Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI ... the maps made by folks that we all post here are a bit "wrong" in that there is no such thing as Preferred View rooms.

Maps list it as:
- Nothing noted on map (Standard)
- Standard Pool View (yes view of pool - farther location to hub)
- Preferred Pool View (yes view of pool - close location to hub)
- Preferred View (no such thing, these rooms have no "view" they are really only called Preferred)

I post for anyone reading that you can pay the extra for a Preferred room and be facing towards the parking lot area or backed up to the bell services area (which can get noisy) - I've been in both kinds of rooms as "upgrades". Because these rooms really only called PREFERRED, meaning the are close to the food court/front desk/bus depot. It has nothing to do with actual view.

Yeah sorry, I mean preferred. I don't care what kind of view I have. Just trying to figure out what to request for my trip. ETA: I specifically picked preferred because I don't want a view of the pool :)

Yeah sorry, I mean preferred. I don't care what kind of view I have. Just trying to figure out what to request for my trip. ETA: I specifically picked preferred because I don't want a view of the pool :)

No mistake on your part it’s how these maps we use are labeled, they are wrong. Just a heads up for others who often think view is a view ... when it’s only which way your room faces, and preferred vs standard is about location.

No mistake on your part it’s how these maps we use are labeled, they are wrong. Just a heads up for others who often think view is a view ... when it’s only which way your room faces, and preferred vs standard is about location.
That's helpful...I wouldn't have realized that it was referring to the direction and not the actual view. Thanks for sharing.

What are you guy's experiences with getting passholder rates during free dining periods at Pop? My TA had a goof and we lost the Enchanted Room Discount. She is covering the difference, but I'd really like to find a passholder rate if possible.

I spent 2 days with our AP discount, it was quite nice, you can even call and request the current AP discount

Magic Kingdom opens at 8am this weekend. If we are staying at Pop (first time!) and plan to be inside the park waiting to rope drop by about 7:30/7:40, what time would you plan to be outside waiting for a bus? And/or how much time would you leave if you were going to Lyft/Uber? Thanks!

Magic Kingdom opens at 8am this weekend. If we are staying at Pop (first time!) and plan to be inside the park waiting to rope drop by about 7:30/7:40, what time would you plan to be outside waiting for a bus? And/or how much time would you leave if you were going to Lyft/Uber? Thanks!
I can only give advice about the buses, but we always get to the park an hour before park opening and get to the bus stop 30-45 minutes before that. Personally, if I were you I would be at rope drop by 7 am, but if you can't make that work I would get to the bus stop by 6:45 am. The bus ride itself doesn't take very long that early in the morning, but waiting for the bus can sometimes take a while. However, they usually send quite a few MK buses compared to the other parks.

We just booked a trip for mid July (our first in 5 years so I’m trying to catch up on all the changes!)

We have preferred pool booked. That’s just in the 60s? Are all those rooms refurbished?

Does Pop have the bus wait time screens?

Are there towels by the pool now or do we still need to call mousekeeping?

TIA everyone!

We just booked a trip for mid July (our first in 5 years so I’m trying to catch up on all the changes!)

We have preferred pool booked. That’s just in the 60s? Are all those rooms refurbished?

Does Pop have the bus wait time screens?

Are there towels by the pool now or do we still need to call mousekeeping?

TIA everyone!
1. Yes, Preferred pool is only in the 60's and they are renovated.
2. There are wait time screens for the busses.
3. And there are towels at the pools.

Have fun!

After a wild 6 times of changing my hotel reservation, I'm booked again for my favorite week of the year in November at Pop!

I know this might change by then, but is the bridge to AOA still open?

After a wild 6 times of changing my hotel reservation, I'm booked again for my favorite week of the year in November at Pop!

I know this might change by then, but is the bridge to AOA still open?
Yes it’s still open and I don’t see them closing it completely. It appears they’re building the gondola platform over the water so I’d guess the current closure of half the bridge will be all that is required and the bridge should continue to allow people to move between resorts.

So I'm starting to pack random things. I'm a pretty big coffee drinker in the morning. I drink at least one large Tervis, sometimes more. I was looking into bringing my own coffee pods/discs. I looked on Amazon and a lot of them had bad reviews. Has anyone else ever attempted this? If so, what brands did you have luck with?

We just got back from our week stay at Pop. It was a great trip and we loved the resort. The queen beds make all the difference for this tall guy. We were a family of 4 and the room was great for us. Bus transportation was smooth as well. I was especially impressed with frequency of MK buses even at park closing.

We also loved the lake view location in the 60s. It was a standard room but an easy walk to Classic Hall.

We would not hesitate to stay here again and think it’s a great resort for the money. I say this after having stayed in values, moderates, and one deluxe (WL.)

So I'm starting to pack random things. I'm a pretty big coffee drinker in the morning. I drink at least one large Tervis, sometimes more. I was looking into bringing my own coffee pods/discs. I looked on Amazon and a lot of them had bad reviews. Has anyone else ever attempted this? If so, what brands did you have luck with?
rather than go to the trouble and expense of ordering/bringing your own coffee, you can just request extra from Guest Services if you wish. They will bring as many as you wish.

We just returned from our 10-day stay at POP. We were in building 4, 4th floor, lake view (I have added the specific info to the room thread).

This is where I would love to stay-- did you notice the gondola construction at all? Did it impede your view?

This is where I would love to stay-- did you notice the gondola construction at all? Did it impede your view?
We absolutely loved the location. Gondola construction did not impede our view (see photo below). The construction noise was minimal. We went back to the room for afternoon naps almost everyday, but the noise never prevented us from falling asleep, never woke us up. It was noticeable if there was no noise at all in the room, if we weren't talking, or if the TV was off. It was much quieter than most noises I hear at home in summer with the windows open. I would suggest anyone who thinks they might be bothered by the noise to have earplugs and/or some kind of noise machine. At least, that was our experience, but for all I know, construction might get more noisy depending on what they are working on.
20180510_112406.jpg

I requested the 80's building for my late September trip, both on phone and on line check in. What are the chances I get it? Should I use TP to send a fax as well?

Is it best to ask for a room location preference on the phone or online? Our daughter has Neurofibromatosis and her back will flare quite a bit and her knees bother her as well. We really need to try to stay on the first floor if possible so she is not climbing stairs. I have never requested a room location, and we have always been on the first floor at Pop. I just want to try to make sure we stay on the first floor if at all possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter