• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Do Male Disney Fanactics Exist?

Oh to be in my 30's again. There appears to be plenty of single Disney princess: on the boards in their 30's but not so many in their 40's. :rolleyes1

Don't give up! There are a few of us in the 40's as well. princess: come in all ages. Some are just more willing to share their age than others. We fortysomethings can be a shy bunch you know.

Then, of course, there's the question of compatibility. I mean, I'm a deluxe/DVC 10 day trips at least twice a year, so I don't know how well I'd mesh with a value loving weekender (and there's no compatibility with a peak season crowd lover). Then there's the whole counter service vs table service thing to consider. Is it better to match up with someone who qualifies for two discount codes or three? Oh the decisions!

I'm glad the OP started this thread. It gives a person hope!

Don't give up! There are a few of us in the 40's as well. princess: come in all ages. Some are just more willing to share their age than others. We fortysomethings can be a shy bunch you know.

Then, of course, there's the question of compatibility. I mean, I'm a deluxe/DVC 10 day trips at least twice a year, so I don't know how well I'd mesh with a value loving weekender (and there's no compatibility with a peak season crowd lover). Then there's the whole counter service vs table service thing to consider. Is it better to match up with someone who qualifies for two discount codes or three? Oh the decisions!

I'm glad the OP started this thread. It gives a person hope!

Don't worry Fla4Fun, I am not giving up hope, nor am I getting discouraged. I was merely noting that women in their 30's appear to be helping their chances for finding their Disney Prince by listing their age. Although I think listing your age range is smart as well.

I agree with you about the compatibility of each person's Disney lifestyle is important as well. Thanks to my DVC membership, and SW, I am able to get down to WDW a couple of times as year. And my princess: needs to understand that as well. Not to mention my love of golfing at Disney. :cool1:

I am optimistic that in :hourglass , we will each find our princess: or pirate: .

They're so many of us single Disney lovers out there... from all around! We should all meet at Disney ha! ha!;) if you believe anything can happen!

My husband will be 55 in January and I have never seen a "bigger" kid in my life. The man walks around the park in his Eeyore ears. And last year, he found a t-shirt (which I of course then bought for him) with Pluto on a leash that says: "I'm well trained...just ask my wife." As soon as he retires, he wants to work at Disney.

My husband will be 55 in January and I have never seen a "bigger" kid in my life. The man walks around the park in his Eeyore ears. And last year, he found a t-shirt (which I of course then bought for him) with Pluto on a leash that says: "I'm well trained...just ask my wife." As soon as he retires, he wants to work at Disney.

that must be so cute to see ha! ha! and congrats on your 25th wedding anniversary... hope you get to spend it at Disney!

Hello all male DISers. 55 yr old (straight) male Disney guy here. Moving from upstate NY to the 1st exit to Disney off I-4 towards the end of October and will be buying an AP and going every day (God willing). Do I like Disney?? What do you think? ºOº

I want to thanks everyone for reading and participating in the thread I started!!!:goodvibes I have met so many nice people (men and women)!! It is great to know that "Someday our Prince (or Princess) will come"!!

Keep writing and listening and we will all end up with our very own Disney Fanatic!! :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo: :love: :cloud9:

I'd really like to know how you convert a DH to enjoy Disney. As you can see by my signature we've been to FLA many times over the years and very few of those at Disney. He's all for going to the Gulf Coast but mention Disney and its.. do we have to? He was really thrilled when I told him I made reservations for Christmas at Disney this year lol. He said great are we going to the Gulf coast and driving over to Disney for a day or two.. ummmm not exactlyyyyyyyyyy.. lol we're staying at POP unless I upgrade Dec 23-31. Wont he be pleased??? lol He says he plans on going to Epcot and Magic Kingdom for our sons birthday (dec 29) but after that we can find him at the Cigar bar at DTD. He's in for a heap of surprises because he's NOT going to be there all the time. I just wish I could turn him into a Disney fan like I am. He loves the Disney movies, loves the kids having fun there. But would rather spend a week or two on the beach at the Gulf coast than at Disneyworld.

I'd really like to know how you convert a DH to enjoy Disney. As you can see by my signature we've been to FLA many times over the years and very few of those at Disney. He's all for going to the Gulf Coast but mention Disney and its.. do we have to? He was really thrilled when I told him I made reservations for Christmas at Disney this year lol. He said great are we going to the Gulf coast and driving over to Disney for a day or two.. ummmm not exactlyyyyyyyyyy.. lol we're staying at POP unless I upgrade Dec 23-31. Wont he be pleased??? lol He says he plans on going to Epcot and Magic Kingdom for our sons birthday (dec 29) but after that we can find him at the Cigar bar at DTD. He's in for a heap of surprises because he's NOT going to be there all the time. I just wish I could turn him into a Disney fan like I am. He loves the Disney movies, loves the kids having fun there. But would rather spend a week or two on the beach at the Gulf coast than at Disneyworld.

What does he like doing at the beach? Is it the walks along the shore? Fishing?

I'm thinking that maybe he needs to be introduced to some of the recreational pursuits outside the theme parks. Except for pool hopping (which isn't allowed) you can use the recreational facilities of any of the resorts no matter where you're staying, so if you want to go horseback riding or biking at FW, no problem. Fishing in Bay Lake? No problem. My dad was never a big Disney fan until the first time we stayed on property (when I was finally old enough to foot the bill and got to pick the hotel). He went into it with the attitude of "why waste the money" and came out "how soon can we go back?" For him, it was the fishing expeditions and renting boats at the marina, and relaxing in a lounge chair by the lake (we were staying at CR). We just needed to find "his" Disney World to make him a fan.

I too am a big Disney Fan, I have been to all 11 Disney Parks World Wide (last September, all 11 in 6 weeks) Been to Disneyland 5 times, WDW 4 times, Tokyo Disney Resort Twice and HK and Paris Once. I am Coming to Mousefest via Disneyland this year.

I am 38 and single but………I am geographically impossible. I live in Sydney Australia. And I think the US is a nice place to visit but :rolleyes1

I too am a big Disney Fan, I have been to all 11 Disney Parks World Wide (last September, all 11 in 6 weeks) Been to Disneyland 5 times, WDW 4 times, Tokyo Disney Resort Twice and HK and Paris Once. I am Coming to Mousefest via Disneyland this year.

I am 38 and single but………I am geographically impossible. I live in Sydney Australia. And I think the US is a nice place to visit but :rolleyes1

Welcome to the Dis... Wow, you love Disney!! How was Paris and Tokyo Disney? Weird??? hey! Nothing is impossible... I'm sure you'll meet someone that loves to travel and of course loves Disney!!!

He likes walking the beach or just sitting in a lounge chair watching out into the Gulf. He does like fishing also.

I dont know if I'm a disney fanatic YET, but working on it. I'm much more interested in the parks / attractions etc then the movies etc etc (I like those too of course). Just something about the shear massiveness of WDW just has me in awe. And how (normally) it all flows so smoothly.

Hello all male DISers. 55 yr old (straight) male Disney guy here. Moving from upstate NY to the 1st exit to Disney off I-4 towards the end of October and will be buying an AP and going every day (God willing). Do I like Disney?? What do you think? ºOº

I don't think I could do what you are doing.

I love Disney and all, but I cannot stand the heat and humidity (it's bad enough in the Chicago region.) I know, I know, "That's why God made air-conditioning!"

I just don't think I could live down there.

But, that being said, I'm happy for (and somewhat jealous of) you! :)

debbiet1, what does hubby like to do at home? I'm sure you can find something fun to do at Disney too. There's so much to do over there. Did he see the recreational part of the planning disc.. maybe he will click with something... Good luck...
Where are you from exactly? Right now I'm at my Sister's place in Gatineau, Qc... As for I, I leave in a small town, Rouyn-Noranda, Qc... Soooooo far away from my dream place, WDW... But working on moving to Ottawa sometime in the future.

We live on just under 600 acres so we spend a lot of time outdoors. He likes fishing, hunting, jumping on the 4 wheeler going thru the property checking on things. No we dont have farm animals. He spends a lot of time splitting our firewood for the winter.. I'm about an hour from you right now. We're in a little town called Ladysmith. Which is MUCH smaller than Rouyn lol

Debbie, at least you're near Ottawa... I'm back home now... a long 6 hours away from my secure place...
Back to reality with the divorce proceedings etc.... What a mess! How my heart desires to be in Ottawa and leave a wonderful life there!
Someday... I just have to wait 2 years and I'm going to be there ha! A nice surprise for EX-Hubby ha! ha!

Yes... we are around. I'm 28, and finishing up a divorce now... all my female friends try to remind me "don't mention Disney" if I am meeting a woman, LOL. I just got a Jessica Rabbit tattoo if that gives you an idea :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter