Disney's Magical Express Update -- Reservations Required effective 11/1/05

Chip 'n Dale Express

Can't stay put!<br><font color=purple>I met lots o
Just wanted to pass along some updated information for y'all...

Beginning November 1st, Disney's Magical Express will no longer be able to accept walk-ups. Reservations made prior to arriving at Orlando Int'l Airport will now be REQUIRED. If a guest does not have a reservation, they may purchase a ticket through Mears, or can travel via taxi. The number to call to book is (866) 599-0951.

Cast members are no longer allowed to be on level 3. Orlando Int'l Airport also prohibits signs directing guests to the DME counter. There will be cast members located at Level 2 (Baggage Claim A and B) that can direct guests. DME is located at Level 1, A-side, which is accessible from all gate areas.

Also, as I stated in a previous post, the Resort Airline Check-in Desk is now open from 5am-1pm, daily.

For the list of Participating Airlines, and what that REALLY means, please see this thread:
Disney's Magical Express - What "Participating Airline" Really Means!

Here is the official DME Booklet:

dme1.jpg

The following items are included in the booket:

These are the official luggage tags:
dme2.jpg

And these are the official vouchers:
dme3.jpg

Tyler, will the CM's still have the big Mickey hands so they're easily identified? My DH will be flying alone and needs all the guidance I can give him. ;)

Thanks so much. We will be using ME for the very first time in early January. I am accustomed to the limo drivers "holding my hand" so it is good to know how the ME works. With the savings in costs it was hard for us to not try it - at least once.

It's been posted elsewhere that as of Nov 1 DME is telling guests who arrive prior to 6:00a or after 11:00p to get their own luggage.

ottawa-newbie said:
Yikes, now I'm confused - how will we find the cast members? :earseek:

You don't have to. When you get off the tram and enter the main teriminal building follow the signs to the A side of the terminal. Go down two levels, you want to be on level ONE which is the level below baggage claim. Follow the signs to the DME desk.

The cast members with the big Mickey hands will be in the baggage claim areas, along with the limo drivers. They are just there to direct lost guests to where they need to go. You do not need to go to baggage claim.

Where you DO need to go is A SIDE, LEVEL 1, and to the right.

HI CHIP!!!!

I missed you on the POP thread! So I take it you are no longer driving POP and are now doing DME???

Now I have a ressie for DME but decided to rent a car... How do I cancel that if I did it online???

Thanks and take care!

Lewisc said:
It's been posted elsewhere that as of Nov 1 DME is telling guests who arrive prior to 6:00a or after 11:00p to get their own luggage.

:earseek: Yikes! This is news to me... I'd better check on this as I arrive at 11:20 p.m. and had planned to skip the luggage pick-up. Can you direct me to this information?

Chip 'n Dale Express said:
The cast members with the big Mickey hands will be in the baggage claim areas, along with the limo drivers. They are just there to direct lost guests to where they need to go. You do not need to go to baggage claim.

Where you DO need to go is A SIDE, LEVEL 1, and to the right.

Thanks!! :goodvibes

Tyler, We are looking to arrive at 8:30pm. Obv. that is before 11. Does that mean that out luggage will be arriving after us? How far behind us will it be? I don't want to get to the hotel and have our luggage get there the next morning. What do you suggest?

Missy, I am here, there, and everywhere. I still work for Disney, but I also have connections with DME contractors.

In regards to cancelling... umm... well, seeing as its free... I would just not tag your bags, skip the counter, and just do your own thing. *shrug* I'm sure it'd be more proper to call the 866 number and officially cancel it, but its not as if you'll incur any penalty for just not showing up.

Ergens2, in regards to luggage.... again, *shrug*, I've seen luggage beat guests to the room, and I've seen it take an hour or so to get there. Plan for the worst, hope for the best. In my position, I only see the extremes, and not the norms... so I can't really say.

I just had to change my flight leaving WDW from Sunday at 2:15 to Monday at 7:20 a.m. So......if I want to check my bags at my resort, will I still be able to?? I have routinely been picked up about 2 3/4 hrs before my flight by DME. Will I be able to check my bags at the resort, hop a bus at say 5:30 and still be able to make it to MCO for the 7:20 flight? I know that I have always had plenty of time at the airport the last two times I used DME.

goofy4tink said:
I just had to change my flight leaving WDW from Sunday at 2:15 to Monday at 7:20 a.m. So......if I want to check my bags at my resort, will I still be able to?? I have routinely been picked up about 2 3/4 hrs before my flight by DME. Will I be able to check my bags at the resort, hop a bus at say 5:30 and still be able to make it to MCO for the 7:20 flight? I know that I have always had plenty of time at the airport the last two times I used DME.
You will not be able to check your bags. Bags must be checked 3 hours prior to flight, and since the desk opens at 5am, this would not be available. Also, your pick up time will be 2hrs 45mins-3hrours prior to departure, and is non-negotiable. Should you wish to leave later than your scheduled time, you will have to do that on your own.

Bummer...thanks Tyler. I kinda figured that was going to be the case. Ah well....an extra day in WDW is worth lugging my bag around the airport!!!

I thought that I had read somewhere that the tips were included for Magical Express. Is this true or not? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter