Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I am trying to keep up, but haven't been following closely on the animal situation. Can I request a pet free room? Is that a thing? My DS and I will be staying at POR next month. He has allergies and I wouldn't want a pet friendly room. I don't want to request a deep cleaning if I don't have to. We are staying preferred. If there's a building we should try to avoid, please let me know. I'll request, then hope for the best.

I am trying to keep up, but haven't been following closely on the animal situation. Can I request a pet free room? Is that a thing? My DS and I will be staying at POR next month. He has allergies and I wouldn't want a pet friendly room. I don't want to request a deep cleaning if I don't have to. We are staying preferred. If there's a building we should try to avoid, please let me know. I'll request, then hope for the best.

The thing is, there's no guarantee that any room has never had a pet in it, because even if it isn't one of the rooms designated for pets, it could've had a service animal in it. If you don't want to request a deep cleaning, I would just request a room that isn't pet-friendly rather than a building number (although I thought I read that the only pet-friendly building is 24, which isn't a preferred building, so you should be OK).

Thanks guys! The pasta and salad bars do sound wonderful. I was thinking along the same lines, Jenn-- after days of theme park food, I may want a salad to break it up!

I definitely plan on heading over to FQ for beignets. I think I saw something about a maple cream cheese cinnamon roll there too that has my name all over it.

Thanks guys! The pasta and salad bars do sound wonderful. I was thinking along the same lines, Jenn-- after days of theme park food, I may want a salad to break it up!

I definitely plan on heading over to FQ for beignets. I think I saw something about a maple cream cheese cinnamon roll there too that has my name all over it.
The Pasta is huge. My (adult) daughter & I share an order. Then you can also get a side salad! Lol.
The make your own salad is good. I’ve had it at GF.

First visit for our family of 5 and can't wait to stay at POR. We will be in AB since we are a family and 5 but I would love to make a room request. We are booked with a Garden View. I think I read the west bus depot is the best? Which should I request!! TIA

Can’t help you with AB locations, we have always stayed in the mansions. But congrats on POR. It’s our fav moderate. Make a point of exploring and walking around the river paths. See Bob Jackson’s show and take the boat to Disney Springs!

First visit for our family of 5 and can't wait to stay at POR. We will be in AB since we are a family and 5 but I would love to make a room request. We are booked with a Garden View. I think I read the west bus depot is the best? Which should I request!! TIA

We just stayed in building 17, Garden View, and loved it. We were still close to the main building and South stop but equally close to West depot when we returned from the parks. It took a little while to figure out the best routes walking from the depots, especially the west one at night

Just got back from 3 nights at POR. Grounds are absolutely wonderful, love the boat to Disney springs, food court is pretty good and pool while smaller is well done. Muddy Rivers pool bar was convenient. The rooms however, need work. The first room we were placed in, in magnolia, was straight up gross and we requested a new room. We were moved to alligator bayou and were grateful for that. Still though, the rooms are in need of an update. Tiny oddly placed TVs. Mismatched decor. Fake bathroom wood paneling. Bad lighting. Probably wont stay at this resort again until a refurb as we dreaded spending time in the room.

Just got back from 3 nights at POR. Grounds are absolutely wonderful, love the boat to Disney springs, food court is pretty good and pool while smaller is well done. Muddy Rivers pool bar was convenient. The rooms however, need work. The first room we were placed in, in magnolia, was straight up gross and we requested a new room. We were moved to alligator bayou and were grateful for that. Still though, the rooms are in need of an update. Tiny oddly placed TVs. Mismatched decor. Fake bathroom wood paneling. Bad lighting. Probably wont stay at this resort again until a refurb as we dreaded spending time in the room.
They are getting a rehab after French Quarter is finished later this year . Don't think the fake wood paneling is going away. But if it is like FQ a new tv mounted on the wall, laminated wood floors and new beds

They are getting a rehab after French Quarter is finished later this year . Don't think the fake wood paneling is going away. But if it is like FQ a new tv mounted on the wall, laminated wood floors and new beds
well thats good to know! Wood paneling normally doesn’t bother me but it was painted so dark brown and fake looking that it threw me off. A refresh on linens (curtains, bedding), some of the decor and TVs would make a world of difference. Bonus for floors too!

So sorry your rooms weren’t good. I’ve never stayed in AB. But I loved the mansion rooms. Same thing happened to us a few years ago. The room we were assigned was gross- it wasn’t cleaned for new occupancy. So other people’s stuff were left in room, food crumbs on floor. I’m assuming sheets weren’t changed. Went and requested new room too. We were moved to another mansion and next room was great.

So sorry your rooms weren’t good. I’ve never stayed in AB. But I loved the mansion rooms. Same thing happened to us a few years ago. The room we were assigned was gross- it wasn’t cleaned for new occupancy. So other people’s stuff were left in room, food crumbs on floor. I’m assuming sheets weren’t changed. Went and requested new room too. We were moved to another mansion and next room was great.
That’s okay! I’ve never requested to move rooms but the mansion room had some major issues. AB rooms just need a facelift but they were clean and well kept... a fine place to sleep between fun :) The grounds on both sides of the resort are something to behold though, so beautiful and calm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter