• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bell services (luggage assistance?) will handle transporting all of your bags between resorts. Drop them off there when you leave and as them to transfer them. Then when you get to Pop call and they'll bring it up to your room. We did this last trip with ASMo and CSR, dropped our bags in the morning and went to the parks all day.
Thank you so much for the quick response. I know this isn’t a “POP resort” question so I appreciate you taking time to answer it anyway. I just wasn’t sure where I should exactly ask this specific question. The members on this board have always been so helpful. I love POP and can’t wait to try out the new rooms in July and December. Thanks again Moliphino, I greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you so much for the quick response. I know this isn’t a “POP resort” question so I appreciate you taking time to answer it anyway. I just wasn’t sure where I should exactly ask this specific question. The members on this board have always been so helpful. I love POP and can’t wait to try out the new rooms in July and December. Thanks again Moliphino, I greatly appreciate your help.
I am so glad you did because I wasn't aware this was available, my September trip we are staying POP 3 nights then heading to BCV and I assumed I would have to pack up and get luggage there on our own, MAJOR time saver!

I am so glad you did because I wasn't aware this was available, my September trip we are staying POP 3 nights then heading to BCV and I assumed I would have to pack up and get luggage there on our own, MAJOR time saver!
I'm doing the same thing in September...our first split stay and will be moving from Pop to BC :)

Side note...I've seen that they have the little bottles of solar relief gel and shampoo/conditioner in the rooms at BC. Does anyone know if they have them at Pop as well? I have a bit of a Disney packing problem (well, overpacking), so anything I can cut down on is helpful.

I'm doing the same thing in September...our first split stay and will be moving from Pop to BC :)

Side note...I've seen that they have the little bottles of solar relief gel and shampoo/conditioner in the rooms at BC. Does anyone know if they have them at Pop as well? I have a bit of a Disney packing problem (well, overpacking), so anything I can cut down on is helpful.
We're doing a split stay between Pop and BC in October!

The solar relief gel is not in the rooms at Pop. You may be able to purchase something like this at the Everything Pop store. I purchased some at Blizzard Beach 2 years ago but that's not much help to you.

Just changed to POP for my September visit (from CSR). Not the biggest fan of the new design, but I am a big fan of saving like $200!

Just be aware that your luggage will not be transferred until around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. If you're going to be in a park all day, it's no big deal, just make sure you keep anything with you that you might need to access.
When I do a split stay, I generally Uber to the new resort with my luggage. Also, I've been told to make sure I go to the desk at the resort I am leaving and physically check out so that I can check in to the new resort. That way, if my room is ready, I can go ahead and take luggage to new room. If it's not ready, I leave my luggage at bell services until I get into my room.
It does take time to do things this way, but I'm not generally a rope drop person and I like having my luggage where I can access it when I want it and not be dependent on waiting for it to be transferred.

The solar relief gel is not in the rooms at Pop. You may be able to purchase something like this at the Everything Pop store. I purchased some at Blizzard Beach 2 years ago but that's not much help to you.
Bummer...but I think I have seen some travel sized gels at the store. Thanks!

Just be aware that your luggage will not be transferred until around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. If you're going to be in a park all day, it's no big deal, just make sure you keep anything with you that you might need to access.
When I do a split stay, I generally Uber to the new resort with my luggage. Also, I've been told to make sure I go to the desk at the resort I am leaving and physically check out so that I can check in to the new resort. That way, if my room is ready, I can go ahead and take luggage to new room. If it's not ready, I leave my luggage at bell services until I get into my room.
It does take time to do things this way, but I'm not generally a rope drop person and I like having my luggage where I can access it when I want it and not be dependent on waiting for it to be transferred.
Good point, I think that day (it's a Tuesday) we will likely do Epcot all day so taking the walk back to the room at some point anyway so if luggage hasn't arrived it won't be the end of the world. I will just be sure to include some items in our backpack we normally don't bring just in case.

I also considered Uber, but after my last experience in Disney with it I would rather risk my luggage being unavailable for the day.

Good point, I think that day (it's a Tuesday) we will likely do Epcot all day so taking the walk back to the room at some point anyway so if luggage hasn't arrived it won't be the end of the world. I will just be sure to include some items in our backpack we normally don't bring just in case.

We're switching on a Monday after doing MNSSHP the night before. My plan is to sleep in a bit, pack everything up (I'm going to try using packing cubes, and also using 1 suitcase for Pop, and 1 suitcase for BC), and take Uber with our luggage over to BC. Then we have a 10:45 breakfast ADR at the Bon Voyage breakfast at the Boardwalk so we can just walk over there.

We're switching on a Monday after doing MNSSHP the night before. My plan is to sleep in a bit, pack everything up (I'm going to try using packing cubes, and also using 1 suitcase for Pop, and 1 suitcase for BC), and take Uber with our luggage over to BC. Then we have a 10:45 breakfast ADR at the Bon Voyage breakfast at the Boardwalk so we can just walk over there.
I love packing cubes - now if just the weather cooperates with how I pack I'll be set

I love packing cubes - now if just the weather cooperates with how I pack I'll be set
I love the idea of them but I am such an overpacker that I never even considered them before. I think the cubes will help me be more careful about over packing. I'm thinking a different color for me and DH will help keep the suitcases more organized too, since typically all of his stuff is in 1 suitcase and all of my clothes are in another suitcase so this will be new combining our clothes. We'll likely bring a 3rd suitcase for souvenirs as well since we're flying Southwest. :)

I love the idea of them but I am such an overpacker that I never even considered them before. I think the cubes will help me be more careful about over packing. I'm thinking a different color for me and DH will help keep the suitcases more organized too, since typically all of his stuff is in 1 suitcase and all of my clothes are in another suitcase so this will be new combining our clothes. We'll likely bring a 3rd suitcase for souvenirs as well since we're flying Southwest. :)
I am an overpacker. I have had packing cubes for ages but it’s not till this past couple of years (and four transatlantic trips) that I’ve used them to
Their fullest potential. I will never go back.

The other thing I use is vacuum storage bags. Even if you can’t get hold of a vacuum if you zip the end mostly closed and roll you can save a lot of space. I’ve even used them to vacuum down packing cubes. I’ve always used these, but adding the cubes has really saved me space and I’ve been able to reduce the number of cases I take

Edit to add, DH and I used to pack in separate cases till one of our bags almost went awol, so we have different colours for each and mix our bags now. They’re also great for unpacking at the hotel, just take them out as is and pop in the drawer :)

Last edited:
Due to the cost of our flight, It’s cheaper to fly in on a Thursday instead of Friday, so I was going to add on an extra day at the start of our vacation. However, there is no availability at POP, but there is at All star sports. Does anyone have any experience with this? We would arrive late Thursday night and then have to check out Friday morning and head over to POP. How do we transfer over there? What about our luggage? Will ASSp transport us and our luggage? Or if we decide to go straight to the parks Friday morning and just check into POP later on Friday when our room is ready, will ASSp make sure our luggage gets there? Or do we need to find a way to get it there ourselves? Obviously, we aren’t driving. Any help would be appreciated. I’m just not sure if it will be a big hassle.
When you check for an available room for the one night make sure you check every promotion and rack rate. sometimes it only shows up in one category

In my experience, cubes make it easier to overpack because of the compression aspect. I really have to watch for that 50 pound limit when I use them. (But I honestly don’t know how I ever lived without them either!)

I was looking at the first page of this thread and see that there is a Luggage Station.
When first arriving at Pop, do you pull up by front entrance to check in and grab a luggage cart to unload?
Thanks-Just trying to figure it all out.

Have a friend taking her granddaughter & all she can get is a standard room. I’ve never stayed at Pop. Can anyone recommend the most convenient building/room of the standard rooms? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter