS, then an evening in Epcot.

You also receive a band that allows you to enter Pooh, Pan and 7D via the FP line till noon. This is a great deal if even you don't ride 7D 5x in a row during EMM.

No, that works when one of the rides is down during your EMM time.

We had 7DMT down and that really blew the EMM for us. It didn't matter we could ride until noon because we had FP+ in other areas of park and plans. It was too late to move some of them so we felt very short changed. We won't do it again.

NOTE: They didn't open anything extra unless you count the carousel but I heard that is often open. So we only had PP and Pooh ....... to ride until the end of our private hours.

I would have definitely been interested in this but for some reason they skipped the time we'll be there in Oct. Did they discontinued the HS version of this? That would be awesome.....though not sure I could take 5 straight rides on RnR.

They did, sadly. We loved the DHS one. But RnR was not part of it. TSMM, Star Tours, Olaf, Mickey, Minnie, Buzz & Woody plus breakfast in the ABC Commissary. It was great, they didn't even make you get off the rides. The breakfast was awesome, was better than MK.

Last edited:
Early Morning Magic is wonderful!!!! At first, I thought it was a little frivolous, but the time that you save and the food that you get, makes this "event" more valuable than a PPO character breakfast. During the hour, my family (DH, DS7 and DD4) managed to ride 7DMT probably about 8 times, Peter Pan twice and Winnie the Pooh once. We probably could've rode 7DMT about 4 more times, but I had to call it quits because I thought I was going to hurl.

We arrived at the gates by 7:25am, had awesome photopass shots taken in front of the train station with the rising sun, managed to score an awesome pin trade (a 2005 food & dine 1/2 marathon pin), let through the gates by 7:45 and were on the first 7DMT shortly after. There was a tiny bit of a line, but only about 1 car load worth of people, but by the 4th ride, it was empty.... after 1 ride, 7DMT doesn't seem like a big deal, but after 6, 7 and 8, I was wobbly. The kids loved it, but we needed to stop. I was ready for some protein.... but I knew if we stopped, then my plans of getting my daughter to be first in line for Elena would be ruined because my daughter eats so slow. So we rode the slower rides.....well, Winnie the Pooh was making me nauseous and Peter Pan was decent. We were first in line for Elena at 8:55am and were at Pinnochio's haus for the breakfast buffet by 9:10am. The breakfast was great...i was famished and was stuffing my face with french toast while going through the buffet line. There was vegetable quiche, bacon, pork sausage, chicken sausage, eggs, potatoes, fruit platters, juices and coffee....it tasted great!

This was way better than a character meal (you spend the same amount of money, but you get the run of Fantasy Land) hands down.

My only tip is to make sure you have a little something in your stomach before going for EMM whether it's a power bar or a banana....my one cup of coffee (thinking that i could last till 9am) was definitely insufficient.
HOW much is it now? I thought it was still much more expensive than say a PPO character breakfast at Crystal Palace. If it's around the same price, then I think our folks would rather do the early morning thing.

HOW much is it now? I thought it was still much more expensive than say a PPO character breakfast at Crystal Palace. If it's around the same price, then I think our folks would rather do the early morning thing.
Just looked and the magic morning is over double the price than Crystal palace character breakfast, so way too much for us.

They did, sadly. We loved the DHS one. But RnR was not part of it. TSMM, Star Tours, Olaf, Mickey, Minnie, Buzz & Woody plus breakfast in the ABC Commissary. It was great, they didn't even make you get off the rides. The breakfast was awesome, was better than MK.

We loved the DHS one too. We didn't bother with Star Tours since that line is usually not bad during the day in late August/Sept We did TSMM about 3 times, stopped to meet Buzz & Woody who waved to us to come in, back to TSMM until our arms hurt too much, without getting off in between, then we met Mickey/Minnie and Olaf. We had breakfast from 9 - 9:15. (It was delicious) THen headed over to RNRC and TOT, not too far behind the rope drop crowd. It was a GREAT day and I am very disappointed that it isn't still available. The addition of the characters was a big bonus. It would be awesome if the Princess tent opened 15 minutes early, or if they had a few characters out in MK -- how about Peter by his ride, Pooh & Tigger by their ride, and Snow White and Dopey by the Mine Train? That would make the EMM at MK perfect for us.

We have two dates planned, Tues 8/29 and Tues 9/5. If anyone has any specific questions that you haven't found answers to, please post them and I will try to post answers.

Last edited:
We loved the DHS one too. We didn't bother with Star Tours since that line is usuallt no bad during the day in late August/Sept We did TSMM about 3 times, stopped to meet Buzz & Woody who waved to us to come in, back to TSMM until our arms hurt too much, without getting off in between, then we met Mickey/Minnie and Olaf. We had breakfast from 9 - 9:15. (It was delicious) THen headed over to RNRC and TOT, not too far behind the rope drop crowd. It was a GREAT day and I am very disappointed that it isn't still available. The addition of the characters was a big bonus. It would be awesome if the Princess tent opened 15 minutes early, or if they had a few characters out in MK -- how about Peter by his ride, Pooh & Tigger by their ride, and Snow White and Dopey by the Mine Train? That would make the EMM at MK perfect for us.

We have two dates planned, Tues 8/29 and Tues 9/5. If anyone has any specific questions that you haven't found answers to, please post them and I will try to post answers.

The characters were huge for us. DS is disabled, loves Buzz & Woody but the setup there with a long line inside, always loud, always kids running around ... he can't handle it. So to be in there alone was worth the price. We told Buzz & Woody how special this was, and it was a great visit. And not be rushed with the others (and no line). CMs helped DS with his plate and got us drinks. Had a manager stop to ask us how we liked it then gave us FP+ to use later. It really was special and I'd do it again if they brought it back.

I also think characters added to MK would be huge, love the idea of the characters for each ride by them!

Super excited to be going to EMM in September !

Still unsure if we should try to ride BTTMR at 9 than hussle back for breakfast ?

I have a question about how to get there. So I know that I park in the parking lot and take the tram over to the TTC. So how early does the first monorail leave from the TTC to go to the Magic Kingdom? Its been a while since I been, but it seems like in the past that they had people roped off until a certain time when you could first load the monorail. It seems like what I'm hearing is that you are somehow able to ride the monorail way early, and get to the Magic Kingdom gates before 7:30am? And then once you are there, how do you prove to them that you are there for the Early Morning Magic?

Also, once you get in at 7:45, are you able to just freely stroll around the park at your own leisure and take pictures in front of the castle? Or are you ushered by a cast member directly to the ride area only? Thanks everyone for this awesome thread.

YMMV, but I've done two EMMs.... at one 7DMT was down when it started so they had IASW and Tea Cups running. The next EMM all three advertised rides were operating normally, IASW and Tea Cups were not open.

We are in the camp of those that go straight to BTMR at rope drop, then back-track to HM, then breakfast. I go via the Tangled restroom/HM path over to BTMR.... DON'T go through the castle/back to the hub.

Have fun!

Thanks for the specifics. Much appreciated!

I have a question about how to get there. So I know that I park in the parking lot and take the tram over to the TTC. So how early does the first monorail leave from the TTC to go to the Magic Kingdom? Its been a while since I been, but it seems like in the past that they had people roped off until a certain time when you could first load the monorail. It seems like what I'm hearing is that you are somehow able to ride the monorail way early, and get to the Magic Kingdom gates before 7:30am? And then once you are there, how do you prove to them that you are there for the Early Morning Magic?

Also, once you get in at 7:45, are you able to just freely stroll around the park at your own leisure and take pictures in front of the castle? Or are you ushered by a cast member directly to the ride area only? Thanks everyone for this awesome thread.

Okay, I'm not sure about your first question as we take the Disney bus. However, I watched the vlog someone referred to earlier in this thread, and they took the ferryboat at about 7 AM. They were the only ones on it. LOL. So, I think there's a good chance the monorail is not running yet, but the boat should be.

Once you are in at 7:45 you can take your castle pics no problem, but you probably won't be the only ones there, as that is when Main Street opens to all guests now. You will get a wristband for EMM when you enter, so then you go towards the left of the castle, and you will be let through into Fantasyland.

We took the bus to EMM, but there has to be a way to get there from the TTC. They have to have a way to get offsite guests to EMM and PPO breakfast.

There's a separate area for those doing EMM & PPO breakfast. They'll scan your MB to confirm your reservation and put a wristband on you.

You can absolutely get pics in front of the castle, but the only land you can access is Fantasyland. The other lands remain roped off until RD.

Thanks for this post! I hadn't seen anyone mention that IASW had been open during EMM so that's great to hear that it may be a possibility. Also, you're the first person that I've seen who chose to dip down to Frontierland to hit BTMRR and Splash and then hurry back for the breakfast (which is what I want to do). May I ask which path you took to get to Frontierland? Did you go through the castle and head west, or did you walk through Liberty Square along the water?

Hi DanielNYC. We went through Liberty square along the water. We finished EMM with IASW, then PP, so at 0900 we just went through Liberty Square and did BTMRR with no wait, then onto Splash. Unfortunately, just before we got in line, the train arrived and a large group went rushing into the Splash line just ahead of us. We got off at roughly 0950, and ran back to Pinocchio Haus just in time at 0957. There were actually a lot of people there, and the manager was in no hurry to take down the buffet at 1000. So it was a relaxing meal.
The last time we did EMM, we stayed in Fantasyland for rope drop, but this trip we realized that Frontierland (and I'm sure Tomorrowland as well) are also relatively easy to do at rope drop, and still have time to get back for breakfast.

Enjoy!!!

Super excited to be going to EMM in September !

Still unsure if we should try to ride BTTMR at 9 than hussle back for breakfast ?

We did EMM this morning (August 13). We rode PP 3 times, and then found 7DMT backed up. They worked out whatever the issue was though and we ended up riding it 3 times, Pooh 3 times, and then the Carousel. Park opened we went and did Buzz and Magic Carpets. Stopped and did pictures. Arrived back at about 9:50 for food. Absolutely no hurry for them to take down food; they were even restocking at 10. Instead of doing our waste of steps route would have been way easy to do Big Thunder and Splash before eating.

We also did the EMM at HS this past October. I liked this EMM at MK, if it opens for November will splurge and do it again but do think the addition of characters made the HS version more generally fun and definitely more magical. Adding a few characters around would be awesome!

Last edited:
Hi DanielNYC. We went through Liberty square along the water. We finished EMM with IASW, then PP, so at 0900 we just went through Liberty Square and did BTMRR with no wait, then onto Splash. Unfortunately, just before we got in line, the train arrived and a large group went rushing into the Splash line just ahead of us. We got off at roughly 0950, and ran back to Pinocchio Haus just in time at 0957. There were actually a lot of people there, and the manager was in no hurry to take down the buffet at 1000. So it was a relaxing meal.
The last time we did EMM, we stayed in Fantasyland for rope drop, but this trip we realized that Frontierland (and I'm sure Tomorrowland as well) are also relatively easy to do at rope drop, and still have time to get back for breakfast.

Enjoy!!!

Thanks. Good info! I also considered heading to Tomorrowland to RD Space (my favorite ride) and others in that area but my kids really like Splash and so I was hoping to RD it (plus BTMRR) hightail it back to breakfast and then surprise the kids with a second ride on Splash since we have a 10-11 FP for it. We'll see if my grand plan works!

FYI, for anyone who's been shut out of EMM because the event has sold out. I was just able to add an extra person to my reservation after trying for several days so don't give up! People do cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter