dvc begging for referals

wow just got an email about referring family's to become DVC members and they will treat me to a special experience. they wont tell you what it is BUT it wont cost more then 120 bucks in the fine print. yeah so i am going to refer a friend to drop 20k and your going to give me a 120 dollar "perk" another FAIL by DVC copper creak must be selling great if they are begging for this. you would really need to make it worth my while to get me to "refer" a friend to this a probably i would not think about unless there were onetime points offered. i smell the desperation of DVC i think they are probably scrambling for sales....i was just on a cruise and they were BEGGING.....
Actually the value is "at least $120" meaning that is the minimum value.

As for them doing this, it is nothing new, they used to have a similar referral program when we first joined, except they would give you a Visa Gift Card or a Disney Gift Card for the referrals in the amount of $200-$400, as I recall it depended on several factors, such as how many referrals you provided. The problem is it turned out that this setup was illegal in certain states, so they had to stop it and work to find an alternative that was legal and/or get state laws changed, an example of this is:
Texas is listed as an eligible state but last I checked, we couldn't receive any real estate gift over $50. Could be an issue.
:earsboy: Bill
I would imagine that there is something in this program setup to accommodate this, maybe because it isn't a "cash" offer, but rather an experience.

Many of us have asked for a referral program to be put back in place for quite some time now, after all we do refer people and many of them join and we got nothing for it, at least this way we get a little something for doing so. Additionally, the other people get something extra as well.

I do tell people that resale can be cheaper, but there are disadvantages that come with that and they should make up their own mind if the disadvantages are worth the discounted price or not.

I would imagine that there is something in this program setup to accommodate this, maybe because it isn't a "cash" offer, but rather an experience.

I have asked Disney to clarify their inclusion of Texas.

:earsboy: Bill

I think the reward could be better. I understand they cannot give $$ but what about giving points. I just sat through a timeshare in Maui and if I had bought (I didn't) my brother in-law would have gotten 20,000 points - which is equivalent to about 2 nights at the resort.

I might be willing to refer someone to DVC direct if I got 2 nights worth of points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter