Do Not Disturb Gone! (BLT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean...I guess I'm the minority. In the grand scheme of my life, this is less than a microbe on a microbe on a head of an amoeba on a (microscopic) pinhead.

Did you read the other thread? The person barely knocking and walking right in as a woman bathed her children, and not stopping when she asked him questions?

Or the other potential issues of someone sleeping while a spouse leaves the room, making the latch impossible? Strange person walks in on sleeping person?

Or the reality of them simultaneously starting this *while having a new policy of canine pets being allowed in rooms*?

This isn’t going to end well, and it’s utterly nonsensical to begin with. It’s the ultimate in security theater and its going to result in some combo of 911 calls, a shooting (and it’s FL where strong precedent has been set for the shooter to get away with it), a dog escaping, a dog biting, a dog escaping then biting...

Did you read the other thread? The person barely knocking and walking right in as a woman bathed her children, and not stopping when she asked him questions?

Or the other potential issues of someone sleeping while a spouse leaves the room, making the latch impossible? Strange person walks in on sleeping person?

Or the reality of them simultaneously starting this *while having a new policy of canine pets being allowed in rooms*?

This isn’t going to end well, and it’s utterly nonsensical to begin with. It’s the ultimate in security theater and its going to result in some combo of 911 calls, a shooting (and it’s FL where strong precedent has been set for the shooter to get away with it), a dog escaping, a dog biting, a dog escaping then biting...

Yes I read. I think I'm watching mass hysteria unfold in front of my eyes.

Disney entering people's hotel rooms is not the reason I'm afraid for humanity. :)

And let's not forget once it's public knowledge ... that guests are to expect daily visits and to let these folks inside .... anyone with an ebay account can obtain a Disney costume, arrive, knock and be let inside .........

Makes me thankful we are in Fort Wilderness in our motor home - NOBODY walks in on us there! That would be totally unacceptable to me in the hotels. The 'Welcome Home' they give you upon arriving at the hotels now would be a total joke - who accepts that type intrusion in your own home?? :eek:

How would anyone know that the 'strange man' was indeed security??? People sleep, shower, dress, leave older children in room at all hours at Disney - would you ever feel secure again? Enough to freak anyone out and give you nightmares!! There must be a better way - a charge against Disney waiting to happen - people expecting privacy and being walked in on! :(
You bring up a good point, wonder how they'll implement these new procedures at the Fort.

@Farro I appreciate that you are not bothered by this at all. Please respect the fact that there are many people who have had terrifying experiences with strangers and unfortunately know that the unthinkable does happen.

Actually no. I won't stand for people being prematurely accused of such disgusting things. It's ridiculous, inflammatory, and it's going way too far at this point. Staring at naked young children, imitating cast members with fake uniforms, walking in on women in the shower. I'm sorry, it's how I feel and it's sad I'm alone in this.

Across multiple threads, my outlook is sad. I'm done with this.

Last edited:

Most, if not all, of the problems would have been solved by throwing the latch. We all need to be vigilant about doing so.

If someone walked in and didn't stop when told, I would definitely be visiting the resort manager.

Just a side note, but in our experience, the cash DVC rooms do not get service every day even though you are supposed to. We've stayed at almost every DVC resort on cash through Disney and it's a total joke. Yes, we call, they pretend they didn't realize we were cash, blah blah blah. We've given up and we put out the....DND sign and just call for our own towels and toiletries when we need them and do a quick pickup ourselves. We find it much easier.

Anyway, so I'm ok with this policy if this means that they come and do some housekeeping while they are at it ;)

If you booked a 25% discounted cash room through DVC, you don't get housekeeping.

If you book the same room through CRO, even with a larger discount, you get housekeeping.

I don't quite get it, as you are paying cash in either situation, but been through it with Member Services and it's been the case for as long as I've been a member.

If you booked a 25% discounted cash room through DVC, you don't get housekeeping.

If you book the same room through CRO, even with a larger discount, you get housekeeping.

I don't quite get it, as you are paying cash in either situation, but been through it with Member Services and it's been the case for as long as I've been a member.

We always book through Disney, not DVC

That is weird though!

Yeah well good luck keeping that level of security! You’ll be up next no doubt.

I can handle tighter security, but they definitely won't have a key to our motor home. If they have a reason to search inside, it will be with our permission, and we'll be there, and they'll have a warrant!

Have been reading up on hotel/guests rights. From what I can find they 'must' knock and be given permission to enter, not just knock and come in. Also, to search your room, they must have a reason to suspect illegal activity. They aren't supposed to just walk in when they like.

If I were staying at Disney in a hotel now, I would definitely research this further. It would not go well if someone came in 'just to look'.

I’m upset about this because I’ve seen how housekeeping works. They put a cart in front of an open door while they are in the next room with the door closed. They’ve been doing this for years, at all the Wdw resorts I’ve been to, and even at the Grand Californian.

Can you elaborate on this? Housekeeping will open your door and keep it open, while they are in a totally different room? I've never noticed this...but then again I'm not usually paying attention to how housekeeping is doing things. I would be really unhappy to hear that my door was sitting open and that someone could just walk in and take something.

Actually no. I won't stand for people being prematurely accused of such disgusting things. It's ridiculous, inflammatory, and it's going way too far at this point. Staring at naked young children, imitating cast members with fake uniforms, walking in on women in the shower. I'm sorry, it's how I feel and it's sad I'm alone in this.

You're so not alone lol. No use in arguing about it though.

The question to all of this is how much time are they giving people to respond to the knock on the door before they stroll in? There has to be a proper procedure in place that cannot fluctuate. I mean, why can't they knock, yell out, ROOM CHECK, and then knock again then START to enter, not barge right in.

Last edited:
Wow. I am so disturbed by this new policy. I have a disabled child who is a "runner." Someone opens the door and he could be gone. Not to mention, we do daily naps. A knock and yelling "Don't come in" would wake up my kids. This may be what gets us to stay offsite. I bought DVC partially because I hate having maids come into my room. I already emailed Disney and Ali hope others do the same. I am so uncomfortable with this that I reqlly may consider selling my DVC points.

You're not alone I agree with you. I think the security checks are an invasion of privacy, but I'm not paranoid. I've read some pretty silly things on here from kids being molested to dogs being poisoned. I may not like the way world is changing, but I'm not worried about being harmed by security guards or housekeepers.
When you think about it we have no privacy anymore. If the NSA wants to spy on me they can do it anytime the want. I don't like any of it, but there's not much I can do about it.

This is an honest question, but are these Security Room Inspectors armed? In the unlikely instance that they do stumble upon some crazy, do they just get killed?

I doubt they are armed. They would probably just get killed.

I wonder if they have some sort of wireless silent alarm system they can use. I work in a secure area of a secure office. So there is a silent alarm panic button at reception, and one at my desk in case they make it back to where I work. Ours dial 911 immediately, but they could set it up to dial anyone they want, I would think. I think if I were the person entering the room, I might want some way to get some back up quickly if there was an issue (with a dog or a person, or whatever). A cell phone might take too long in an emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter