Click here for room layout

Sleeps up to four
Queen-size bed, plus full-size sofa bed
Flat-panel TV and DVD player
Wet bar, small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker
Private balcony
316-365 sq. ft. in Jambo House
366 sq. ft. in Kidani Village

I do not get this you merly that you were in a studio.

You do not get glass ware or pots and pans or real dishes they have always been paper BWV BCV all do the same thing and have for years.

Just like you do not get a washer and dryer.

You had glasses because the studio you stayed in was a lock off and someone had it as a two bedrrom and mousekeeping did not do there job.

Plain and simple it is not a big change you just took notice

How long have you been a member Dborges? The studios did have glasses and mugs before. In fact, if I remember correctly they even had small fiesta ware glass plates and bowls at one point. I don't know about the other resorts, but I know OKW did. They had lovely peach colored towels at one point too, but that was back in the early 90s.

In 2004 they had the glasses at SSR..

http://www.mouseplanet.com/sue_holland/sh040723.htm

One very nice feature of all DVC studios is the addition of a mini-kitchen area. While it would not be sufficient for cooking elaborate meals, it is perfect for a quick breakfast or reheating leftovers for a later snack. There is a sink, half-size refrigerator with small freezer, large coffeemaker, toaster and microwave. Four ceramic coffee mugs and drinking glasses are included, along with plastic utensils and paper plates/bowls. Dishwashing detergent is provided, as well as the initial package of coffee.

How long have you been a member Dborges? The studios did have glasses and mugs before. In fact, if I remember correctly they even had small plates and bowls at one point. I don't know about the other resorts, but I know OKW did. They had lovely peach colored towels at one point too, but that was back in the early 90s.

I just looked at the planner dated 2/99 bottom left hand conrer.

It states " Studio: wet bar, mini refrigerator,micowave oven,coffee maker,linens and a start up supplie of bath soap, towels,shampoo,and coffee.

Also includes tissues, paper towels, paper plates plastic silverware and dishwashing detergent.

I will try to attach a picture since I do not have a scanner

I know i posted 2 pages back..but we DID have ceramic coffee mugs(4) at SSR last week, but we had paper plates and bowls, plastic utensils..and no cups or glasses..lol ...the last time we stayed in a studio we had regular drinking glasses and ceramic coffee mugs as well.
And i do feel that is is a big deal and shouldn't just "let it go"...everyone in all the DVC resorts( and the others) using paper or nasty styrofoam is going to result in A LOT of added and unnecessary waste, and more money to keep replacing the disposible drinking cups. I guess this would mean that the small dishsoap and sponge will be gone too..thats great for those of us that do occasionally stay in a studio with young children..i guess we will have to bring dishsoap to clean sippy cups and bottles ( for those who use them).

I know i posted 2 pages back..but we DID have ceramic coffee mugs at SSR last week, but we had paper plates and bowls, plastic utensils..and no cups or glasses..lol ...the last time we stayed in a studio we had regular drinking glasses and ceramic coffee mugs as well.
And i do feel that is is a big deal and shouldn't just "let it go"...everyone in all the DVC resorts( and the others) using paper or nasty styrofoam is going to result in A LOT of added and unnecessary waste, and more money to keep replacing the disposible drinking cups. I guess this would mean that the small dishsoap and sponge will be gone too..thats great for those of us that do occasionally stay in a studio with young children..i guess we will have to bring dishsoap to clean sippy cups and bottles ( for those who use them).

SSR may not follow the same as BCV OR BWV OR WLV OR AKV. I do know that sometimes cup from a lock off get in to a studio.

How do i add a picture??

As oners we should be more comcerned with the losing of peeks like food discount park adminsion discounts and DDP discounts not Paper cup.

I was in a dedicated studio at BWV in December and we had glasses and ceramic coffee cups. It's a deluxe accomodation, they should include these.

I was in a dedicated studio at BWV in December and we had glasses and ceramic coffee cups. It's a deluxe accomodation, they should include these.

Such a simple statement, and so true!
Bobbi:goodvibes

The main issue I have with it is that at a DVC you are not getting daily maid service so there's no opportunity to replenish your cup supply. Even the cheapie Fairfield Inn's will give you a glass or mug to drink your in-room coffee or tea with.

It does sound like this is an over-reaction to whatever the hotel division faced. And it is a bad over-reaction since it creates more problems than it solves at DVC.

I predict a rethinking in the works soon, especially if members are flooding the complaints department.

SSR may not follow the same as BCV OR BWV OR WLV OR AKV. I do know that sometimes cup from a lock off get in to a studio.

How do i add a picture??

As oners we should be more comcerned with the losing of peeks like food discount park adminsion discounts and DDP discounts not Paper cup.

While it may never have been listed in the supply lists, DBorges, studios have ALWAYS, at least at OKW, been equipped with ceramic mugs and glass driniking glasses. There was never ANY disposables in the studios. If studios always were equiped with styro cups, there have NEVER been any in a studio I've gotten, and we've stayed in studios at least 25 times over the years.

Paper plates & bowls, yes, plastic silverware, yes. But ALWAYS ceramic mugs and real glasses.

Well, they had to pay for those new sheets somehow.

My big problem with this is, why not let the membership know first? If there is a cost issue, how about putting it to a vote with the membership. Something like "Dear Members Mousekeeping costs an extra ??? per year to take care of the glassware in studios, do you want to pay for it, or cut it and save the increase? Why does the membership need to find out about it on the internet?

I am sure mugs and glasses may not be important to everyone but it was what was displayed in the room when we all bought. At least it was for us at OKW. What's next, take out the televisions? How about losing one bed in a studio, think of the savings on washing linens? It would be cut in half. I know that this is a big exaggeration, but why not let the members decide what is important?

When the built the slide at OKW, which now requires lifeguards, they didn't ask the members and it costs more money for OKW.

I have had 12 studio stays in the last 2 years, some dedicated, some lock offs and always there were glasses and ceramic mugs. That would include: BWV, BCV, VWL, AKV and OKW. I'm not sure how many studios Dborges has stayed in, but obviously not enough. I'm sorry, but I'm suppose to be a "home" when staying in a DVC resort -- I don't drink out of paper products at home. I guess the members don't have a voice or did they think they could slip this in and we wouldn't notice. I'm off to the DVC site to send in my complaint too!

Actually, several years before the slide was built, they did send out a survey to some OKW members asking if there should be a pool slide (although the question included whether Dues should increase to pay for the construction) and the overwhelming reply was "no." So Disney proceeded to built the slide, at their expense, with the maintenance falling on the members...as is allowed in the POS.

My big problem with this is, why not let the membership know first? If there is a cost issue, how about putting it to a vote with the membership. Something like "Dear Members Mousekeeping costs an extra ??? per year to take care of the glassware in studios, do you want to pay for it, or cut it and save the increase? Why does the membership need to find out about it on the internet?

I completely agree with this, we all just received the newsletter with "old" news that has been broadcast to members in multiple ways, but there was no information on the upcoming changes to DVC like the studio going to disposables only, etc. :confused3

I think there are definitely some concerns about going to disposables, especially without daily housekeeping, but I also understand that it is bad PR now that the Hotel Industry has gotten caught taking shortcuts in the cleaning of these glasswares.

No kidding. Disney asks us to reuse our towels to not waste water and save energy and yet they now want us to throw away plastic glasses and foam cups! Won't be good enough and I'll be loudly complaining if this is what we find tomorrow!

While Disney likes us to believe they are trying to be green, I have always seen the re-using towels scenario to be a cost saving move on their part. Think of all the detergent, water, and manpower they save by convincing us that re-using towels is something Disney would like to do for the environment.

I completely agree with this, we all just received the newsletter with "old" news that has been broadcast to members in multiple ways, but there was no information on the upcoming changes to DVC like the studio going to disposables only, etc. :confused3

I think there are definitely some concerns about going to disposables, especially without daily housekeeping, but I also understand that it is bad PR now that the Hotel Industry has gotten caught taking shortcuts in the cleaning of these glasswares.

We have stayed in many resorts (including the Universal resorts in Orlando, and various resorts in Las Vegas) in which the maids have dishwasher racks of clean glassware and coffee mugs on their housekeeping carts which they use to replace the dirty ones with. Disney could very well do the same thing if they were concerned about sanitary drinking glasses. This is nothing but a penny-pinching cost-saving move by Disney. They saw an opportunity to save a few pennies by trying to pull a fast one on the members, and they took it. I find this extremely insulting to members that they would go the route of Motel 6 and expect us to be happy with foam cups. Next thing you know, they'll do the same thing in the larger units if nobody complains about this.

As it has been stated in the past, DVC is more concerned about generating new sales than taking care of the current members. This is just one more example of this.

I just sent an email to Member Satisfaction. My DH is quite upset about this as well so he will be sending an email of his own. He's usually a calm easy-going guy but this has ticked him off. He's English and there is no way he's going to have his afternoon tea in a Styrofoam cup! If this isn't resolved in time for our next trip, we'll be bringing our own mugs I guess. Ugh. As if I don't have enough stuff I need to remember to pack each trip!

Here is the contact info for Member Satisfaction:

DVCMemberSatisfactionTeam@disneyvacationclub.com

Or if you prefer snail mail:
Disney Vacation Club Member Satisfaction Team
200 Celebration Place 4th Floor
Celebration, FL 34747

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter