Dreams Really Do Come True! - Our Wedding Trip - Spring 2011

what a fab start to your disney-wed-moon trip - I am hooked and can't wait to read more, your family are so lovely :cloud9:

I'm so pleased your parents were very impressed with everything for you both, it sounds like you did a great job winning them over, but then again, after looking at the photo's, it wouldn't take much :lovestruc

And such a lovely touch from the servers at Jiko :flower3:

Looking forward to more :goodvibes

Hi Torsie!

I haven't been online in ages (house hunting, complaints, extended work hours and paperwork make Steffi a stressed girl!), so when I come back, I am so pleased to find your TR has been started!

What a beautiful start! I'm so glad your parents had been won over.and you had amazing views in AKL too! I'll start trying to convince DBF!

XxX

Oh wow, what a lovely start :goodvibes

I was getting all teary eyed when you said how your parents were talking about you making the right decision getting married in Disney World :lovestruc

I can't wait to read more!!

Another great installment Victoria. :)

I am so excited to read about the wedding. :)

I always dreamed of getting married at WDW, we had been there a couple of years before we got married and checked out the wedding pavillion and decided that we'd marry there, but then when I told my family they were really upset and circumstance (and pressure from other people) made me agree to get married at home. (Though I did get a PINK dress. :) ) My hubby has promised that we'll renew our wedding vows there one day, when our little girls are FINALLY old enough to go and remeber it, so I love readying wedding reports as I might get there too one day. :)

I'm glad that your parents were so supportive on your decision to get married at WDW, you're dad was right in saying you made the right decision. :)

I loved your pre-trippie and live trip report so was very happy to see that you've started your TR! Excellent so far :goodvibes Can't wait for the details of your big day! This is giving me my Florida fix for the day!

Absolutely loving your trip report, what a great first day! :cool1:

Thank you, Jen! :goodvibes

what a fab start to your disney-wed-moon trip - I am hooked and can't wait to read more, your family are so lovely :cloud9:

Awww, thank you. I'm very lucky to have them, and am SO glad they had a wonderful time!

I'm so pleased your parents were very impressed with everything for you both, it sounds like you did a great job winning them over, but then again, after looking at the photo's, it wouldn't take much :lovestruc

And such a lovely touch from the servers at Jiko :flower3:

Looking forward to more :goodvibes

Yes, I think it'd be hard for the WP and Floridian not to impress them, and our service at Jiko was great.

Hi Torsie!

I haven't been online in ages (house hunting, complaints, extended work hours and paperwork make Steffi a stressed girl!), so when I come back, I am so pleased to find your TR has been started!

What a beautiful start! I'm so glad your parents had been won over.and you had amazing views in AKL too! I'll start trying to convince DBF!

XxX

Hi Steffi!

Definitely try and convince your DBF on AKL - I'm more than happy to help! :lmao:

Oh wow, what a lovely start :goodvibes

I was getting all teary eyed when you said how your parents were talking about you making the right decision getting married in Disney World :lovestruc

I can't wait to read more!!

Aww, thanks izzie, I'll work on getting more up ASAP.

Another great installment Victoria. :)

I am so excited to read about the wedding. :)

I always dreamed of getting married at WDW, we had been there a couple of years before we got married and checked out the wedding pavillion and decided that we'd marry there, but then when I told my family they were really upset and circumstance (and pressure from other people) made me agree to get married at home. (Though I did get a PINK dress. :) ) My hubby has promised that we'll renew our wedding vows there one day, when our little girls are FINALLY old enough to go and remeber it, so I love readying wedding reports as I might get there too one day. :)

I'm glad that your parents were so supportive on your decision to get married at WDW, you're dad was right in saying you made the right decision. :)

Thanks for your message, and for reading.

We had a lot of pressure and people making us feel guilty about our decision. We felt like we were being pretty selfish a lot of the time, choosing a location abroad, but we had always said we'd never get married in the UK.

Jack wanted to get married in Hawaii and me in Vegas first of all, so WDW was actually a closer option!

My dress actually comes in a pink, and I was a little tempted, but I went for Ivory in the end as I knew I wanted pink flowers. :flower3:

MrsSparrow.. said:
I loved your pre-trippie and live trip report so was very happy to see that you've started your TR! Excellent so far Can't wait for the details of your big day! This is giving me my Florida fix for the day!

Yay! Glad you found it! More up soon! Hopefully I'll get time tonight.

A little update.

As I'm at work I won't have time to do an installment right now (fingers crossed I will tonight) but I thought I'd do a bit of an off-topic update.

You might have noticed I've got two new tickers!! YAY!

After any holiday I'm always desperate to have a new one to count down to, so on Friday I booked next year's trip.

Sadly not to WDW, but somewhere we love almost as much, La Gomera. It's the second smallest Canary Island, and is next to Tenerife. It's very spanish, very quiet and very hot. So we love it for 2 weeks lying by the pool reading!

Here are some photos of my parent's place that we stay at:

The living room of our apartment:

head02.jpg

Looking up to the apartments from the main pool, we're in the bottom most row. :)

head01.jpg

View of the main pool:

popup2.jpg

View down to the town we stay by, we're right on the edge of a cliff by the sea and town is down the hill on the beach. It's wonderful. :)

head03.jpg

View of Tenerife (and Mt Teide, it's volcano) from La Gomera.

head05.jpg

I know I must sound like the La Gomera tourist board, but it really is wonderful!! We haven't been for over 2 years now, and I'm really missing it. So I can't wait to be back! Dave and Karen are coming with us, so it'll be great fun. That way when Jack gets itchy feet and can't lay by the pool anymore him and Dave can occupy each other!

AND there's a WDW ticker.

It's for very far in the future, I know, but Jack and I (more me) wanted to have a date to work towards.

That's September 2014, as we loved MNSSHP and the low crowds. Also it'll hopefully mean we can take advantage of free dining.

I showed my Mum the ticker today and she has proclaimed that she's definitely coming with us, so it'll fun to have Mum & Dad with us for a bit longer. Although they will probably just have a week at WDW and then head off to Anna Maria Island as they have a timeshare there.

I can't imagine Jack will consider staying anywhere other than AKL, which suits me fine, but I might ask if we can have a night or two at the GF. ;)

Who knows.......the new GF DVC might be up by then!

Congratulations :goodvibes

I am joining in late but have really enjoyed the story so far and looking forward to more

It must have been wonderful to share such a lovely time with your family and friends

Late to the party, as usual. But so glad I saw a post of yours on another thread. Love, love, LOVE! your TR's. Glad I found them in a relatively short time, as well. I don't think I could've gone years between your Engagement, Planning & Wedding TR's. hehe!

Love your report. Everyone looks so happy in your photos. Great build up to your wedding day. :goodvibes

La Gomera looks lovely, I remember years ago being in Tenerife and saw the ferry that heads over to the island.

Hi Torsie

i have been checking back every couple of days to see if you had started this report! V excited!!

can't wait to get to the big day!!
:hippie:

Yay! You've started your trip report! :yay: I can honestly say I've been so looking forward to reading it (I've read your other ones and they're amazing!) Glad I've found it early enough so not too much catching up to do! :laughing:

Great report so far (as expected of course :thumbsup2) can't wait to read more!

OMG!! I am loving your TR so far!! I haven't read one in awhile and I forgot how great it is to read about our DISbrides experiences...

Great job! You had me in tears (or your dad did anyway) when he said "guys, you made the right choice"...it's so nice when your whole family is on the same page as far as the magic goes! :hug:

Can't wait to read more! Don't make us wait too long! popcorn::

OH! And we're already planning our next trip and it's not until Nov or Dec '13! We'll be using points too, so at least we can book it 11 months away! LOL...

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom - Part 1

Another early start!

The six of us staying at AKL all met in the lobby at 8.15am after breakfast in our rooms and headed along to the bus stop.

217441_10150545927555084_821450083_18250889_6771549_n.jpg

Mum and I are huge Fit Flop fans, and they did us well on this trip, a little Flip Flop love while we wait for the bus...

221707_10150545927770084_821450083_18250893_260258_n.jpg

We didn't have a long wait at all, and were at AK in plenty of time. We were meeting Janey and Neil (Jack's sister and her husband) before the gates, so we went through bag check and checked out the Rainforest Cafe and took some pictures while we waited for them to arrive on their bus from Pop.

216032_10150545927940084_821450083_18250898_6834762_n.jpg

Soon they arrived and we joined the line for the turnstiles.

We'd not seen the little opening show before and quite enjoyed it.

207607_10150545928605084_821450083_18250913_1245342_n.jpg

Once the rope dropped we joined the majority of other guests and headed through to the Safari.

We hadn't decided whether to get a FP and do the trail before riding the Safari or to just get in line, but we had a little vote and getting right in line won, so that's what we done.

We hardly had to wait at all, maybe for 2 trucks to leave so it was a good decision. :)

221872_10150545929375084_821450083_18250933_8228524_n.jpg

We had a pretty good Safari and saw lots of animals. :)

This is going to sound a bit snobby, and it is, but does anyone find that AKL really spoils you? Like people go mad on the safari for the giraffes and ankoli and stuff, and Jack and I are always glad to see them, but kind of like "hmm, we get a better view at the room"....bad, I know!

217232_10150545929860084_821450083_18250944_7959704_n.jpg

Anyway, the benefit of the safari is you get to see amazing animals up close, we had a great view of the elephants:

217567_10150545930305084_821450083_18250951_4998020_n.jpg

After the Safari we headed on over to Everest, the park was feeling really busy (AK always does though) and I wanted to either ride early or grab some FPs for later.

When we got to EE the line was already close to an hour and fastpasses pretty much the same time, so we grabbed some and headed back on ourselves to go and do the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

Here was where we all got a bit over excited from all the Disney magic.....

It was 9.40am, and you know how hot AK feels, and there was 5 minute wait for Kali River Rapids, and I said how it'd be kinda fun as we would all be able to sit together.

So we got in line!

We walked the whole way, and still when we saw the riders before us getting off didn't stop to see just how wet they were, we just kept on laughing and heading onto the ride!

We got in our boat, with two other riders, a couple from maybe South America who were in high spirits, like us, until we approached the hill at the start of the ride......

1.1291770088.1_kali-river-rapids-ride.jpg

I think we all suddenly realised what we'd just signed up for!

The ride was SO much fun, we all screamed our heads off and laughed until we couldn't breathe, really really great, especially seeing the water hit my Mum, then the way she would freeze for a couple of seconds before screaming, hilarious!

We all got pretty wet, but I got absolutely SOAKED! Jack and Dad were really badly shivering by the end of the ride, it was still pretty early!

We got off, and stood in the sun for a bit and then did the jungle trek, which everyone loved. The tigers were all sleeping pretty close to the glass, which made me happy as my Mum loves all cats, so she had a great time.

I'm afraid no photos as we were all pretty soggy, and opening my bag wasn't on my agenda until I was dry!

After the trail we were all a little less wet, maybe soggy instead, the monkeys were being really noisy about something - if you've never heard them it's really unusual and amazing.

This is a video I found of them on youtube taken by somebody else.

So while everyone stop and watched them for a bit and re-applied some sunscreen, Janey and I took the opportunity to nip to the loo.

As I was washing my hands I looked down and they were a really funny colour....I said to Janey and she agreed that it was strange, I had pretty much gone grey.

I then looked up into the mirror and realised it was the underside of my arms, and my armpits and my chest too!

Kali had made my new top run (brown cotton with black animal print) and all of the black dye was on me!!

I scrubbed as best I could, but it wasn't budging....I then had a little panic (I'm getting married in 2 days!!!) before we headed out to the group to show them and have a laugh about it. (Still a little panic....)

Next up....was my Mum brave enough to ride Everest?

Another great day. Yes akl really does spoil you! I have not been on the river rapids since I got married in wdw in dec2000 due to a major soak lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter