DVC's Coming Soon: Poly & CR (Likely a hoax)

Pluto4Pres said:
I know this might be wishful thinking but the wording "coming soon" does not seem to fit some of those other scenarios.

Coming Soon! - Dining Plan? :confused3

Coming Soon! - New Billboard? :confused3

Coming Soon! - 100,000th Member? :confused3

Coming Soon! - New DVC at CR!!! :worship: :dancer: That's it!!!!

Looking at the picture in the thread Dvc Coming Soon Photo!!, it appears that the text "Coming Soon" will be gone once the "gift wrap" is gone and the billboard says whatever it is that it's going to say.

So it would never say something like "Coming Soon - 100,000th Member!" — but it could say something like "Now 100,000 Disney Vacation Club members. Learn how you can be one too."

I'm not predicting that the billboard will necessarily be about the number of members. It could be any DVC marketing pitch. But I really don't think it will be used to announce and promote a new resort that nobody will be able buy yet.

AMcaptured said:
If everyone is talking about the sign across from Bonnet Creek, we left BCV's yesterday at noon to go to the airport and there is a sign that says something about a secret being revealed but there was NOTHING about the Polynesian and Contempary on it, never mind any other resort. I hate to burst everyone's bubbles but as of yesterday at noon, I can report there was nothing like what is being described at that location.

If there was, I am living on a parellel universe.

I saw that same sign on Jan. 3. It said nothing specific, just "coming soon".

Horace Horsecollar said:
I'm not predicting that the billboard will necessarily be about the number of members. It could be any DVC marketing pitch. But I really don't think it will be used to announce and promote a new resort that nobody will be able buy yet.

I totally agree with this.

It was just wishful thinking because I noticed the date the new ride website will be up is the 16th of January.. Everest Website. Announce Jan 16th, ride site Jan 16- works for me. Sigh...don't I wish.

princessesrule4 said:
I thought they were turning the Contemporary South Wing into DVC and that is why it is being rehabbed! I also thought this had been confirmed!

The DVC rumor is for the North Wing (the wing closest to the Magic Kingdom). Another rumor is that wing will be demolished and rebuilt for DVC, not rehabbed.

We will be at the world next week. I will keep my eyes and ears open on all this. :wizard:

Sammie said:
Contemporary is going to happen and Yes they have plans to expand to other resorts.

As to the billboard it is not an announcement for expansion it is simply there to promote on property awareness of DVC.

Thanks for sharing Sammie -- I have watched your words here and you are right on the money---thanks again
:cool1:

CaliforniaDreaming said:
Any idea as to when the Contemporary Villas will open?

Now that I have not heard even a tidbit of info. I am not sure even at this time if DVC and Disney know when they will start construction.

Let's just say DVC at the Contemporary is at the stage that Eagle Pines was five years ago. :rotfl:

from allearsnet.com:
"LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 23, 2001--Disney Vacation Development, Inc., operators of Disney Vacation Club (DVC) -- Disney's innovative vacation ownership program -- announced today that it will expand its timeshare resort presence at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida (subject to obtaining necessary approvals) by building a seventh DVC property. This latest development for the growing Disney Vacation Club product marks the Company's largest ownership resort project to date.

The announcement heralds a time of exciting growth for Disney Vacation Club, which now boasts a membership of nearly 60,000 member families from over 60 countries.

The proposed 600-unit ownership development is slated to occupy a 61-acre site along the award-winning Disney's Eagle Pines Golf Course at Walt Disney World Resort. All rooms will feature either a pool, golf course or forest view. Initial plans call for the construction of a main Inn building encompassing a check-in area; accommodations; restaurant/lounge; theme pool with feature slide; retail space; arcade; common living room area and a health club, as well as Villa buildings containing vacation home accommodations. Development will begin this fall with an estimated opening in Spring/Summer 2004."

Sammie said:
Now that I have not heard even a tidbit of info. I am not sure even at this time if DVC and Disney know when they will start construction.

This goes along with what I was told last saturday. It will be the CRV, but construction has been pushed back. CRV will have a Community Hall and new pool.

With Phase III of SSR being built, Im sure they want to get more of that sold, because they are making changes to SSR based on member feedback which are going to cost more money.

LIFERBABE said:
This goes along with what I was told last saturday. It will be the CRV, but construction has been pushed back. CRV will have a Community Hall and new pool.

With Phase III of SSR being built, Im sure they want to get more of that sold, because they are making changes to SSR based on member feedback which are going to cost more money.

Thanks for sharing the info --

and I did find you in the point manuals :earsgirl:

erikthewise said:
from allearsnet.com:
"LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 23, 2001--Disney Vacation Development, Inc., operators of Disney Vacation Club (DVC) -- Disney's innovative vacation ownership program -- announced today that it will expand its timeshare resort presence

didn't 9/11 happen soon after that severely hurting the travel industry? seems like there were many Disney cutbacks after 9/11.

it was a tough time for many

several orlando hotels went under didn't they?

timeshares didn't get hurt by 9/11.

no the reason that Eagle Pines didn't get built was because Disney offered up Disney Institue for the DVC. and they jumped on it.

costs would be less because the interstructure was there already. It because SSR.

I think one day or another Eagle Pines will be built....but I want the Cont or even better the Polyn FIRST!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter