• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it best to ask for a room location preference on the phone or online? Our daughter has Neurofibromatosis and her back will flare quite a bit and her knees bother her as well. We really need to try to stay on the first floor if possible so she is not climbing stairs. I have never requested a room location, and we have always been on the first floor at Pop. I just want to try to make sure we stay on the first floor if at all possible.
I would call the request in and explain the reason for the first floor request.

If that is your only request,I would be almost positive it can be accommodated.

IF you arrive at POP and haven't been assigned a First Floor room,go to the Front Desk and explain your situation again.:)

I requested the 80's building for my late September trip, both on phone and on line check in. What are the chances I get it? Should I use TP to send a fax as well?
We requested 70s, highest floor when we went in March and had both requests met, but I know others haven't gotten any of their requests met. I think it all depends on how full the resort is and what other people are requesting. It wouldn't hurt to use TP and send a fax. I think if you only request 80s you should have a pretty good chance at getting what you want.

When having water sent to the resort from Amazon what address do I put for the delivery? Do I put my name and Pop Century's address? Do I have it sent on arrival day or before?

THank you!

Is it possible to get white milk in your refillable mug at POP?
No but it is available to purchase in the Fiid court.

When having water sent to the resort from Amazon what address do I put for the delivery? Do I put my name and Pop Century's address? Do I have it sent on arrival day or before?

THank you!
the address is in post #1. I address it to Pop with a note in the second line of my name and the dates of my stay.

We absolutely loved the location. Gondola construction did not impede our view (see photo below). The construction noise was minimal. We went back to the room for afternoon naps almost everyday, but the noise never prevented us from falling asleep, never woke us up. It was noticeable if there was no noise at all in the room, if we weren't talking, or if the TV was off. It was much quieter than most noises I hear at home in summer with the windows open. I would suggest anyone who thinks they might be bothered by the noise to have earplugs and/or some kind of noise machine. At least, that was our experience, but for all I know, construction might get more noisy depending on what they are working on.
View attachment 325768
Thank you so much! The photo is very helpful. Can't wait to be there!

So I'm starting to pack random things. I'm a pretty big coffee drinker in the morning. I drink at least one large Tervis, sometimes more. I was looking into bringing my own coffee pods/discs. I looked on Amazon and a lot of them had bad reviews. Has anyone else ever attempted this? If so, what brands did you have luck with?

https://www.amazon.com/Senseo-Coffe...pID=51mfcSpkmmL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
These are the type of pods/coffee disks they use. I prefer flavored coffee, so we brought several packages of vanilla and it worked out great!

You liked these? I looked at these on Amazon but several of the reviews said the coffee was extremely weak.

I'm no coffee connoisseur, but yeah, I liked them. I usually drink Cinnabon K-cups here at home, as a comparison. I often say I like coffee that doesn't taste like coffee (I add flavored creamer and sometimes extra sweetener). To each his own. Mostly, I was just wanted to let you know for sure what type of pods you're looking for in case you want to bring your own.

I'm no coffee connoisseur, but yeah, I liked them. I usually drink Cinnabon K-cups here at home, as a comparison. I often say I like coffee that doesn't taste like coffee (I add flavored creamer and sometimes extra sweetener). To each his own. Mostly, I was just wanted to let you know for sure what type of pods you're looking for in case you want to bring your own.
I'm with you on the flavored coffee. Some of the reviews noted that they barely changed the color of the water. So that concerned me the most. I'll have to order a bag and see how it goes. Thank you!

I'm with you on the flavored coffee. Some of the reviews noted that they barely changed the color of the water. So that concerned me the most. I'll have to order a bag and see how it goes. Thank you!
My friend had bypassed all this by buying a little travel Kureg and brings her own maker, my parents travel with their own coffee pot too.

You liked these? I looked at these on Amazon but several of the reviews said the coffee was extremely weak.
When we last stayed at CSR they had those pod coffeemakers.
The only way we could make coffee barely worth drinking was to use two pods per brew.
Our housekeepers were very good about leaving us extra pods each day.

We requested 70s, highest floor when we went in March and had both requests met, but I know others haven't gotten any of their requests met. I think it all depends on how full the resort is and what other people are requesting. It wouldn't hurt to use TP and send a fax. I think if you only request 80s you should have a pretty good chance at getting what you want.
My requests were both 80's and ground floor. I'll take an upper floor if it means I get the right building!

My requests were both 80's and ground floor. I'll take an upper floor if it means I get the right building!
I would take off ground floor then. They may end up sticking you somewhere else on the ground floor. I would honestly just leave that section blank on your online check-in and just call in your requests. I know it stinks to call, but I always call and I've always had good luck getting what I request.

We have a Standard view POP room booked for August. My daughter would love to be near the main flower pool. Does the 60's section have any standard rooms? Is there a standard section you would recommend? Thx!

Due to the cost of our flight, It’s cheaper to fly in on a Thursday instead of Friday, so I was going to add on an extra day at the start of our vacation. However, there is no availability at POP, but there is at All star sports. Does anyone have any experience with this? We would arrive late Thursday night and then have to check out Friday morning and head over to POP. How do we transfer over there? What about our luggage? Will ASSp transport us and our luggage? Or if we decide to go straight to the parks Friday morning and just check into POP later on Friday when our room is ready, will ASSp make sure our luggage gets there? Or do we need to find a way to get it there ourselves? Obviously, we aren’t driving. Any help would be appreciated. I’m just not sure if it will be a big hassle.

Due to the cost of our flight, It’s cheaper to fly in on a Thursday instead of Friday, so I was going to add on an extra day at the start of our vacation. However, there is no availability at POP, but there is at All star sports. Does anyone have any experience with this? We would arrive late Thursday night and then have to check out Friday morning and head over to POP. How do we transfer over there? What about our luggage? Will ASSp transport us and our luggage? Or if we decide to go straight to the parks Friday morning and just check into POP later on Friday when our room is ready, will ASSp make sure our luggage gets there? Or do we need to find a way to get it there ourselves? Obviously, we aren’t driving. Any help would be appreciated. I’m just not sure if it will be a big hassle.

Bell services (luggage assistance?) will handle transporting all of your bags between resorts. Drop them off there when you leave and as them to transfer them. Then when you get to Pop call and they'll bring it up to your room. We did this last trip with ASMo and CSR, dropped our bags in the morning and went to the parks all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter