Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Question: a friend I are staying in a 4-occupancy room for our week-long stay. A friend needs a place to stay for just two nights. Can we add her just for those two nights? We're willing to pay the fee for an extra adult. She won't need DME - there's no dining package, no park tickets associated with the booking.

We have a one night stay in a Princess room next weekend. We're transferring to Pop after that and will need to have our bags sent over. Does anyone know how early bag services open?

We have a one night stay in a Princess room next weekend. We're transferring to Pop after that and will need to have our bags sent over. Does anyone know how early bag services open?

Bell Services is open 24 hours a day.

Question: a friend I are staying in a 4-occupancy room for our week-long stay. A friend needs a place to stay for just two nights. Can we add her just for those two nights? We're willing to pay the fee for an extra adult. She won't need DME - there's no dining package, no park tickets associated with the booking.

Just let them know at the front desk on the day she arrives, if you feel the need. They may charge you or may not, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Andre

Just wanted to share my excitement with as many ppl as possible. I’m staying at the Boardwalk Villas now with rented points and just used a bounce back offer to stay at POR in September. I visited the resort yesterday and it looks beautiful.... can’t wait. To stay there!

Anyone there now, and happen to have the February recreation guide? Thanks so much!

Me again with another room request question. :wave2:

I've made requests before for just my family in one room without a problem, but this time we have a group of 13 in 5 separate rooms. I plan to send in a fax listing all 5 reservation numbers and requesting we all be near each other in Alligator Bayou. I'm checking out the resort map to see if there is a specific area/building we should request besides just Alligator Bayou.

Our 5 rooms consists of:
King Bed Room for 2 adults 1 child
King Bed Room for 1 adult 1 child
Garden View Room for 2 adults
Garden View Room for 2 adults 2 children

I was thinking of requesting either building 16 to be closer to the South Depot and main buildings or a building closer to the West Depot. We are going to be there 3/31 - 4/6, so Easter break time. Thoughts?

party:Hey guys!

27 Days until my partner and I come back to POR from the U.K!!

We first came two years ago and stayed in a preferred room in the Bayou. Absolutely loved it! I think we’ve watched every single DFB video (pretty excited!!)

This time we have decided to stay in a Royal room (Garden View). I have a question about requests if that’s OK?

I’d like to ask you guys what are the best requests to make when staying in a Royal room. We are fine with a 10/15 minute walk to the food court. Be great to know which building is best etc!

Thank you!!

Last edited:
party:Hey guys!

27 Days until my partner and I come back to POR from the U.K!!

We first came two years ago and stayed in a preferred room in the Bayou. Absolutely loved it! I think we’ve watched every single DFB video (pretty excited!!)

This time we have decided to stay in a Royal room (Garden View). I have a question about requests if that’s OK?

I’d like to ask you guys what are the best requests to make when staying in a Royal room. We are fine with a 10/15 minute walk to the food court. Be great to know which building is best etc!

Thank you!!
All of the royal rooms are pretty well located. I believe they all all within a 10 min walk to Food court, probably closer to 5 mins. I don't think you can go wrong. We stayed in these a few years ago and loved them.

Thank you!!

We just returned from staying in a Royal room with Garden view, and it was indeed only about a 5 min walk to the food court/lobby. What we found was that depending on where you are, it is sometimes just as fast (or faster) to walk to the South Depot for buses that is right outside of the Lobby vs. going to the East Depot "behind" the Mansions. Also, as a note, the pick up/drop off order for buses was West Depot, North, East, then South. We did share a return bus with French Quarter, but not a pick up bus. We just requested highest floor, as that's what we enjoy the most.

And to anyone wondering; the water wheel was indeed turning our whole trip!

We just returned from staying in a Royal room with Garden view, and it was indeed only about a 5 min walk to the food court/lobby. What we found was that depending on where you are, it is sometimes just as fast (or faster) to walk to the South Depot for buses that is right outside of the Lobby vs. going to the East Depot "behind" the Mansions. Also, as a note, the pick up/drop off order for buses was West Depot, North, East, then South. We did share a return bus with French Quarter, but not a pick up bus. We just requested highest floor, as that's what we enjoy the most.

And to anyone wondering; the water wheel was indeed turning our whole trip!

That’s great to know. Thank you! Pleased to hear the wheel is turning too. Love the area around the food court and little boardwalk.

We’ve got a whole 10 nights. Super, super excited!!

Me again with another room request question. :wave2:

I've made requests before for just my family in one room without a problem, but this time we have a group of 13 in 5 separate rooms. I plan to send in a fax listing all 5 reservation numbers and requesting we all be near each other in Alligator Bayou. I'm checking out the resort map to see if there is a specific area/building we should request besides just Alligator Bayou.

Our 5 rooms consists of:
King Bed Room for 2 adults 1 child
King Bed Room for 1 adult 1 child
Garden View Room for 2 adults 2 children

I was thinking of requesting either building 16 to be closer to the South Depot and main buildings or a building closer to the West Depot. We are going to be there 3/31 - 4/6, so Easter break time. Thoughts?

I think with that many rooms, I'd just ask for them to be close together rather than a specific building or area of AB. I'd also highlight in your request that nothing else matters, just that they're close together. Good luck!

Question. I have a significant dust allergy. I'm worried about if a deep clean leaves either an overwhelming scent or harsh scents? Also, we have a Princess room Garden View. We need the quietest room possible. We were thinking second floor Parterre Place. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Cheers

I think with that many rooms, I'd just ask for them to be close together rather than a specific building or area of AB. I'd also highlight in your request that nothing else matters, just that they're close together. Good luck!

I agree too. And with that number of rooms I'd suggest sending the fax a bit earlier than my standard advice - maybe as early as ten days out - as that is the sort of booking for which they might want to block out rooms in advance.

Andre

Question. I have a significant dust allergy. I'm worried about if a deep clean leaves either an overwhelming scent or harsh scents? Also, we have a Princess room Garden View. We need the quietest room possible. We were thinking second floor Parterre Place. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Cheers
We had a deep cleaning for allergies last October and it did not leave a smell. It was a concern of mine because I can't tolerate chemical and perfume smells. We were glad that the room didn't have a smell at all. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter