DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

Just found this thread.

It's me
Marianne
DH
DS (9)
DS#2( 3)

At first my DH wasn't sure but I talked him into it! CC is always the highlight for us and my boys love the beach so 2 stops is a dream for us.

We're on Deck 9 midship. Last cruise was Deck 9 forward and we wanted mid ship so I was happy.

This will be the 6th cruise for DH and I, 5th for oldest and 2nd for youngest. I think we'll do 1 or 2 nights at WDW before and probably 3 or 4 after. Our boys don't start school until after labour day so timing couldn't be better.

Hi everyone!

My husband (John) and I (Tammy) will be on this cruise :)

This is our first member cruise. Has anyone else done a member cruise? Any suggestions?

Hi everyone!

My husband (John) and I (Tammy) will be on this cruise :)

This is our first member cruise. Has anyone else done a member cruise? Any suggestions?

Hi!:wave2:

I think the cruises are a bit more fun if you can get 1 "meet" in, maybe before the cruise. This year, a few of us will be meeting in the TOTW lounge at BLT. This way, we'll have some familiar faces to look for on the cruise. This worked for us on the January 2013 MC I was on as well.

Some of us are planning to meet for lunch, at Cabanas, the buffet restaurant on board, on the sea day during our upcoming cruise which is soon!:yay:

Also, if you drink alcohol, usually someone will organize a Mixology or some tasting for a private group through Disney. I have read reviews that they are fun, and worth it.

Don't try to do everything, but do read the Navigators and plan, but be flexible!:goodvibes

Join the Candy Exchange or a Fish Extender group!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Hi!:wave2:

Also, if you drink alcohol, usually someone will organize a Mixology or some tasting for a private group through Disney. I have read reviews that they are fun, and worth it.

Don't try to do everything, but do read the Navigators and plan, but be flexible!:goodvibes

Join the Candy Exchange or a Fish Extender group!

We did a private Mixology on our Alaskan cruise this past June. Had a blast. There were 38 of us.

I believe the second post of this thread is up to date with those going on the cruise (who have added themselves to this group);

The FE list is up to date as of 8/6 with those who have signed up.

We'll pass on the FE. We did it on our 2011 cruise and enjoyed it but we had 1 less kid and a lot less luggage then, lol.

YAY!!! I'll be on this cruise!!! SO excited!!
:wave2:Bobbiwoz!!

Yeah! We drove to Cape May passing the exit for York, and I thought of you and wondered why I've been missing you on the cruise threads.

Yeah! We drove to Cape May passing the exit for York, and I thought of you and wondered why I've been missing you on the cruise threads.

Been very busy! Either at Disney, on a cruise or working!!!

Been very busy! Either at Disney, on a cruise or working!!!

Sounds good!

Today was my last day teaching. I have worked as a Math adjunct at University of Cincinnati for 20 years. We hope to sell our Ohio house and move to FL. That last winter convinced me it is time to move!

Sounds good!

Today was my last day teaching. I have worked as a Math adjunct at University of Cincinnati for 20 years. We hope to sell our Ohio house and move to FL. That last winter convinced me it is time to move!

That sounds awesome!! We have to catch up!!! Can't wait for the cruise!!

Bobbie,

Congratulations on your last day of teaching. This is a huge milestone!

Thank you....I have taught math, full or part time, from 6th grade math in a middle school to college level courses for 46 years! These 20 years at University of Cincinnati have all been part time and that has allowed my hubby and I to do a lot of traveling. I am so glad, because it is harder for me to walk now.

I have a hard time walking now too. When I retire in Sept I am looking forward to getting away from a desk and moving around more.

Bobbi,

Congrats on an amazing accomplishment. And so jealous of your moving to FL in the future. It's something we've 'talked about' at times (never real seriously) but with grandkids two blocks away, I can't imagine moving now.

I retired from teaching 2 years ago. And now teach at home! Still can't walk!...and I have a knack for tripping over anything in my path!:lmao::laughing:

Oh my...good thing we are "tough!" You need a will to have fun!

We are on our way to visit 2 grandchildren....they live in Houston!

Others live in Lithia FL. We have not had the luxury of nearby grandchildren. My mom is in a nursing home in NJ, it was 12 hours in a car each way to visit her last weekend.

Bobbi

We will be joining you all on the DVC member cruise, it myself and my wife Carole, we live in Virginia and this will be our 3rd member cruise.pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter