Do you think Disney has lost all hope when it comes to the Oscars?

Do you think Disney has lost chances at the Oscars?

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it would've been nice to see Halle Bailey's version of Part Of Your World be nominated for Best Song.
It was not eligible. It is an existing song. The category is best original song. The song has to be a completely new song, not a new version of an existing song.

<other animation studios are stepping it up>

And Miyazaki isnt done yet !!! :))

By the way, everyone, I discovered something great recently: Max (formerly HBO Max) has a whole slew of Miyazaki movies. I've recently watched "Kiki's Delivery Service" and "My Neighbor Totoro" and plan to rewatch "Howl's Moving Castle" and maybe "Spirited Away." (I'm watching the English-language versions, but they're also available in the original Japanese.)

Max also has a bunch of Kurosawa movies; I watched "Rashomon" the other night. (They used to only be available on the Criterion Channel, with some on library services such as Kanopy.) So between those offerings, "Tokyo Vice," and "Shōgun," I've been getting immersed in the Japanese language recently!

By the way, everyone, I discovered something great recently: Max (formerly HBO Max) has a whole slew of Miyazaki movies. I've recently watched "Kiki's Delivery Service" and "My Neighbor Totoro" and plan to rewatch "Howl's Moving Castle" and maybe "Spirited Away." (I'm watching the English-language versions, but they're also available in the original Japanese.)

Max also has a bunch of Kurosawa movies; I watched "Rashomon" the other night. (They used to only be available on the Criterion Channel, with some on library services such as Kanopy.) So between those offerings, "Tokyo Vice," and "Shōgun," I've been getting immersed in the Japanese language recently!

Yep !!! "My Neighbor Totoro" DS fave !! And "Ponyo" !!!

My mom and I saw My Neighbor Totoro when my dad bought the video version for us to see and we were enchanted by the cute story and the version we had was the VHS 20th Century Fox version released in 1994 and we loved it so much that for Christmas we got the Disney version of My Neighbor Totoro on DVD. And I think if Disney made really cute stories in the style of My Neighbor Totoro for future movie ideas they would win tons of Oscars. But what I think has made Disney lose hope in winning Oscars is that people expect movies to be made in the animation style of Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty and since computer animation is now huge in movies these type of movies seems to win Oscars every year

<<since computer animation is now huge in movies these type of movies seems to win Oscars every year>>

"The Boy and the Heron" won this year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter