Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Excited for our first stay at Riverside! We leave tomorrow!!

In case anyone is interested I just got a call from the resort asking if i wanted to opt out of housekeeping for a gift card...i decided to give it a try...they emailed me an e gift card-I'll report back how it goes with getting towels and toiletries after our trip=)

Did you fax room requests at all?

In case anyone is interested I just got a call from the resort asking if i wanted to opt out of housekeeping for a gift card...i decided to give it a try...they emailed me an e gift card-I'll report back how it goes with getting towels and toiletries after our trip=)

Wow! I didn't know they did that. I may put it in my fax request to see if that helps. It will be about 2am when I get there, so I'm not really wanting to stop at the front desk.

Yay! May I ask how long you are staying and how much they offered you? We arrive on Wed!

I'm going to apologize in advance because I know these questions have been asked a bunch of times. I've been reading through as many posts as my brain can handle, but I seem to have been finding some conflicting information.

As background, I'm going to be at POR in April with a group with 5 standard rooms (10 adults, 6 kids). One of the rooms has 5 people, so I understand they will be placed at AB. Because we're going together as a group, we are hoping to stay close to each other (ideally with some adjoining rooms), and so will be sending a room request. I have a few questions I'm hoping you can help me with:

1) I seem to have read conflicting ideas. Should I be sending the room request before or after the online checkin at 60 days?
2) Given that we are requesting to be in AB, does anyone have recommendations for the best buildings? My gut says that due to the number of kids, it is probably best be closer to the bus depots (especially in evenings/nap time).
3) Kind of related to #2; it seems that people recommend the West Bus, since it tends to come first in the morning. This probably work best when we are traveling with our large group. Is this still accurate?

Thanks in advance for the great advice I know you will provide. Looking forward to my first stay at POR!

Can someone confirm if there's a microwave in the room? I know I saw a fridge on the floor plan, but I don't remember seeing a microwave.

TIA!

Me again.

There is coffee available in the morning in the POR food court and the refillable mug is eligible to get coffee, right?

If you can't tell, my overthinking is in hyper-drive right now that we're finally under the month mark!

As background, I'm going to be at POR in April with a group with 5 standard rooms (10 adults, 6 kids). One of the rooms has 5 people, so I understand they will be placed at AB. Because we're going together as a group, we are hoping to stay close to each other (ideally with some adjoining rooms), and so will be sending a room request. I have a few questions I'm hoping you can help me with:

1) I seem to have read conflicting ideas. Should I be sending the room request before or after the online checkin at 60 days?
2) Given that we are requesting to be in AB, does anyone have recommendations for the best buildings? My gut says that due to the number of kids, it is probably best be closer to the bus depots (especially in evenings/nap time).
3) Kind of related to #2; it seems that people recommend the West Bus, since it tends to come first in the morning. This probably work best when we are traveling with our large group. Is this still accurate?

Hi ,Mickey Mouse !
What I would do is call now and have your requests placed on your reservations. Make your requests brief, and in order of importance to you. If the reservations are all in different names, have every party call and have the same requests put in. THEN, you can also fax your requests in about 4-5 days prior to arrival. With the fax, you could probably list all of the reservation numbers on one fax.

We were put in Bldg # 37 AB during our last trip and loved it. It is closest to the North bus stop, and we never had bus issues once during our stay. None of the lodges are very far from the bus stops really. I think though that if all of you being fairly close to one another is of most importance I would simply go with that request to make it more likely to be filled.

Happy Planning!!!

Me again.

There is coffee available in the morning in the POR food court and the refillable mug is eligible to get coffee, right?

If you can't tell, my overthinking is in hyper-drive right now that we're finally under the month mark!

Yes, and yes ;-)
And woooo whooooo on being under 30 days !!!! :dogdance::yay::dogdance::yay:

What time do the boats stop running back from Disney Springs. I don't want to miss it :) TIA

Did you fax room requests at all?
I sure did! i requested to be close to food court and transportation....but the CM who called me didn't reference my fax?!?
They gave us a wonderful room tho!! Exactly what I asked for!! do you think that's why i got the call??

The opt out housekeeping was awesome.....the gift card worked perfectly off my phone...when i needed towels and coffee they delivered it within minutes...it was just a great experience. i needed more coffee cups and i didn't want to bother anyone so i found a housekeeping cart and asked the CM if i could take coffee cups and she was totally fine with it!!!

BTW the in-room Joffrey's coffee is absolutely fantastic!!! my new favorite!!!!!!! I'm hoping to find it online for home!!!!!

Officially booked 7/29-8/4! I was stalling in hopes of getting a unique code but gave up. 179 days til my happy place!

What time do the boats stop running back from Disney Springs. I don't want to miss it :) TIA
It is around 11:30. They will make an announcement on the ride to DS and there are signs at the dock noting the hours of operation. There are also buses that run later. The info may even by on the Resort TV channel.

It is around 11:30. They will make an announcement on the ride to DS and there are signs at the dock noting the hours of operation. There are also buses that run later. The info may even by on the Resort TV channel.

Awesome - thanks alot!

I sure did! i requested to be close to food court and transportation....but the CM who called me didn't reference my fax?!?
They gave us a wonderful room tho!! Exactly what I asked for!! do you think that's why i got the call??

The opt out housekeeping was awesome.....the gift card worked perfectly off my phone...when i needed towels and coffee they delivered it within minutes...it was just a great experience. i needed more coffee cups and i didn't want to bother anyone so i found a housekeeping cart and asked the CM if i could take coffee cups and she was totally fine with it!!!

BTW the in-room Joffrey's coffee is absolutely fantastic!!! my new favorite!!!!!!! I'm hoping to find it online for home!!!!!
What type of coffee is used in the room machine? A flat disk type or K cup? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter