Early Morning Magic tip

Early Morning Magic is wonderful!!!! At first, I thought it was a little frivolous, but the time that you save and the food that you get, makes this "event" more valuable than a PPO character breakfast. During the hour, my family (DH, DS7 and DD4) managed to ride 7DMT probably about 8 times, Peter Pan twice and Winnie the Pooh once. We probably could've rode 7DMT about 4 more times, but I had to call it quits because I thought I was going to hurl.

We arrived at the gates by 7:25am, had awesome photopass shots taken in front of the train station with the rising sun, managed to score an awesome pin trade (a 2005 food & dine 1/2 marathon pin), let through the gates by 7:45 and were on the first 7DMT shortly after. There was a tiny bit of a line, but only about 1 car load worth of people, but by the 4th ride, it was empty.... after 1 ride, 7DMT doesn't seem like a big deal, but after 6, 7 and 8, I was wobbly. The kids loved it, but we needed to stop. I was ready for some protein.... but I knew if we stopped, then my plans of getting my daughter to be first in line for Elena would be ruined because my daughter eats so slow. So we rode the slower rides.....well, Winnie the Pooh was making me nauseous and Peter Pan was decent. We were first in line for Elena at 8:55am and were at Pinnochio's haus for the breakfast buffet by 9:10am. The breakfast was great...i was famished and was stuffing my face with french toast while going through the buffet line. There was vegetable quiche, bacon, pork sausage, chicken sausage, eggs, potatoes, fruit platters, juices and coffee....it tasted great!

This was way better than a character meal (you spend the same amount of money, but you get the run of Fantasy Land) hands down.

My only tip is to make sure you have a little something in your stomach before going for EMM whether it's a power bar or a banana....my one cup of coffee (thinking that i could last till 9am) was definitely insufficient.

Good advice! We did EMM at HS last trip and though I hated paying extra, it allowed us to check off a bunch of the Must Do items on the list. My kids still talk about the mini danish they had at breakfast.

Can someone tell me more about Early Morning Magic? I am not familiar with it. Is this different than Extra Magic Hours? How much extra do you pay? Is anybody eligible for it? Etc. Thanks so much.

Can someone tell me more about Early Morning Magic? I am not familiar with it. Is this different than Extra Magic Hours? How much extra do you pay? Is anybody eligible for it? Etc. Thanks so much.

You can go to the Disney page and search Early Morning Magic Fantasyland, but basically for a little over an hour before the park opens, you will have free reign of 7DMT, Peter Pan, Pooh, and the carrousel with no waits. A buffet breakfast at the Pinocchio Haus is included as well that you can eat any time between 7:45ish and 10. I think it's right around 79 per person, and anyone who has a ticket to MK for the day is eligible. They usually only offer it two days a week - Sundays and Tuesdays, or maybe Thursdays sometimes.

You also receive a band that allows you to enter Pooh, Pan and 7D via the FP line till noon. This is a great deal if even you don't ride 7D 5x in a row during EMM.

Just want to note that this was not the case when I went in May. The wristband only allowed access during EMM time.

It's been a few months since I've been there though, this may be a new practice.

You can go to the Disney page and search Early Morning Magic Fantasyland, but basically for a little over an hour before the park opens, you will have free reign of 7DMT, Peter Pan, Pooh, and the carrousel with no waits. A buffet breakfast at the Pinocchio Haus is included as well that you can eat any time between 7:45ish and 10. I think it's right around 79 per person, and anyone who has a ticket to MK for the day is eligible. They usually only offer it two days a week - Sundays and Tuesdays, or maybe Thursdays sometimes.

I think it's 69.99 for adults. I can't remember the kid price (my kid is still young enough to be free).

In short, it is a hard ticket event that allows you to buy an extra hour of time in Fantasyland. It is only offered on select days and is capacity controlled so that you really do feel as if you have the land to yourself. Breakfast is included to make the $70 price tag more palatable, (pun intended).

I would have definitely been interested in this but for some reason they skipped the time we'll be there in Oct. Did they discontinued the HS version of this? That would be awesome.....though not sure I could take 5 straight rides on RnR.

You also receive a band that allows you to enter Pooh, Pan and 7D via the FP line till noon. This is a great deal if even you don't ride 7D 5x in a row during EMM.
This didn't happen when we did EMM in June. I've only heard of people getting the wristbands when a ride (usually SDMT) has been down during EMM.

My only tip is to make sure you have a little something in your stomach before going for EMM whether it's a power bar or a banana....my one cup of coffee (thinking that i could last till 9am) was definitely insufficient.
We didn't actually go eat breakfast until 9:40, but we did stop by and pick up some pastries to go earlier in the morning so we could have a snack to tide us over.

I've done EMM three times (latest was in May) and this was never the case. Doing it again in a couple weeks, so I will ask if anything has changed.

I'm still unconvinced about EMM as our DC are 12-14 so a little past the incessant need to ride the rides in fantasyland repeatedly, lol. I'm glad it worked for you though and a very helpful review :)

We love this event and are going for our second time on TUESDAY!!! We actually book it because my 75 year old dad goes with us and loves to ride everything as much as he can :rotfl:Such a kid at heart :thumbsup2
It is nice because it gives him/us lots of space and lots of rides. We will book this event every annual trip as long as Disney keeps offering it. Expensive but 'worth it' for our family. :goodvibes

We didn't actually go eat breakfast until 9:40, but we did stop by and pick up some pastries to go earlier in the morning so we could have a snack to tide us over.

This is what we did, also, after seeing somebody here post it as a tip. It was so easy to stop in and pick up a little bite we could walk out with and just keep going. No reason for anyone to have to eat anything else before entering the park. Then 9:40 became the perfect breakfast time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter