DVC studios - fewer amenities

I see this is to start this week. I'll just throw a ceramic mug in my suitcase.

I take it this applies to all studios, not just AKV?

I have sent an e-mail to MS.
Bobbi:mad:

Wonderful idea! I, too, love my tea and coffee in a regular mug. Styrofoam just doesn't do it. There's something cheap-feeling about a hotel that makes you drink beverages from paper and styrofoam.

I've since sent an Email to MS also concering this possibility.

I wonder if this isn't tied into the recent reports of mousekeeping at the Contemp and other places cleaning the cups with window cleaner and old towels that have been all over the national news the past few weeks. There aren't any dishwashers in those rooms, so how do they clean them?

I'll believe that when they stop putting glasses in the Contemporary rooms.

This is just DVC being cheap.

Anyway if you were worried about the cleanliness of the nonexistent glasses you could always wash them with the nonexistent dishwashing soap.

I wonder if this isn't tied into the recent reports of mousekeeping at the Contemp and other places cleaning the cups with window cleaner and old towels that have been all over the national news the past few weeks. There aren't any dishwashers in those rooms, so how do they clean them?

Housekeeping is not supposed to clean the glasses at any hotel. The policy is to bring them down to cleaning services - and they are washed in a commercial grade dishwasher - the glasses are replaced in the rooms with clean ones off their carts.

Using foam cups now instead of real dishware is just being cheap and irresponsible!

Well add this thread to the watered down Palmolive thread!!!

It's the little things that start to go first :sad2:

So they have gone they way of the place mats and pot holders. And the peach colored towels.

To think DVC will have those ugly plastic cups in common with a cheap motel.

This is insanity. Not very green, not "deluxe" and not nice. How can this be saving them money? This makes a studio stay even less appealing.

Has anyone voiced their concern over this to DVC? I will be happy to, but I have not personally experienced this. I think I will still send an email.

This change is probably a knee-jerk reaction to the news reports about the glasses in hotel rooms not being washed properly, but my question is this..... Since we no longer have glasses and mugs, but throw aways, is this going to increase membership dues? Someone has to pay for them. This is a question I would like to have an answer to.

I also think the members should have been notified of this change since when we purchased we were told that certain things were to be supplied in every room, be it a studio, 1 BR, 2BR or grand villa. There are lists provided noting what items are to be in the rooms.

think it is a reaction to the CR bad press too.

one that went over board.

especially the cups they are using - not green at all!!! paper would be better.

definitely cheap.

plus they only give you 4 - so you have to wash them.

think this is DVC way of forcing us who use studios - to either bring out own or have every meal in their restuarants. there by increasing their bottom line at our expense.

definitely want to know in writing from DVC why this change. It definitely seems like discremnation to me. wonder what is next in line for studio stays....

I'm appalled with this change! I've written to Member Services to complain!
I wasn't very happy with paper plates & plastic cutlery to begin with, but now that we no longer get proper glasses & mugs I just had to vent my feelings!!!
I mean, DVC resorts are Deluxe Villa Resorts that regular guests pay a premium for - only to find MOTEL 6 style plastic cups? If I were paying $250 - $400 a night, I'd demand the amenities & service that go with that price category.

An outraged DVC Member.

When we stayed in a studio at SSR last week we had all disposibles, except for coffe mugs. We did have dish soap and a sponge though.

When we stayed in a studio at SSR last week we had all disposibles, except for coffe mugs. We did have dish soap and a sponge though.

Maybe each resort is just using up whatever sponges/dish soap they have.

Bobbi

Ok I at BWV now and posted earlier about the change in my room and have been thinking about this, this morning I noticed the inventory sheet tape to the wall in the studio is now dated March 2 and there is no mention of mugs , it now says disposable cups....so I guess it is a change...this is not a good thing.
I also read the thread last week about detergent and mine is fine but I do notice it says "original" on the bottle and the stuff you get at home usually is Ultra and it is thicker...I do not think there is water added to the dish soap!!!!! They also replaced it when it was only less than half empty.:goodvibes

s

The e-mail I sent has been answered, but the issued hasn't been addressed yet.

Here's the reply:

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club Member Services. We appreciate your message. Based on the nature of your comments, I have forwarded your message to our Member Satisfaction team for further review. You may expect to be contacted again with regard to your message within 5 business days. Thank you again for writing. Sincerely, Larry Member Services | Online CommunicationsDisney Vacation Club

Bobbi:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter