Do Not Disturb Gone! (BLT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are chipping away at our privacy. Where does it stop? What's next? Cameras in the room?
When we went to Disneyland Paris, they had metal detectors and x-ray machines to scan luggage at the front door. And I was very fine with that. And along with x-ray to enter the parks.

Entering the room is a complete invasion of privacy. I don't have kids that nap, but I would be pissed if I just got my kids down for a nap and someone starts knocking on the door saying I need to come in. I am sure they will work out the bugs. And what happens if you have the bolt on and they come knocking. Do you HAVE to let them in? What are the hours of operation for this? We sleep in sometimes, so will they start knocking at 8AM?

It’s a huge leap to go from this to Nazi Germany. And anyone who went through that era would be appalled at the correlation. The horrors of that era simply cannot be compared to Disney accessing rooms in their hotels. I’m not happy about the new policy, but people need to be more respectful.

I don't think his point was that the new policy is in any way close to the horrors of the past. I think it was more to say that people should pay attention to what is happening and where it could lead so the horrors never happen again.

I have to wonder who is going to perform all of the security checks. If Disney is having a hard time hiring enough staff to clean rooms how are they going to have enough staff to do checks on every room every day?

is she? I'm not sure the new policy really will bother people to the extent that I find it intrusive and unnecessary. I think I'm in the minority.

Ok so you stayed up until park close the night before and you get in very late. You decide to sleep in or let's say your not feeling well. I guess you will ok with them knocking on the door at 8AM wanting to get into your room. Good morning sunshine.

Ok so you stayed up until park close the night before and you get in very late. You decide to sleep in or let's say your not feeling well. I guess you will ok with them knocking on the door at 8AM wanting to get into your room. Good morning sunshine.

I assume you are speaking to me - we had housekeeping do that last trip, before this policy.
8 am at Poly, we were still laying around. She knocked, I got up and opened the door, she saw us in pj's and apologized right away and came back later. Amazingly, we still had a great day.

So no, it didn't bother me.

Being woken up is not the end of the world. It just isn't. It is, at most, annoying.

I don't particularly like this policy. It's worthy of an eye roll, to me. We liked being DVC and not getting daily housekeeping as we prefer not to have people in our room. But it's "their house" and their rules, so I'll live with it. Frankly i would be ok if a CM walked in on me butt nekkid in my room (whether it was a man or a woman). It would be the stuff of legends...the kind of story we'd love telling for years after. I'd feel badly for the poor Cm just doing his/her job LOL.

I assume you are speaking to me - we had housekeeping do that last trip, before this policy.
8 am at Poly, we were still laying around. She knocked, I got up and opened the door, she saw us in pj's and apologized right away and came back later. Amazingly, we still had a great day.

So no, it didn't bother me.

You are not being fair. If you didn't put up DND that's your fault.
But you didn't HAVE to let them in. Sounds like this new policy is for your security. You can't tell them to come back. They are coming in.

Being woken up is not the end of the world. It just isn't. It is, at most, annoying.

I don't particularly like this policy. It's worthy of an eye roll, to me. We liked being DVC and not getting daily housekeeping as we prefer not to have people in our room. But it's "their house" and their rules, so I'll live with it. Frankly i would be ok if a CM walked in on me butt nekkid in my room (whether it was a man or a woman). It would be the stuff of legends...the kind of story we'd love telling for years after. I'd feel badly for the poor Cm just doing his/her job LOL.

That's wonderful if it works for you, it doesn't have to work for me.

You are not being fair. If you didn't put up DND that's your fault.
But you didn't HAVE to let them in. Sounds like this new policy is for your security. You can't tell them to come back. They are coming in.

We may or may not have, I actually have no idea, still wouldn't have bothered me. :)

I said before, we only go to WDW every few years, if they want to come and glance in my room even while I'm in there, I'm not going to worry about it. If we are planning to go soon and I read all these (true) horror stories about it? Sure, then I'll be more concerned.

Some people are concerned, some aren't. Such is life.

gotcha
question? do you see any potential to no longer have unintruded privacy in the form of do not disturb and the stated policy that staff will enter every room every day? does that feel like a loss of freedom to you? or no big deal. and if no big deal then where is the line for you if you don't mind me asking...

My knee jerk reaction is that I don't really care, mostly a non-issue from my perspective. If they want to check my room every day, so be it. I go to Disney for theme parks, for entertainment, for leisure, and for family fun. On the surface, this policy doesn't seem to impact any of those, so I'm more indifferent than anything else.

Like most, I am curious to see and experience for myself how this actually gets implemented. Who is doing the checks, what time, if the "Off to Neverland" door hanger is taken into consideration, etc, etc. Still a lot more questions than answers so part of me will reserve full judgement for now. I do still have children of napping age, so I'm curious to see how that pans out over a larger body of work/real-world experiences.

I can see why folks who value more privacy might not like this policy. They're not wrong, just like I'm not wrong in not being too concerned. Just different perspectives.

I have a trip planned soon at a resort where this is now in effect, looking forward to experiencing it for myself just to get a better sense of how this will work.

We may or may not have, I actually have no idea, still wouldn't have bothered me. :)

I said before, we only go to WDW every few years, if they want to come and glance in my room even while I'm in there, I'm not going to worry about it. If we are planning to go soon and I read all these (true) horror stories about it? Sure, then I'll be more concerned.

Some people are concerned, some aren't. Such is life.

I am glad you are so relaxed about this and that is fine for you, but not for me.

I can see why folks who value more privacy might not like this policy. They're not wrong, just like I'm not wrong in not being too concerned. Just different perspectives.

Thank you for stating this in such a respectful way. I do value privacy and am quite upset about this policy. It doesn’t make me wrong just as it doesn’t make you wrong.

My knee jerk reaction is that I don't really care, mostly a non-issue from my perspective. If they want to check my room every day, so be it. I go to Disney for theme parks, for entertainment, for leisure, and for family fun. On the surface, this policy doesn't seem to impact any of those, so I'm more indifferent than anything else.

Like most, I am curious to see and experience for myself how this actually gets implemented. Who is doing the checks, what time, if the "Off to Neverland" door hanger is taken into consideration, etc, etc. Still a lot more questions than answers so part of me will reserve full judgement for now. I do still have children of napping age, so I'm curious to see how that pans out over a larger body of work/real-world experiences.

I have a trip planned soon at a resort where this is now in effect, looking forward to experiencing it for myself just to get a better sense of how this will work.
thank you for your honest response

That's wonderful if it works for you, it doesn't have to work for me.

Lots of stuff Disney has done lately didn't work for me. It isn't changing, so the key to success (and my vacation enjoyment) is to find a way to make it work for me. The alternative would be for us to not go...and that ain't happening LOL. You gotta do what's best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter